Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Astrology

Bizarra

Just wondered is there something in it after all :unsure: I rarely read my Horoscope, & if I do, treat it as a joke BUT.........

In the run up to Christmas & shortly after we had a bunch of regular contributors to General having Birthdays :g: . Now that the month spanning the runup to Christmas & after is over, there is a definite lull.

In other words , we would all have been Sagittarians or nearly so. Does this cause a tendency to general chat & frivolous comments? :D Like this post ?

a couple of years ago ( on a different forum ) I scientifically proved that horoscopes were rubbish.

I managed this feat by living my life as usual for a month, then at the end of each day I retrospectively checked what my horoscope said should have happened to me.

2 or 3 days were fairly close, several were a country mile away, and the rest were just worthless.

Anyone can guess and get it right now and then. ( I proved this too with my next experiment )

Nothing to all this horoscope malarky. I reckon that the only reason there was a glut of birthdays in the Christmas period is that the father planned ahead and gave his wife a child ( rather than spending loads on jewellery, perfume etc ! )

a couple of years ago ( on a different forum ) I scientifically proved that horoscopes were rubbish.

I managed this feat by living my life as usual for a month, then at the end of each day I retrospectively checked what my horoscope said should have happened to me.

2 or 3 days were fairly close, several were a country mile away, and the rest were just worthless.

Anyone can guess and get it right now and then. ( I proved this too with my next experiment )

Nothing to all this horoscope malarky. I reckon that the only reason there was a glut of birthdays in the Christmas period is that the father planned ahead and gave his wife a child ( rather than spending loads on jewellery, perfume etc ! )

:lol::laughing: :lol2:

I predict that a person who's name begins with a letter of the alphabet and who lives in a house with a door, will win an amount of money on the national lottery :yes:

See, even I can predict things with some certainty :thumbsup::lol:

Missing the point (if there is one :lol: ) slightly :rolleyes:

I made the point that I consider Horoscopes to be rubbish, but that there were a heap of regular General contributors with Birthdays concentrated within Sagittarius :D

Only Devil-ish got it :thumbsup:

Just wondered is there something in it after all :unsure: I rarely read my Horoscope, & if I do, treat it as a joke BUT.........

In the run up to Christmas & shortly after we had a bunch of regular contributors to General having Birthdays :g: . Now that the month spanning the runup to Christmas & after is over, there is a definite lull.

In other words , we would all have been Sagittarians or nearly so. Does this cause a tendency to general chat & frivolous comments? :D Like this post ?

I find it most hurtful that just cos I was born on 30 November that people see my posts as frivolouys - I try my very best to post frivolious comments daily, irrespective of the month or astrolgical month period, and, as my post on blind diesel drivers shows, there are several non-Sagittarians who cannot discriminate between a high-brow sensible discussion and a rip-off.

Now, where was I?.........

It's a load of utter crap. The idea is someone can look at the stars & planets & then tell you what is going to happen in your life based on the approximate date of the of year you were born? How can anybody hear that & think "Wow, that's really impressive, I'm going to follow that & see what's in store for me"?

Some people read it just out of curiosity to see how right/wrong they are, which is fair enough, but there are people out there who let this vague nonsense control their lives & make decisions in their life based on it. The idea that your personality is dictated by what star sign you are & who you will/will not get on with based on theirs is equally **** stupid too

It's a load of utter crap. The idea is someone can look at the stars & planets & then tell you what is going to happen in your life based on the approximate date of the of year you were born? How can anybody hear that & think "Wow, that's really impressive, I'm going to follow that & see what's in store for me"?

Some people read it just out of curiosity to see how right/wrong they are, which is fair enough, but there are people out there who let this vague nonsense control their lives & make decisions in their life based on it. The idea that your personality is dictated by what star sign you are & who you will/will not get on with based on theirs is equally **** stupid too

Just cos you're not Sagittarius doesn't have to lead to you getting all upset........ does it?

"Gemini takes an interest in anything initially but gets easily bored. A seeker after information, passing it on to others whether or not it's worth the trouble." (Found from an astrology website after googling.) :lol:

I find it most hurtful that just cos I was born on 30 November that people see my posts as frivolouys - I try my very best to post frivolious comments daily, irrespective of the month or astrolgical month period, and, as my post on blind diesel drivers shows, there are several non-Sagittarians who cannot discriminate between a high-brow sensible discussion and a rip-off.

Now, where was I?.........

gazing at a row of fuel pumps in bewilderment ? :lol: (Only taking the P..s :D )

I don't think the general sun sign horoscopes in the newspapers are accurate. How can they be using only 12 signs to cover the 365 (sometimes 366) days to be born on in the year.

However if you don't believe the planets and their position in the sky do not have an effect on your life then consider...

It is the gravitational effect of the Moon orbiting the Earth that causes the tide to come in and out

The Earth's relative position to the Sun changes the seasons and also how many hours of daylight there are in every 24 hour period.

It would only take one (large) meteor strike on the Earth to totally change the climate and sustainable life of the planet.

So whilst there is some general mumbo jumbo out there you also have the fact that everything in our Solar System and beyond does have an effect on our lives.

"Gemini takes an interest in anything initially but gets easily bored. A seeker after information, passing it on to others whether or not it's worth the trouble." (Found from an astrology website after googling.) :lol:

That, along with the info for every other sign, hints at my personalilty a little bit. They're cleverly written so that if someone reads theirs they notice the bits that match their personality & think it's amazing when in fact each 1 is just vague enough to cover parts of every person's personality.

