Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil

Green Goddess

The last time I did an oil change I was told to use a fully synthetic oil. This time the computer says 'semi synthetic' Is there a 'better' one. Whilst talking of oil, many people seem to have the dreaded high oil loss syndrome. I think perhaps I'm one of these people too. Just how much oil useage is too high? The engine only holds 3ltrs so is a frequent top up a worry? I've got no sign of smoke or leakage and the car runs well. I've not been checking the mileage between top ups but my gut reaction is that they are a bit too frequent.

I wouldn't be happy using that much either. I'm like Les, I don't touch the oil from one service (yearly and I do roughly 5-6k) to the next.

I was also told that semi-synth is what they use at Mr T.

I wouldn't be happy using that much either. I'm like Les, I don't touch the oil from one service (yearly and I do roughly 5-6k) to the next.

I was also told that semi-synth is what they use at Mr T.

We might not touch the oil but do check it on a regular basis (at least twice a week for me ;) ) :thumbsup:

5W 30 semi synthetic is perfectly acceptable and will be a lot cheaper than fully synthetic. Buy a quality branded name

Kingo :thumbsup:

We might not touch the oil but do check it on a regular basis (at least twice a week for me ;) ) :thumbsup:

of cause, once I find a level surface to park on and leave it for a while!

5W 30 semi synthetic is perfectly acceptable and will be a lot cheaper than fully synthetic. Buy a quality branded name

I was told 10w 40, I bought a tub of Castrol GTX but I don't think I've opened it.

I was told 10w 40, I bought a tub of Castrol GTX but I don't think I've opened it.

I got a litre of oil from Mr T before going to Corfu in April last year and it's still unopened (I'll take it again this year when we go to Lefkada with another Roadster convoy ;) )

of cause, once I find a level surface to park on and leave it for a while!

hi all.

i just change the oil from 5w-35 to 5w 50 Mobil 1 full synthetic the engine is runing smooth and very fine i fell the diffrince no engine noise its good next time will be the motul is alos great stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links