Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will A 06 Gear Box Fit On An 02 Corolla?

Rez89

hi there, my gear box has recently gone at only 54k miles.

i have found a second hand gear box from a 2006 1.4vvti which has only 4400miles on the car. (i need to let them know by monday morning wheather i want that one or a 2002 one with 37kmiles, which i really dont want to get)

i jus want to know if the gear box will fit MY 2002 1.4VVTI??? because there is a 4 year gap between my car and the 06 so the fitting or gear box might of changed?? thanks :)

I don't think the engines / gearboxes changed much over the years, only the body styles? Best bet would have been to PM parts-King and ask. I'm sure he'd have known!

Probably..... the E12 was introduced on the 02 plate so i can't thinh much will have changed between then and 06, other than the facelift but that was cosmetic changes mainly.

Best bet is call Parts King Monday morning, he'd be the best chap to tell you if nobody on here knows for sure.

:thumbsup:

errrrrrrrrrrrr WHY oh WHY are you basing you decision on age of the second hand gearbox above mileage?

i really want the 06 one, but i just want to make sure 100% that it will fit!

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A PHONE NUMBER FOR PARTS KING? I HAVE ALREADY SENT HIM A PM. Thanks

errrrrrrrrrrrr WHY oh WHY are you basing you decision on age of the second hand gearbox above mileage?

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A PHONE NUMBER FOR PARTS KING? I HAVE ALREADY SENT HIM A PM. Thanks

hmm i think it may be ok hard to say 100% for sure tho. whats up with your old box? are you gonna fit the new box yourself?

hmm i think it may be ok hard to say 100% for sure tho. whats up with your old box? are you gonna fit the new box yourself?

my old gear box has just gone mate at only 54k miles! it has siezed! :(

also i cant fit it myself too much of a big job for me.

its gna cost me £200-50 to get it fitted.

Thanks 4 help an advice so far guys :)

yo carl i have just seen that u live in merseyside? do u have a black startlet with red alloys?? near greasby area?

yo carl i have just seen that u live in merseyside? do u have a black startlet with red alloys?? near greasby area?

i dont have a starlet, i have a corolla, a yaris and a mini with a starlet engine in.

ive sent you a massage!

Got my clutch and gear box fitted yesterday and my car feels like new!!! the 06 gear box did fit jus needed minor modification (brackets).

i am selling my old clutch off nw and the gear box (someone will recon it) lol

thanks 4 advice lads. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links