Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Steering Wheel

igo-ugo-wego

Identical to my 'platinum' one if you ask me.

either way, its a must-have upgrade if you have the plastic one......top detective work P.K. :thumbsup:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parts-King

• igo-ugo-wego

• Smoothound

• chenakos

If you want one folks, get it bought, price will go up in a week or so

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just checked the price of getting this fitted by a local dealer - £55 incl vat etc.

Probably worth doing if just to stop the airbag going off in your face or any future warranty problems.

Sounds about right, you need to swap the airbag over etc, takes around 30-40 minutes to fit. You could haggle a tad :lol:

Sounds about right, you need to swap the airbag over etc, takes around 30-40 minutes to fit. You could haggle a tad :lol:

when u say swap the airbag over, does the wheel come with that part or u mean on ur own wheel that is the original?? nice one tho :) shall be ordering next month probs at new price as im too broke to do it at cheap price this month :( ah well thats my problem so il just order at new price :) thanx x

Would a steering wheel from another Toyota fit?

My mate has a Auris SR with an awesome sport style leather steering wheel?

Could this be fitted to my Aygo?

when u say swap the airbag over, does the wheel come with that part or u mean on ur own wheel that is the original?? nice one tho :) shall be ordering next month probs at new price as im too broke to do it at cheap price this month :( ah well thats my problem so il just order at new price :) thanx x

You dont get a new air bag on the new steering wheel, you swap your existing air bag over ;)

Let me know when you are ready to order, if I can get it at old price I will

Hi,

If you want one folks, get it bought, price will go up in a week or so

Can you also ship to the Netherlands? Would be interested. Sorry, can't seem to send PM's on this board, isn't allowed?...

Cheers,

Mark

Would a steering wheel from another Toyota fit?

My mate has a Auris SR with an awesome sport style leather steering wheel?

Could this be fitted to my Aygo?

Just been looking at the IQ, it has a sports wheel option that looks similar to the Auris one.

Would this fit? Anyone know?

NO it won't, or at least the part numbers are different. You have to be careful, don't want to have problems steering fresh air at 70 MPH :lol:

NO it won't, or at least the part numbers are different. You have to be careful, don't want to have problems steering fresh air at 70 MPH :lol:

That's a valid point.

Might have to get an IQ then :D

You dont get a new air bag on the new steering wheel, you swap your existing air bag over ;)

Let me know when you are ready to order, if I can get it at old price I will

right so i actually went into my branch which is only across the rd from me with the part no lol he said that ne errors shud come up on the system cos their catalogue is on the computer database lol but i basically said to him id spoken to a parts manager from toyota and to just damn well see if it fits! lol he agreed he saw no reason for why it shudnt fit cos the wheels are the same ;) hehe so i hav tues and weds off, gonna book it in for tues if it arrives on time :) fingers crossed! :D

For anybody who ordered a steering wheel off me, they arrived with me and will be despatched today via DHL, HOWEVER, please be patient, due to the snow I expect deliveries to be delayed, that's beyond the :king: 's control I'm afraid :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to fitting mine today. Very easy. Took about 20 minutes. Looks very smart with the leather gear knob. Mrs M will be pleased! :thumbsup:

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Recieved mine a while ago. Fitting it isn't very difficult, even to my C1 :lol:

http://www.verboom.net/projects/c1/20090214/index.html

However, and I don't know if this is a C1 specific issue, I needed to get the car alligned afterwards. Not a big problem, got the right camber settings at the front now (even though they're officially not adjustable ;) ).

Pretty happy with the wheel, thanks Kingo :)

Mark

About the alignment: in the AIM for the leather wheel Toyota shows a nice little trick:

they put a piece of tape in the column cowling and the back piece of plastic.

Then put a line over the tape and cut it between the cowling and rear of the wheel.

This plastic cover is placed onto the new leather rim and its positioning is

absolute since it's screwed into fixed positions. Now when you put the wheel

back make sure the line on the tape aligns and you should be fixed!!!

Fun to see that even the positioning of the spokes for the

steering wheel are the same between the three brands...

Hi Jan,

About the alignment: in the AIM for the leather wheel Toyota shows a nice little trick:

Then put a line over the tape and cut it between the cowling and rear of the wheel.

Yeah, I know the trick. Unfortunatly they forget that when something happens to the wheels when the wheel is removed, this method doesn't help align the steering wheel :). And pulling the wheel off leveled isn't an issue, it is only the center ring that is an issue when putting it back unfortunatly...

Cheers,

Mark

BUMP:

I still have stocks at the old price if required ;)

I can get more :lol: Only a slight increase in price, unless I can order a job lot, PM me for details

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

It's the first time I 'm writing here, although I read this forum for more than 6 months.

About this miss-allignment thing: I had my aygo standard plastic wheel changed at Toyota dealer to the leather one and the lad that did the job put the leather wheel a little bit off the actual alignment. Now I have to keep the wheel a little bit to the left so the car goes straight on the road.

When I told them about this they said to me that now what is done is done. They might try to put it back to the initial allignment but with no sure reasult. "It might succed might not", as they said to me.

I don't know what to do now. Should I push them at Toyota to allign the steering wheel or leave it for good?

Is there any sure way for this thing to be done [now, after that first disaster allignment]?

Any thoughts/help would be very much appreciated! :unsure:

This sounds serious - like they've caused irepairable damage to your car! Whatever - it sounds like they're responsible and have admitted liability. I suggest you get an independent report before even allowing them to see your car again

You've paid for work and service, in this case the fitting of a steering wheel, if part of that work was for the alignment to be set then you are perfectly entitled to ask for it to be done again correctly, and they are obliged to comply.

Know your rights. (in this case, Stautory).

If they grumble, just mention Statutory Rights and Trading Standards, then they might realise they're being total @rses about it . ;)

To be exact here, they changed my car's standard wheel to the leather one before they deliver the car to me at the first place. So I have not paid any money for this job.

But anyway the wheel change was done by them, so they are responsible for the whole job.

Is there now though, any warranty that the leather wheel can be fixed and aligned the right way? Is there any technique with definite results? :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links