Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Engine Noise Is On You Tube!

rambler

Hi Rambler.

I was just wondering, how did your car fare over it's first winter (and a severe one at that) with the new fuel filter cap?

Has the strange noise gone altogether?

I'm just waiting for Kingo to get back to me, and then hubby and his brother are going to have a go at replacing ours...although, they don't know that yet ;)

Linda

Related topic http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=106014

hi windinherhair, can you pm me the part number of the new fuel filtercap when you get it off kingo please if it aint to pricey think i might fit it myself , with the help of anchormans great instuctions. and one more thing to anyone that knows ( that you anchorman :lol: ), does this noise do any harm, if it does not , might even live with it for the time been just turn the cd player up and the noise is gone :D

Kingo's update below.

Thanks John!

The part has been superceeded again which makes me beleive that the part has been upgraded again. Part numbers are:

Fuel Cap 23380-27122

Fuel Filter 23390-33060

PM me for up to date prices ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

Superb service from Anchorman many thanks for all your trouble Bigrubsie, p.s. booked the Rav in to the garage and hope they will replace via warranty as the previous part was fitted in January. [fingers crossed]

Superb service from Anchorman many thanks for all your trouble Bigrubsie, p.s. booked the Rav in to the garage and hope they will replace via warranty as the previous part was fitted in January. [fingers crossed]

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Well..just back from the garage and feeling quite pleased with myself - lol !

I must admit I do lack a bit in confidence when doing stuff to my cars and bikes and usually end up breaking more than I'm trying to fix.

But the instructiions/pics for changing the filter were great and it was all completed with minimum fuss in just over an hour and fired up at second attempt !

Thanks again Anchorman !

Mine does exactly the same noise , and i know i am not the only one with 2.0 d4d engine and the same howling noise problem , But i have learned one thing when i owned mine bmw 330i if its not broken dont try fixing it ( and that is just a noise nothing wrong with the car ) or you will end up spending (wasting) money and more damage to your car ( there are some realy useless mechanics working for BMW :eek: )

Btw some people believe it is coursed by fuel filter or fuel filter cap :wacko: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links