Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Was The Last Thing You Bought Thread

GIDDLEPIN

3 tickets to watch " the Chels " play Ipswich in the cup on saturday.... Self inflicted torture, but i can't help me,self , ( Have a moan, have a drink, meet me mates and start to think, will there ever be a blue tomorrow ) Altogether now, Chelsea Chelsea...... :lol:

PS. Thismorning, £4, Anti white Spot Treatment, to treat my Aquarium :( , Bloody new fish i bought have brought disease to my tank ) seven fish dead and counting :censor:

Poor, poor, fishes :(

Get your money back for the diseased fish you bought?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarra

• GIDDLEPIN

• Boro Sera

• Wild west Drifter

98244685ss8.jpg

Which will come in handy at old trafford tomorrow night, when I am freezing my a*** off watching derby lose heavily :lol:

I bought this today :D ...

NikonD60.jpg

Which I am very very happy about, not that I have figured out how to get the pics off of it and onto to PC yet :lol:

:o B) Im jealous :P ive got the pesant version - the D40, its still a great camera and wasnt exactly cheap but im still jealous lol :D

Youll have great fun with it B)

p.s didnt you get any software with it - i got picture project with mine and it just takes them straight off - although im still looking for a way to open the RAW files in windows photo browser because its annoying having to open each picture to view it :(

x

Poor, poor, fishes

Get your money back for the diseased fish you bought?

Hi Calisto,

:offtopic:

I wish it were that simple, basically its very difficullt to prove that the disease came from the pet store. The shop keeper will always say that if any of their fish are sick, they wll not go on sale untill such time that they have been treated, cured and a period of quarantine, they then shift the blame straight back to you , and ask, whats your water ph ?, have you tested your amonia & nitrate levels, how often do you perform water changes, did you feed your fish any live food, E.C.T E.C.T,

I am normally very carefull when selecting new fish, and study them carefully checking for any signes of disease, the thing with white spot is, it does not become visible untill the parasite that is feeding on the fish becomes engorged and then turns white, drops off, and each one then multiplys by the thousands, swims around in surch of a host, latches on and restarts the cycle, fish then quickly succumb and die, by the time you notice the salt sized granuals on the fish its too late to save all of your stock , i suppose i only have myself to blame, for not having a quarantine tank, in order to keep new fish and monitor them for disease over a period of three weeks, before introducing them to the main tank.

Patience is the key to fishkeeping, i failed to follow the golden rules, and paid the price.

Whitespot is a water bourn parasite that is present in all aquariums (unless its been specificly treated and nothing has been introdiced).

Normal healthy fish ar eimmune it, and only get infected when they are stressed and shed part of their mucus layer.

Something else is stressing the fish, most likely water quality!

The white "grains" that you see are actually fungus infected wounds, as opposed to the parasite being dead!

How many new fish did you get?

One these "Bull sh^t" buttons for my desk at work. Very handy when one of my colleagues starts talking the stuff.

Plays five different bull warnings :lol:

P1010011.jpg

*sirens rings and then... BS Alert!!! BS Alert!!! haha.. quality items.. mate has one on his.

Just got myself a Wacom Intuos 3 (A5) graphics Tablet

PTZ-630G.jpg

Next purchase will be a Gilmoour Foamaster II Pro Foam Gun and some Snow Foam

GilmourGun1.jpg

Whitespot is a water bourn parasite that is present in all aquariums (unless its been specificly treated and nothing has been introdiced).

Normal healthy fish ar eimmune it, and only get infected when they are stressed and shed part of their mucus layer.

Something else is stressing the fish, most likely water quality!

The white "grains" that you see are actually fungus infected wounds, as opposed to the parasite being dead!

How many new fish did you get?

Hi

I added 6 harlequin rasboras, 4 cardinal tetras, 1 siamese fighter, in order to accomadate these i removed 6 odessa barbs and gave them to a freind to keep in his tank, they were quite mature and a bit fin nippy, so i had to remove them in order to protect the siamese fighter. All of my fish were healthy and well before i added the new fish, the first i knew anything was wrong, was when after two weeks of the new arrivals, my ancistrus died suddenly, there were no signes of stress or disease, i had the ancistrus for 5 years , next to die was my chocolate plec , then the white spot appeared on the rasboras and cardinals, 4 of the cardinals have died along with 1 rasbora.

I have tested the water for ammonia and nitrite, both were normal , the water ph is 7.8.

I strongly suspect the white spot came in on the cardinals.

Your description of the white " grains " does not tie in with what i have read, unless i have misunderstood something, its as i have described, The parasite drops off the fish at the white spot stage ,then forms cysts on the aquarium floor, after a short period the cyst releases potentially thousands more parasites, which swim out in search of a host .

as said my water quality is fine, although a little on the hard side, but then its always been like that, without any fish loss, the disease had to have came in on the new fish.

The last thing i bought was shopping in Tesco's last night. Well, i say shopping, it was more like junk and chocolate!!

xx

2 Sets of King size Duvet Covers + Pillows.

My Son took his G/F to Venice for a few days & popped the question. He was accepted :thumbsup::in_love::yahoo:

Hence the above. as an engagement present for their bottom drawer :D

Romantic little (not so) Bugger :lol:

Carrots, cabbage & parsnips for dinner today & fresh eggs & thick-cut bacon for breakfast this morning.... all from a lovely little farm shop just outside Kenilworth.

It's making me seriously think of shopping locally for fresh fruit & veg as it tastes so much nicer than stuff from supermarkets - all fresh farm produce! :D

I cooked poached eggs & bacon for Tony this morning.... mega browny points :lol:

It's making me seriously think of shopping locally for fresh fruit & veg as it tastes so much nicer than stuff from supermarkets - all fresh farm produce! :D

I took this approach last year - never looked back. the food is fresher, tastier ( loads less additives etc ) and it's helping the local economy !

2 haggis - both eaten now.

RIP ? :lol: Yes, I know that is in VERY bad taste (so is haggis !) but couldn't resist :lol2: :naughty::laughing:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links