• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JappyBeast

• Norfolk n Chance

• Calisto

• Red Yaris 54

I remember hatching plans with my Dad to stick him in the boot of the Celica at one meet we all went too.

:P

For your information i did not pay into TOTB work paid for it,

and cars really move there though ;)

and as you couldn't be bothered to read my post correctly i can only make it for one day ;)

so £50 for one day seems crap value to me :angry:

Did read your post correctly actually - and it's still better value than the highly overrated TOTB. If you had to pay to get in then you'd appreciate that !

I can't even be bothered to address the 'giddy thrill' of seeing a car driving away from me :wacko:

If you can only make it for one day then that's unlucky as the entry price is for the full weekend. If they did day passes then that would possibly make it a more attractive proposition for you, but as far as I know they don't - so it's 'crap value for money' only due to your personal circumstances .

So you did not see any of the handling track at TOTB then, you must have had your eyes shut :blink:

i happen to like watching cars do what they are built for, that's why i also go to race tracks to watch them

the Nippon challenge for example is £10 to get in and is much better than any static car show in a field!

And yes you are right i guess due to my personal circumstances i can only go Sunday some people have to work 6 days a week ;)

so go and enjoy your field watch your cars parked while people get drunk and throw up all around great value for money

be the best £25 you spend :yes:

I really can not be bothered to argue with people like you anymore,

so i will say no more.

Sorry jappy for thread hi-jacking :rolleyes:

Thats well exspensive to be honest digusting prices , especially as all the other things there are so exspensive plus travling up there damn this one going to cost quite a bit :(

Ill come if the finances are good but 50 quid for 2 people is way to much i thought 30 was bad

It's well worth it!!!!

And a good central location :thumbsup:

With all the time on my hands just lately I have been constantly watching the JAE site for information, now on the rare occasion work comes my way and I have been busy, confirmation is posted and I miss it, :wacko: apparently Fuggles sent emails out to clubs informing them but I can't be among the privileged :rolleyes: I only hope he sends me the early booking details!!!

Now that we have a venue and date I will try to sort something out for this years plss up event. :thumbsup:

Les

Who deleted my post???

I was making fun of the mini arguement between Kimi & Rich... why was the post removed?

Do people not have a sense of humour???

If a sense of humour is censored then i'm not sure i'll want to come to JAE.....

Who deleted my post???

I was making fun of the mini arguement between Kimi & Rich... why was the post removed?

If a sense of humour is censored then i'm not sure i'll want to come to JAE.....

Never saw the post Gaz so I can't delete it ;)

Stop being a girly and stamping your feet :P

You know you will go to JAE :thumbsup:

Who deleted my post???

Never saw the post Gaz so I can't delete it ;)

Stop being a girly and stamping your feet :P

You know you will go to JAE :thumbsup:

I'm not sure now... scared if i make a joke i will be removed!! :shutit:

:P

I might go since i didnt last yr & love to meet some u lot esp CTS owners too lol however £25 per person is expensive even £20 is imo is for what it is, dont get me wrong JAE was a good car show once upon a time best in UK & poss europe? but recent yrs it gone dwn abit, i last went in 07 was very disappointed misleading & told per car not per person so me & 3 others had to pay £20 each maybe £15 cant remember, wasnt worth driving back since we were there, yet were told it was a certain price per car not per person few days before going! as for food places & trade stands say no more!!! :rolleyes: at the time i did email the organisation LOTS of times after we went but no response, i understand i couldnt get some our money back(nor was i expecting it) but no apology or explaination at the time?what sort service is that? come on! so too early to say as yet if i can make it

I have never had any issues with JAE and I have been to 4 of them!!

£20 for a 3 day weekend is bang on for what it is, if you camp at a 'normal' camp site you will pay this or even more and dont forget all the lush cars, entertainment and banter.

I'll be there!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :yahoo:

Hopefully the coroalla will make it this year too!! if not, it'll be the starlet again! lol

xx

Doesn't look like I will be able to make it... those dates coincide with other plans....

Cancel them.... :P :lol:

I'm not cancelling my own wedding.... :lol:

(Joke! Before anyone has a coronary! lol)

lmao surely JAE would be perfect for a wedding? :P

Would much rather be on a hot sunny beach though to be honest.... but seriously, although nothing's booked yet, that weekend is a special anniversary and it's earmarked for a celebratory holiday...

There couldn't be a wronger date if they tried.... week before - great, week after - not ideal but could come for the day, that weekend - no bloody good!

Doesn't look like I will be able to make it... those dates coincide with other plans....

Cancel them.... :P :lol:

I'm not cancelling my own wedding.... :lol:

(Joke! Before anyone has a coronary! lol)

lmao surely JAE would be perfect for a wedding? :P

Would much rather be on a hot sunny beach though to be honest.... but seriously, although nothing's booked yet, that weekend is a special anniversary and it's earmarked for a celebratory holiday...

There couldn't be a wronger date if they tried.... week before - great, week after - not ideal but could come for the day, that weekend - no bloody good!

Bring him along Em........................celebrate in style :yahoo:

I'll be there but only for the Sunday as camping and me do not mix.... I do not sleep under canvas neither do I stay in caravans :blink:

I'll be there but only for the Sunday as camping and me do not mix.... I do not sleep under canvas neither do I stay in caravans :blink:

Fold your rear seats and sleep in the LC :P :lol:

:lol: The LC will have morphed into an Avensis Estate by the time JAE arrives :lol:

Should be loads of room in the back of that ;)

:lol: The LC will have morphed into an Avensis Estate by the time JAE arrives :lol:

Should be loads of room in the back of that ;)

Nice idea but that amounts to camping :wacko:

Just under 3 hours from Rochdale....I will be there if Uni allows. :o

JAE Vs Qualifications....

Surely there's no contest? :P :lol:

I missed my graduation for 2007! lol was worth it

I don't see why people are moaning. £20 or even £25 is good for a weekend, i might even come down! lol

TBH i think the moaning and that is an axcuse, surely if you like your cars and appreciate the work people do on them you don't mind they aren't moving. Am sorry but to me that seems better, looking at them up close and able to chat to the guys and that than them racing away from you and that being it...like i said thats just me each to their own.

seriously, if you think its bad price for one day why not make the weekend of it? yeah it may not be possible but what about asking someone to cover you fridya? do a day of theirs if they do yours? i'm not saying its ideal but if you were passionate you would try. if you've tried and still not able least you can argue you tried.

don't moan about the price or location because I don't think either are particuly bad.

Love your cars? Love your club? love your mates? then ubik £20 or £25 quid, it's worth it imho

I personally think that £20-25 for the weekend isnt bad really...

However sadly the dates mean that my other half Mike woould only be able to make Sat/Sun and not the full on 4 day (usually on set up crew) fun we normally have... and that has put a bit of a dampner on the whole thing...

I'm still in two minds about the whole thing... I have been to every JAE since 2005 (and even dropped in on 2004 on the Sunday)... it would feel odd not going, but they seem to make it a little more difficult each time...

Hopefully they wont keep moving it... or in a couple of years it will be in December! :P