Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help - My Starter Motor Is Dying

jechto

everytime i start the car there is a really awful crunching noise when its actually started.

my dad recons its the starter motor getting stuck when its trying to disengage .. have any of u guys had the same problem.

Cheers

Jechto

Did you check that the starter is on tight? If it is on tight, you need a starter and/or a flywheel.

holy shizzy dude, I was kinda browsing the titles so I wasn't reading carefully, and I thought you said "help my mother is dying." Glad that's not the case...

Sounds as if the starter solenoid isn't retracting. If its the same as Sera (will check on my parts CD tonight) I can supply a secondhand one.

Andrew

would be great thanks ! :thumbsup: i got the 5efte engine, correct me if im wrong.

also could u give me some sort of guide as to where the started motor is - cant find the !Removed! thing :bookworm:

Forgot to check last night.

Starter motor is low down behind engine below inlet manifold. Sera is held with two bolts - one coming in from one direction, other coming from other direction. Assuming same flywheel is used, and bolting pattern same, then it will work. I've got visitors tonight, but I'll try and check after they've gone.

Andrew