I don't think the general sun sign horoscopes in the newspapers are accurate. How can they be using only 12 signs to cover the 365 (sometimes 366) days to be born on in the year.

However if you don't believe the planets and their position in the sky do not have an effect on your life then consider...

It is the gravitational effect of the Moon orbiting the Earth that causes the tide to come in and out

The Earth's relative position to the Sun changes the seasons and also how many hours of daylight there are in every 24 hour period.

It would only take one (large) meteor strike on the Earth to totally change the climate and sustainable life of the planet.

So whilst there is some general mumbo jumbo out there you also have the fact that everything in our Solar System and beyond does have an effect on our lives.

I agree. I've got a mate who I've known for nearly all of my life & have always got on great with him. He was born on a similar date to when I was but his star sign is different & yet if you believe in horoscopes, they say I'm different to him but similar to someone else who was born in the 1920s who has lived a completely different life to me. I don't understand how people can read that & believe it.

The planets have a huge impact on life, there's no doubting it & depending what theory you believe, some (myself included) would say they're the sole reason we're here in the 1st place. Changes to things in our solar system could end our existence & there's nothing we could do about most of them so I'm not saying the planets have no affect on our lives. What I am saying is I don't think anyone can look at the planets & then predict the future of every person based solely on what date in the calendar year they were born & I think anyone who believes it is living in fantasyland.

I don't believe in Horoscopes !!!!!!!!!

However, the night before last, I glanced @ mine while the ads were on the Tele. It told me, roughly, to be extra careful with cars ! Good advice to everyone , any day :D I will admit to taking extra care, just in case....................................

Nothing happened :D

On one other occasion , Iwas told that I & a friend @ work would come into money :unsure: We won 300punts (pre euro) in the lottery :thumbsup:

I still don't read them or believe :rolleyes:

However, the night before last, I glanced @ mine while the ads were on the Tele. It told me, roughly, to be extra careful with cars ! Good advice to everyone , any day :D I will admit to taking extra care, just in case....................................

On one other occasion , Iwas told that I & a friend @ work would come into money :unsure: We won 300punts (pre euro) in the lottery :thumbsup:

Does that not contradict owning a Corolla ?? :P :P

OK.....get's ready for a huge flaming.

A few years ago I used to regularly read my stars, and to a certain extent some of what was said was right/correct/true for my particular star sign.....I am Cancer...ruled by the moon and tides, for me my stars work, I don't force my belief of astrology on others.

These days I will roughly glance at my stars and I only read my stars written by Jonathan Cainer......I have found in the past that when he tells of compatibility of partners between star signs..... have been spot on! :P

If my stars tell me not to sign anything important on a particular date then I will wait.

I am the person that believes in real Psychics. I have only been to one, but what she said about my history, family, deaths, births so far has been spot on, we never met before that day, but she blew me away with what she said.

Don't know why you're expecting a flaming Ash, you're as entitled to your opinion as anyone else is whether everyone else thinks the same or nobody shares it. I've made my opinion quite clear but someone thinking something different doesn't bother me in the least. Just out of curiosity though, if you were single & started speaking to a lad who seemed to be really nice & that but then found out your star signs aren't compatible, would it affect how you viewed him/the relationship?

Kev...been there and done that with a previous BF. Star sign book said we were doomed, uber non-compatible......we were and we did. At the time of the relationship I tried and he tried....tbh we both could have tried harder in different ways.

The book said it was a non-starter, but I went with my heart and not my head, if I was in the same position again I wouldn't put myself through it.....that said I now have a best mate a girl could ever wish for.

Now with Jinxed....Pisces and Cancer, we are very compatible.

Now if I was to go out with another Cancer....that would be the perfect match, been there and done that one too...very boring it was like we knew what the other was thinking all the time.

But I like a little zing in my relationships, keeps things from becoming stale, I am very unpredictable in my emotions, I like to keep Jinxed on his toes, he says I am hard work, I have no idea what he means :P

Does that not contradict owning a Corolla ?? :P :P

:driving: :lol2:

Kev...been there and done that with a previous BF. Star sign book said we were doomed, uber non-compatible......we were and we did. At the time of the relationship I tried and he tried....tbh we both could have tried harder in different ways.

The book said it was a non-starter, but I went with my heart and not my head, if I was in the same position again I wouldn't put myself through it.....that said I now have a best mate a girl could ever wish for.

Now if I was to go out with another Cancer....that would be the perfect match, been there and done that one too...very boring it was like we knew what the other was thinking all the time.

But I like a little zing in my relationships, keeps things from becoming stale, I am very unpredictable in my emotions, I like to keep Jinxed on his toes, he says I am hard work, I have no idea what he means :P

Try a Capricorn then you will know what zing is............ B)

Try a Capricorn then you will know what zing is............ B)

Capricorn's are too clingy...ask me too marry then after only a week lol.

The last capricon I went out with asked me to marry him after only one week. :rolleyes:

:lol: That was because of your charm and magnetic personality hun ;) x

You aren't hard work.... I just dont have what i'd like to be able to share with you, and this is something i'd very much desire to change :in_love: x

You aren't hard work.... I just dont have what i'd like to be able to share with you, and this is something i'd very much desire to change :in_love: x

Does that mean I can drive your NSX when you get her? :P

Does that mean I can drive your NSX when you get her? :P

i was personally thinking something along the lines of say 'walnut whip' night :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links