Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen5 Radio And Internal Light Problems

jefferio

For some reason my radio does not switch on at all? It never has since I bought it but only just got round to looking at it.

The relevant fuse is fine? So the radio does not switch on and there's nothing from the arial.

Also my internal light switches on from the button but doesn't come on when I open my door? The switch isn't a three way one, on off is all thats there,

I only presume it should come on when I open a door?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys

For some reason my radio does not switch on at all? It never has since I bought it but only just got round to looking at it.

The relevant fuse is fine? So the radio does not switch on and there's nothing from the arial.

Also my internal light switches on from the button but doesn't come on when I open my door? The switch isn't a three way one, on off is all thats there,

Thanks guys

get a volt tester mate and pull ya radio out and disconnect the power cable behind the radio, turn ignition on and then see if you getting any power to the radio using the volt tester, i assume you arial is one that come up when the radio is switched on like mine, so if you radio is getting no power niether will you arial, are you using orginal toyota radio? or got your own in?

No its the original and yes I believ its the electric ariel system although I've never seen it in action! The surround is cracked around the radio unit actually, obviously whoever has tried to pull it off without really thinking about it. I wonder what I'll find behind there!!!

Thanks guys

INTERIOR LIGHT

Alrighty, if you open the car door and look at the inside of the frame (next to the lock), you should see a grommet one on each side of the car - these push in (opens the circuit turning off the interior light) when the door is closed and pop out when the door is open (closing the circuit turning the light on). i found on my gen5 i had to lube them up a bit as they werent always popping out as fully as they should thus my door / back interior lights wouldnt always come on. try wiggling them about a bit. if they remain off check voltages as mentioned in previous post

hope this helps

Thanks guys

INTERIOR LIGHT

Alrighty, if you open the car door and look at the inside of the frame (next to the lock), you should see a grommet one on each side of the car - these push in (opens the circuit turning off the interior light) when the door is closed and pop out when the door is open (closing the circuit turning the light on). i found on my gen5 i had to lube them up a bit as they werent always popping out as fully as they should thus my door / back interior lights wouldnt always come on. try wiggling them about a bit. if they remain off check voltages as mentioned in previous post

hope this helps

Thats the wierd thing, the door lights come on! so the switch must be working. And obviously the interior light works because I can switch it on via the switch.

:-(

lol ive yet to see a gen 5 with a working arial! still got to investigate that one myself! the day just isnt long enough

Would you guy's stop quoting full posts in your replies, it's begining to look like a yahoo group in here LOL.

I used to have a working aerial so na na n na na LOL. In all seriousness tho, it sounds like you could have a dodgie relay on your hands, the stereo surrounds are weak and always get a crack, usually on the top left. The interior light should have three positions, if yours definately doesn't could you possibly post a picture?

The standard stereo in my old celica was dead when I got it, all it needed was a replacement, even a cheapo from helfrauds would do as I assume your not that bothered if it works or not, it's just annoying that it's not?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links