Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Tune A Ctsc?

ljcni99

You'll have to excuse my scepticism on that one. Show me some hard facts to back that up and I'll be on board, but here are my reasons for being a sceptic:

In order to do that you would need a new SC pulley for more boost (custom job). You also need IC to get more O2 in the system (also custom job). On top you need to get a piggy back ($$$) and get that tuned from scratch (more $$). I simply don't see how that is possible for that amount on the Rolla, but I'm happy to be proven wrong! :) If the Exige already as an IC (or some sort of really effective CAI) and an ECU which can be remapped I'm more likely to see it happen.

To finish it up I'm at least equally interested in torque output as BHP.

Makes no difference to me if he can do it or not (cant see a company as large as Vtune lying but hey...you never no) i wouldnt tune my corolla at all!!! it struggles with 215bhp let alone any more. i reckon its cos its a british built car, any toyota built here is poor at best. the only reason they have a good reputation for reliability is because old people tend to buy them therefore they never get thrashed!

I'm not saying anybodys lying. I just find it strange that they can do it at that cost when a piggy back alone almost costs that sum of money, let alone the total sum of the parts needed. Thaz all. :)

I'm not worried about tuning the engine beyond 215. You (and I for that matter) have the same engine that's is in the Lotus, with the same compressor, and it's not even close to it's potential at 215. 250/260 is well withing safe limits for the engine, but the mapping needs to be done by someone who knows their stuff.

But I'm reading you as you are worried about the rest of the car handling the extra performance? I can def see it from that angle, which is also why people doing engine upgrades also have to (in my book) have several other mods on their todo list as well :) Brakes, braces, coilovers, wheels and clutch are things I have on my list in order to match the engine output.

Now..unfortunately they ways to tune our belowed TS, be it a regular or compressor edition, are slowly disappearing in some respects unless you wanna go all custom, but there might be something interesting on the horizon in the not too distant future... Can't say more right now, but I'll be back :!Removed!:

Tbh, this is why I sold the compressor. it's just too much hassle to tune.

£2k to see any real gains WTF?

Can get an extra 40 bhp and 80nm of torque for £350 which can be turned on or off via a button on the dash.

Tbh, this is why I sold the compressor. it's just too much hassle to tune.

£2k to see any real gains WTF?

Can get an extra 40 bhp and 80nm of torque for £350 which can be turned on or off via a button on the dash.

well the mods you done on your old compressor were slowin it down, exhaust was poor every box on the system had collapsed and the induction kit was doin nothin as it had no air feed to it,put old standard air box on and a new custom exhaust on and shes flyin just got to get the chips in the bonnet done and she is done.better watch them vauxhalls there all goin pop. also me tte front bumper should be painted for sat will post u some pics when its done. cheers. :)

Details?!

Details?!

hes on about his astra vxr n/ring not the compressor!

oh...oooppps....the word Astra brings back some really bad memories...(trying to forget I even asked... ;) )

I do however have a very recent one of a brand new Astra GTC 2.0L Turbo (240BHP) who quite unsuccessfully tried to loose me on the highway a couple of weeks back... :lol: I'll take my Rolla anyday :thumbsup:

oh...oooppps....the word Astra brings back some really bad memories...(trying to forget I even asked... ;) )

I do however have a very recent one of a brand new Astra GTC 2.0L Turbo (240BHP) who quite unsuccessfully tried to loose me on the highway a couple of weeks back... :lol: I'll take my Rolla anyday :thumbsup:

That's because they weigh over 1350 kg but for £350 that can become 280-290 bhp and 400nm of torque all set to a power curve of your choice (aggresive or progressive) the latter being the one I'm going for as it spins the wheels quite easily as standard

That's because they weigh over 1350 kg but for £350 that can become 280-290 bhp and 400nm of torque all set to a power curve of your choice (aggresive or progressive) the latter being the one I'm going for as it spins the wheels quite easily as standard

I'd probably do the same :) Now...back to the Rollas!

Indeed, sorry for hijacking the thread!!

I still have a couple of vvtli badges and a double din surround if anyone wants them, pm mer

i nearly made the mistake of buying the VXR, were vauxhall trying to be funny when they attemped to set the chassis up....even the vauxhall sales man apologiesed for the car when it struggled to take a round a bout at a reasonable pace, hence why i took my cash to MR T,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links