Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Options

PaulWorthing

Okay I know there is a relatively limited right hand drive market worldwide but why oh why do we not get all of the generic options that they do on the continent?

I have just been onto the german Toyota site (there configurator always allows for adding things like body kits etc for the Aygo) only to find that even something as basic as paint finishes, so nothing to do with left or right hand drive, we are being short changed. I see from the UK site that we are only allowed IQ's in 3 colours whereas the germans also have the choice of silver and red.

To be honest there is no way that I would choose an IQ in the colours we are being offered but if it was available in red, or even silver, I might be a bit more tempted (if it was available in proper 'premium' colours, pearlescent (the new KA is) or subtle chromatic paint jobs then I would be even more tempted!

You need to aim this question at the marketing people of the world :rolleyes:

They will have built the brand for iQ a long time ago, and will have already decided who they will be aiming it at. When they know the target audience, they decide for you what options you will have :lol: It's a sad old world, but somebody will have made the decision that there will be limited numbers available and have taken the option only to take three colours, the three that best suits their marketing needs for this year!

I'm sure that as the product develops in 2009, you will see more colours and options appearing.

Kingo :thumbsup:

You need to aim this question at the marketing people of the world :rolleyes:

They will have built the brand for iQ a long time ago, and will have already decided who they will be aiming it at. When they know the target audience, they decide for you what options you will have :lol: It's a sad old world, but somebody will have made the decision that there will be limited numbers available and have taken the option only to take three colours, the three that best suits their marketing needs for this year!

I'm sure that as the product develops in 2009, you will see more colours and options appearing.

Hey Kingo - Are there any alloy wheel upgrades for the iQ in the UK? I noticed on the German configorator the wheels that were on the car in most of the original literature are available and I like these much better than the standard ones. If they are available how much would they be as an option? (I have attached a picture of the ones I mean!)

Cheers, nedpears.

post-40482-1231669628_thumb.jpg

Yes you can add alloy wheels, only available as 15" (No larger available) and will cost you around £700

Yes you can add alloy wheels, only available as 15" (No larger available) and will cost you around £700

£700 to upgrade a set of alloys?!? On the German toyota site the option is only 170 - 190 euro!! I don't want an additional set I just want to have a different set of wheels put on the car in the factory.

Thanks.

ALL the UK models come with alloys on them anyway, so there is no factory upgrade. You would need to buy a new set at £700 ish, you would then own the original set that you could sell on ;) They cost that much EACH over here

ALL the UK models come with alloys on them anyway, so there is no factory upgrade. You would need to buy a new set at £700 ish, you would then own the original set that you could sell on ;)

Cheers for the confirmation, however if everyone already gets a set of alloys as standard there is not going to be much of a market for them is there?!? Looks like I will have to stick with what I get.

Looks like we are being short-changed again in the UK

Cant call the spec on an iQ as being short-changed, it is bursting with spec. I havnt seen the german spec list as mentioned above, but I suspect they take iQ with steel wheels and you can upgrade to alloys. We get alloys on as standard in the UK, as nedpears says, there is unlikely to be a big market for a different alloy

Interestingly, it looks like they start at €13000 or £11,600 ish, the UK models start at £9295. I call that a bit of a result for the UK TBH

Cant call the spec on an iQ as being short-changed, it is bursting with spec. I havnt seen the german spec list as mentioned above, but I suspect they take iQ with steel wheels and you can upgrade to alloys. We get alloys on as standard in the UK, as nedpears says, there is unlikely to be a big market for a different alloy

Interestingly, it looks like they start at €13000 or £11,600 ish, the UK models start at £9295. I call that a bit of a result for the UK TBH

Cheers for your help Kingo!

I am more than happy with the spec, it is certainly fully loaded :drool: and I agree with the pricing - I configured one yesterday and it was €16000 and at almost 1:1 on the echange rate we are getting a good deal!

Okay I know there is a relatively limited right hand drive market worldwide but why oh why do we not get all of the generic options that they do on the continent?

I have just been onto the german Toyota site (there configurator always allows for adding things like body kits etc for the Aygo) only to find that even something as basic as paint finishes, so nothing to do with left or right hand drive, we are being short changed. I see from the UK site that we are only allowed IQ's in 3 colours whereas the germans also have the choice of silver and red.

To be honest there is no way that I would choose an IQ in the colours we are being offered but if it was available in red, or even silver, I might be a bit more tempted (if it was available in proper 'premium' colours, pearlescent (the new KA is) or subtle chromatic paint jobs then I would be even more tempted!

I agree with everyone else. I don't think we are being short-changed at all with the iQ spec. If you look at something like the Ka it can't have some of the items which are standard in the iQ and iQ2 yet isn't that much cheaper. Yes the colours are limited but the ones that are available look great and the White is a pearlescent colour. I think the biggest thing is that the Aygo and Yaris are the models to compare to other car models. The iQ sits in it's own slot effectively.

