Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 6 Rear Lights

Coppertop

My 1996 import has a small light fitted under the rear bumber to suit UK requirements & The reversing light is candle power through the tinted rear screen

Questions:

Where are the fog light situatd as factory fit on UK Spec cars ?

Has anyone converted the import light cluster to incorporate the fog light ?

I know the rear window tint dont help reverse light but any suggestions as to retro fit lights to improve ?

Just thinking of adaptaions i may do and dont want to re invent the wheel

Cheers

Mine has the rear fog in the right handside reverse light, the bulb is just painted red!!

2712396670103389187S500x500Q85.jpg

I never did the conversion though as it was already done when I got the car but apparently its not too difficult to do. An import gen6 Celica has four tail lights, whereas a UK version has two, the other two are used as fogs. However you only need one rear fog light and it must be on the righthand side.

Why is your reverse light in the back window??? :huh::huh: Got any pics of this???

Mine has the rear fog in the right handside reverse light, the bulb is just painted red!!

I never did the conversion though as it was already done when I got the car but apparently its not too difficult to do. An import gen6 Celica has four tail lights, whereas a UK version has two, the other two are used as fogs. However you only need one rear fog light and it must be on the righthand side.

Why is your reverse light in the back window??? :huh::huh: Got any pics of this???

"Hehehehe its my grammar - Sorry"

The reverse lights are in the rear clusters ,but the rear screen is tinted very dark

it looks great in the day time, but you just cant see clear enough to reverse with tint and present little lights could do with been brighter - maybe bigger bulbs..

Thats great with fog light so in theory I could convert the drivers side brake lights to fog - isolate the inside passengers and remove small fog light under bumper.

Thanks for info i will play later and post before & after pics for anyone else wanting to do same.

This will then allow me to place additional reverse lights under bumper if i want to increase my revese light output so I can see again going backwards.

Youve got an Eat My Carbon sticket aswel i see....where did everyone get those from! Ive got one that came on the car lol (Sorry to derail your thread :lol: )

I made them at work, my job is making signs and putting graphics on cars & vans etc.

Had a bit of spare time so made a few up, still got some actually!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links