Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With My Gen 7 05 Plate Celica

skv

Hi Everyone,

Just joined the forum and thought I'd say hi as well as post a question.

I bought a 05 plate celica with 35000 on the clock in October last year. Today it took a bit longer to fire up 5 secs and a weird thing happened. Once I got home (15 Mile journey) I turned the engine off but when I tried to start back up it did not and sounded like the starter motor was struggling. I rang the RAC but whilst waiting for them I tried to start the engine again (I had tried about 3 times previously) and it started.

Weird thing is that the clock reset itself back to 00.00. It's now working fine but I am still mystified as to why it did not start up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just joined the forum and thought I'd say hi as well as post a question.

I bought a 05 plate celica with 35000 on the clock in October last year. Today it took a bit longer to fire up 5 secs and a weird thing happened. Once I got home (15 Mile journey) I turned the engine off but when I tried to start back up it did not and sounded like the starter motor was struggling. I rang the RAC but whilst waiting for them I tried to start the engine again (I had tried about 3 times previously) and it started.

Weird thing is that the clock reset itself back to 00.00. It's now working fine but I am still mystified as to why it did not start up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Maybe a loose / dodgy Battery terminal that works OK some of the time. If no power, clock would reset to zero (I think)

Yes mate, as above really.

If you're Battery is going to fail - it's normally going to be this time of year in the cold weather. Sometimes, after a quick surge like trying to start a car the Battery takes time to condition - then it may just have the go to start your car.

Chances are, if that's the original Battery then it may need a new one.

Yes mate, as above really.

If you're battery is going to fail - it's normally going to be this time of year in the cold weather. Sometimes, after a quick surge like trying to start a car the battery takes time to condition - then it may just have the go to start your car.

Chances are, if that's the original battery then it may need a new one.

deffinateley the Battery gone. i had the exact same problem. got Battery replaced and went back to normal

Not interested in popping one on yourself then?

I'm guessing it would cost quite a bit more from a dealer. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Halfords or similar - get a HEAVY DUTY Battery around £75 and fit yourself.

Fitting time about 10 minutes.

Sorted and cheaper than any car dealer may charge.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links