Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Injection

Bibbs

not that anyone is bothered ..

Also chatted to the guy who makes them last night .. anybody after one? He's making a new batch ..

Is this the PP one Bibbs?

I have the mappable one from ERL....damn good bit of kit...works a treat!

NickM

BTW Ben...i have left IMOC too now...becoming far too Ghey! <_<

Yeah .. Paul Port's ..

I think it's a dual pump 300cc /per min system ..

are you using just water or water/methanol?

methanol does make a big difference and also boosts the octane of your fuel too.

get mine from 76 racing about £57 for 25 liters (lasts ages as you only mix it up to 50%)

dont be tempted to use washer fluid as the other bits in it dont do the pumps much good.

also BIG point, dont use too much water as it causes very rapid bore wear (the water scratches the bores)

are you using just water or water/methanol?

methanol does make a big difference and also boosts the octane of your fuel too.

get mine from 76 racing about £57 for 25 liters (lasts ages as you only mix it up to 50%)

dont be tempted to use washer fluid as the other bits in it dont do the pumps much good.

also BIG point, dont use too much water as it causes very rapid bore wear (the water scratches the bores)

I am indeed it have 10l of the stuff at home....which i paid £13

It hi proof Methanol from Modle technics....way cheaper than that 76 racing.....just the same too.

Yes it will boost the octain level but only if you use it in large quantities.....

I use it as a sort of Anit-freeze...so 50/50 is the strongest concentration that should be used. With that much/more methanol in the mix, it starts acting like a fuel, so with the mapable installs of the ERL kit, the mapping of the ERL is different than if it was just water.

Yes, you can use that, and the good thing is, the screen wash will stop it from freezing too, which is handy in this weather! :-S

Make sure it has Methanol not Ethanol ERL specifically say don't use anything with ethanol in it. The 2 have different properties, and ethanol will eat rubber items.

NickM

I actually think I'll not be able to get any extras .. at Matt @ Rogue systems will be selling them.

Will let you know ..

(and these are mappable too)

whilst on this subject - i digress slightly but,....

does anyone know if the celica gt4 chargecooler just bolts on in place of the 2's standard intercooler? or is there a bit of trickery involved as well :unsure:

seen a few on eBay and i fancy the 10bhp increase from the better intercooler. :thumbsup:

whilst on this subject - i digress slightly but,....

does anyone know if the celica gt4 chargecooler just bolts on in place of the 2's standard intercooler? or is there a bit of trickery involved as well :unsure:

seen a few on ebay and i fancy the 10bhp increase from the better intercooler. :thumbsup:

I know very little about the MR2's being from the GT-Four scene, but I would imagine this would be very difficult.

It doesn't look like you have an aweful lot of spare space in the MR2.

The chargecooler setup consists of the following.

The chargecooler itself - bit that sits ontop of the gt-four engine CS and 205.

Chargecooler radiator which is big and located on the front of the car.

Pump to flow the water around the system.

Pipes and associated plumbing.

Where that lot would go I have no idea??

I wonder what other routes are available - larger IC in the stock position? Water Injection would help you out too.

Now that is a really clever place to put the IC!!

I mean heat rises....and that is on the top of the &#33;Removed&#33; engine!

Must be a 10 BHP loss there!

FWIW top mount isn't the greatest BUT if you think of the ST205 GT-4, GT-Z Levins + Trueno's, WRX's, Caldinas, you'll notice there all top mount from the factory......in those cars fmic's are a good upgrade BUT in the MR2 a top mount like that using aquamist + feeding from the side intake and being pulled out the top by a fan it's more efficient than even a bigger aftermarket intercooler in the stock location :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

does anyone know if the celica gt4 chargecooler just bolts on in place of the 2's standard intercooler? or is there a bit of trickery involved as well 

seen a few on ebay and i fancy the 10bhp increase from the better intercooler. 

you can and it's quite easy if you get all the pumps/rads etc .. they are the expensive bits ..

problem is you need to bin the AC .. not sure if I could do that on my commute car ..

FWIW top mount isn't the greatest BUT if you think of the ST205 GT-4, GT-Z Levins + Trueno's, WRX's, Caldinas, you'll notice there all top mount from the factory......in those cars fmic's are a good upgrade BUT in the MR2 a top mount like that using aquamist + feeding from the side intake and being pulled out the top by a fan it's more efficient than even a bigger aftermarket intercooler in the stock location :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Talking about topmount intercoolers - IMO its only a big problem where you have a topmount air/air intercooler like the ST185 does.

The ST205 has a topmount water/air (chargecooler) intercooler, the coolant is constantly circulated back to the intercooler radiator mounted on the front of the car.

I wouldn't consider a FMIC to be a 'good' performance upgrade Andy Ashby of Fensport has a ST205 running 430 bhp with standard chargecooler setup. :)