Had my new model training yesterday.

I quite like the 3 colours available - would go for the amethyst first, white second then black third.

All IQ's fitted with 15inch alloys (silver on IQ and dark chrome effect on IQ2) There are 16inch available in Europe and should come over here at some point.

Lower spec euro cars come with rear drums instead of discs too.

There are plenty of accessories available for them too - rear spoiler, satnav with SD card slot, AUX jack and USB, scuff plates, illuminated sill covers, LED lighting (as only one interior light fitted) Full leather interior ( very nice indeed, kind of plum colour i was told but looked brown to me lol) Chrome door/boot strips. You can upgrade the 6 Speakers to JBL's.

Various other bits and pieces i have forgotten already.

IQ is so much better than the Aygo - you cant really compare them lol :D Its just the price is more ( was told between £9500 and £10500 - then you have your accesories on top).

Mart.

Getting back to my initial point . . . .

I see from the UK site that we are only allowed IQ's in 3 colours whereas the germans also have the choice of silver and red - To be honest there is no way that I would choose an IQ in the colours we are being offered but if it was available in red, or even silver, I might be a bit more tempted (if it was available in proper 'premium' colours, pearlescent (the new KA is) or subtle chromatic paint jobs then I would be even more tempted!

So will we be getting any other colours in the Uk or will I be buying from a different manufacturer when time comes to change my Smart ForTwo?

Only three colours at the moment, so you will be buying a Smart then?

We have had umpteen Smart customers in all over last weekend saying how much nicer a car the iQ is all round, particularly the driving experience

I already have a Smart ForTwo (Passion Cabriolet 2005) which I have had for over 3 years now and really want to change but I do tend to buy car with the heart rather than the head and right now, the IQ is out of the running due to the poor colour options. I will have a budget of about £12,000 and so the currently shortlist of cars is:-

Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe (Red and Silver)

Ford KA Zetec (Pearlescent Blush)

Renaultsport Twingo (Extreme Blue)

or

Toyota Aygo Blue (and save some money!)

The range was limited for the Aygo on first release and the palette was improved with subsequent special edition models....

I can see that happening with the iQ - I do think the amethyst looks a bit special though! :thumbsup:

I already have a Smart ForTwo (Passion Cabriolet 2005) which I have had for over 3 years now and really want to change but I do tend to buy car with the heart rather than the head and right now, the IQ is out of the running due to the poor colour options. I will have a budget of about £12,000 and so the currently shortlist of cars is:-

Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe (Red and Silver)

Ford KA Zetec (Pearlescent Blush)

Renaultsport Twingo (Extreme Blue)

or

Toyota Aygo Blue (and save some money!)

Go for the Aygo, I drove Smart ForTwo with the semi multimode transmission and much prefer Aygo with multimode transmission. B)

Well have been looking on the Toyota site and trying to spec up an IQ but all of the options on the car seem to be 'packs' and there is no description of what you get with each one. i.e. Whats the sport pack get you??

Well have been looking on the Toyota site and trying to spec up an IQ but all of the options on the car seem to be 'packs' and there is no description of what you get with each one. i.e. Whats the sport pack get you??

I can't vouch for its accuracy, but pack descriptions (including isports pack)

are mentioned half way down the page of the link below under ACCESSORIES AND OPTIONS:

http://www.iqcolony.com/forum/index.php?topic=91.0

There is a little info button along side each pack, but it doesnt appear to work correctly, it should give you a list of what is in the pack, the above link does seem accurate. There are also a whole load of accessories available to fit via your dealer as well

There is a little info button along side each pack, but it doesnt appear to work correctly, it should give you a list of what is in the pack, the above link does seem accurate. There are also a whole load of accessories available to fit via your dealer as well

Hey Kingo,

Is it possible for you to provide a list of the dealer fit accessories?

Cheers,

nedpears.

There are only the 3 colours at the mo as these are Metallic paints and are free until the 1st of March. After this date, you will have to pay a premium for these colours and they will release 'standard' free colours, im presuming Silver and Red!

The options are as follows:

Style Pack - Chrome Side Sills, Rear Chrome Garnish, Aluminium Scuff Plates - £245

Urban Pack - Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Velour and Rubber Boot Liner - £345

Sports Pack - Roof Spoiler, Rear Skirt, Chrome Exhaust Pipe Finisher - £295

Leather Pack - Leather Seats - £690

Navigation Pack - Satellite Navigation System Full Colour Map - £930

Hey Kingo,

Cheers,

nedpears.

PM me your email address and I will send a pdf to you

Many thanks Sally19, but I was more interested in the dealer fit accessories like the gear knobs and other little bits and pieces.

Did you get a date for your car? I ordered my iQ2 with nav and isports on 2nd Jan and have a delivery date of 15th March :D

Hey Kingo,

Cheers,

nedpears.

PM me your email address and I will send a pdf to you

Cheers Kingo - i just sent you a PM

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links