Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Brother.... Oh Dear!

Phoenix999

Well I guess that everyone knows that the celebrity version of this trash 'Sun newspaper' type of television is back on air :angry:

I know that we can go on at great length debating the poor, at best, points of this rubbish but how about trying to find the 'good' points of it.... I mean the normal and celebrity version of the show :unsure:

Well, I have given it a little thought and all that I can come up with is that now and again we get to see a decent female body :P

I know that I have dragged this down to a basic level but I cannot find any merits of this show above 'basic' :rolleyes:

What do you all think :huh:

Utter :censor:

Watched by people that have little else to do in their lives than watch other people couped up in a house.

Get out and live!!!!

Rant over :P :lol:

Watched by people that have little else to do in their lives than watch other people couped up in a house.

Get out and live!!!!

Ditto !

( just like the Royle Family - another waste of airtime ! )

They are just making a living!!!! celebrities like latoya jackson and coolio have no proffession apart from being celebrities, hence the title celebrity big brother!

Give them a break!!

after ive finished work and spent a day serving customers and dealing with stupid materalistc problems i love nothing better than sitting in front of programmes like these and letting my brain rot, ive worked f+++ing hard all day and i just want to watch crap!!

Despite knowing how dire these programmes are, you still click on the channel to confirm what absolute drivel they are :rolleyes: It's just the same as party political broadcasts, you know what they consist of and never watch them (yes I know there may be one person out there who does :P ) I have never watched CBB or BB even out of curiosity and never will.

I think you are all avid viewers really but don't want to admit it :lol:

They are just making a living!!!! celebrities like latoya jackson and coolio have no proffession apart from being celebrities, hence the title celebrity big brother!

Give them a break!!

after ive finished work and spent a day serving customers and dealing with stupid materalistc problems i love nothing better than sitting in front of programmes like these and letting my brain rot, ive worked f+++ing hard all day and i just want to watch crap!!

I agree Milly, there nothing i need more after a long studying session than to just watch something that requires no brain power at all! It gives my brain a break, i dont watch celeb big brother but i did watch the normal one, ive loads of better things to do with my life but the one hour per week that i watch tv i like to watch total and utter *****e! I love trash tv it makes the world go round and gives everyone else something else to moan about :D :P

Give them a break!!

I agree Milly, there nothing i need more after a long studying session than to just watch something that requires no brain power at all! It gives my brain a break, i dont watch celeb big brother but i did watch the normal one, ive loads of better things to do with my life but the one hour per week that i watch tv i like to watch total and utter *****e! I love trash tv it makes the world go round and gives everyone else something else to moan about :D :P

You would LOVE party political broadcasts then girls :thumbsup:

I watched the 1st couple & enjoyed them as it was a fresh new idea & while I've never sat there of a night watching the live broadcasts of people asleep ("Look, he just moved his arm!") or voted, I used to watch the highlights on a regular basis. Now I feel the whole reality thing has been done to death & feel bored just thinking about any of the shows. I look forward to when another new thing comes along & pushes it out of the limelight but for now they're here to stay because while people still watch & spend a fortune on phone votes, they wont replace them with anything else

I don't mind them being on because I know what's going to happen so can just put another channel on but it annoys me when good things are sacrificed to find airtime for them (they've binned double Scrubs off E4 for CBB & a another very average show)

I got sucked in to watching Big Brother last year, because my Daughter loved it. I became an addict :crybaby:

I totally refuse to let it happen with Celebrity Big Brother :angry: I watched one episode last night because she had come to visit. No more, especially since we are getting less Scrubs.

In defence of my daughter, she has a good & responsible job Insurance Co. H.O. but is 1 of 580 whose Department will be transported to India. So, she is doing her day's work & studying @ night to try to get qualifications for something else. She is entitled to watch crap to unwind, however much I dislike it :thumbsup:

I would rather watch paint dry than watch big brother.... or eat my own face or something :crazy:

I can't get my head round the fact that so many people watch it, they need to get a Liiiiiiiiiiiife

Back to the original post though - can we find any positives about Big Brother............I think I've found one.

It keeps a dozen clueless halfwits out of circulation till they get voted back into society !

Verne Verne Verne.. we love Verne!! LOL

Back to the original post though - can we find any positives about Big Brother............I think I've found one.

It keeps a dozen clueless halfwits out of circulation till they get voted back into society !

That is the sort of reply I was looking for.... a REAL positive :thumbsup:

Despite knowing how dire these programmes are, you still click on the channel to confirm what absolute drivel they are :rolleyes: It's just the same as party political broadcasts, you know what they consist of and never watch them (yes I know there may be one person out there who does :P ) I have never watched CBB or BB even out of curiosity and never will.

I think you are all avid viewers really but don't want to admit it :lol:

Agreed!

Definately NOT an avid viewer and proud of it - cant stand it at all.

I'll admit to watching it.... I watched the 1st night when they went in, only to see if any actual genuine "celebrities" went in - I mean the biggest celeb they could get was Ulrika-ka-ka-ka and that just sums it all up really....

Haven't watched it since - there's more interesting things to do with ones time... like watch paint dry!

I mean I suppose you could say the same about Strictly - its not really got "celebrities" in it, but at least its interesting to watch them learn to dance (or not dance as in Gary Rhodes' case!) - watching people sit around and do nothing much isn't interesting.

Clever of them to air Dead Set at the same time though - that was definitely the most interesting Big Brother based programme I'd ever seen - because they all died a gory death! :lol: :lol:

I liked Dead set, but I would never watch Big Brother. Watching things that allow your brain to turn off is one thing, watching something that actually makes your grey matter digest itself is another. I can feel it sucking the intelligence out of me!

I love Zombie films, and enjoyed seeing that Davina bint killed.

"I don't like it" :lol:

I'll admit to watching it.... I watched the 1st night when they went in, only to see if any actual genuine "celebrities" went in - I mean the biggest celeb they could get was Ulrika-ka-ka-ka and that just sums it all up really....

I havent watched BB since the first one... and even that was only watched on occasion cause it was something new... all old hat now...

But like Em I wanted to see whether they had managed to get any genuine celebrities.... but I have to disagree with you there Em... Ulrika isnt the biggest celeb there...

I mean Coolio is pretty big... and Verne is class... Lucy Pinder is a well known model... and Latoya Jackson (weirdo but well known)...

Hell even Mutya - ex Sugababe is actually pretty big...

I think this year they actually did quite well... sure they have a few 'has beens' but a fair few are recent/present celebs...

I still dont watch it tho... too much else to do in the evenings

I loved the year that John Mccririck went mad about milk and cigars and walked around in what looked like a giant nappy. Other entertaining moments were jack Dee going over the wall and Vanessa Feltz & Les Dennis going slightly mad. Also Chantelle and Preston getting together was a funny series.

Its has its moments, however i haven't chosen to watch any of this series probably because i would get into it for a bit of escapism.

Get out and live!!!!

Rant over :P :lol:

I have plenty of other things to do in my life thanks

people watching can be very enjoyable , observing peoples behaviour either in real life, online or on tv can give big insights into them.

its almost impossible to work out how full someones life is by the fact they watch one program

• 2 years later...