Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeak From Front Suspension

Gordie

Hiya

I've done a search and can't find anyone else with my specific problem.

I have a 2006 1.3 T-Spirit and when I'm turning very slowly on full lock, say into a parking space, there's a groaning noise coming from the direction of the front suspension. It's intermittent but comes from both sides and since the warranty is up in May I should get it looked at. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Gordon

Just sounds like the power steering pump doing it's job. Or it could be the plastic splash gaurd in the inner front wing rubbing on the tyre. I would put the steering on full lock when parked and have a look in the arch. Or you could take the wheel off and check for any signs of wheel rubbing against anything. ;)

Just sounds like the power steering pump doing it's job. Or it could be the plastic splash gaurd in the inner front wing rubbing on the tyre. I would put the steering on full lock when parked and have a look in the arch. Or you could take the wheel off and check for any signs of wheel rubbing against anything. ;)

:unsure: I did not think the 2006 Yaris had a power steering pump as they use electric power steering

:unsure: I did not think the 2006 Yaris had a power steering pump as they use electric power steering

Sorry, my mistake then ;)

Even tho its electric will still have a pump, and the groanin noise is completely normal been to toyota and queried this problem myself, they said its completely normal and they wouldnt do anything about it because its a waste of time and money, the gentlemen who insisted it was normal had a 08 plate auris and his does the exact same thing, one thing i advise though, keep your power steering topped up yaris's seem to drink it, or atleast the tsports do anyway :/

Even tho its electric will still have a pump, and the groanin noise is completely normal been to toyota and queried this problem myself, they said its completely normal and they wouldnt do anything about it because its a waste of time and money, the gentlemen who insisted it was normal had a 08 plate auris and his does the exact same thing, one thing i advise though, keep your power steering topped up yaris's seem to drink it, or atleast the tsports do anyway :/

If a yaris has electric power steering it doesnt use a pump. The motor is part of the steering column.

Mart.

Thanks everyone, it sounds like I don't really have much to worry about. My concern was that it was the suspension, which was likely be expensive when the warranty runs out. I'll check out these and any other suggestions on Saturday when I can get some daylight.

The noise sounds similar to the squeak from the driver's seat which started today. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links