Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Discrimination

bothwell_buyer

This thread has been lost on most. Classic stuff Bothmesiter!. You should be on the stage :lol: :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• Kev Mc

• silversurfer

• Calisto

Blind and deaf debating aside, I think the best solution is to fit people with a brain (that works) I.e read the pump before you fill up - its really not difficult, there you go problem solved :thumbsup:

In trying to search for the Roads Act legislation, the only thing I can find is being able to read at 20 metres. Same in the Highway Code.

So, does this mean that we should also have audio-visual and physical warnings inside the car for speed; as well as on the pumps????

im getting confused with your point now!!!!! if you are not phsyically able to drive then you shouldnt be driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus well said tegan!!

Has anyone asked these deaf or partially sighted people what they would like???

I asked someone at work today ........................but they did not hear me :)

In trying to search for the Roads Act legislation, the only thing I can find is being able to read at 20 metres. Same in the Highway Code.

So, does this mean that we should also have audio-visual and physical warnings inside the car for speed; as well as on the pumps????

im getting confused with your point now!!!!! if you are not phsyically able to drive then you shouldnt be driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus well said tegan!!

No - you confuse me.

Lets pretend......

I can physically drive and adhere to the Highway Code and can read a registration plate at 20.5 metres.

I cannot read the signs on a petrol/diesel pump, nor can I distinguish the colours.

So;

Whats to stop me putting petrol into my diesel tank?

Answer?

Nothing! Thats my whole point - there should be a warning of which I have mentioned several solutions, in place. Its discrimination !!!!

I asked someone at work today ........................but they did not hear me :)

Please.

A bit of decorum!

Why cant someone "read the signs on a petrol/diesel pump, nor distinguish the colours".

yet....I can physically drive and adhere to the Highway Code and can read a registration plate at 20.5 metres.?

I am confussed.

plus well said tegan!!

No - you confuse me.

Lets pretend......

I can physically drive and adhere to the Highway Code and can read a registration plate at 20.5 metres.

I cannot read the signs on a petrol/diesel pump, nor can I distinguish the colours.

So;

Answer?

Nothing! Thats my whole point - there should be a warning of which I have mentioned several solutions, in place. Its discrimination !!!!

What is stopping someone from brushing their teeth in hot water, what is stopping someone from washing their hair in Domestos, what is stopping someone from feeding their dog tinned Tesco Beef Curry, what is stopping someone drinking soda water instead of lemonade and what is stopping somone using their Blockbuster card in the ATM??!! :P

Why cant someone "read the signs on a petrol/diesel pump, nor distinguish the colours".

yet....I can physically drive and adhere to the Highway Code and can read a registration plate at 20.5 metres.?

I am confussed.

Maybee they can't reed and are colour blind?? but what about the smell?

plus well said tegan!!

No - you confuse me.

Lets pretend......

So;

Answer?

surely if a person is unable to read the petrol and diesel signs then they wouldnt be able to read the speedo or the rev counter or the petrol gauage......therefore they wouldnt know when to put petrol in so wouldnt have this issue!!!

Maybee they can't reed and are colour blind?? but what about the smell?

I wondered what that was ................Has someone stepped in something??..................They really should look where they are going!!!!!! :P ;) :)

Phew................it stinks :P :lol:

plus well said tegan!!

No - you confuse me.

Lets pretend......

So;

Answer?

What is stopping someone from brushing their teeth in hot water, what is stopping someone from washing their hair in Domestos, what is stopping someone from feeding their dog tinned Tesco Beef Curry, what is stopping someone drinking soda water instead of lemonade and what is stopping somone using their Blockbuster card in the ATM??!! :P

I'd have expected some deep meaningful suggestion from a muderator....... although I'm grateful you have grasped the point about disability discrimination at long last.

How do we know how many wash their teeth in hot water?

Never heard of peroxide hair wash? Isn't it the same thing?

Dogs eat anything.

Ever tried soda water and lime? Its just as good as lemonade and lime.

And from my scant lnowledge of ATM crime, if they can clone bank cards, then maybe they use Blockbuster cards as the tool....now, how did you know that one? I feel its my duty to report this latter suggestion to the CID for investigation.

I am confussed.

Calisto, Calisto, Calisto ..........

A real scenario - my father can't read the gauges on the dashboard; nor read the signs on a fuel pump. Thankfully, he can distinguish colours.

He's driven for 70 years, and can read a regy plate at 20.5 metres using his long distance type glasses.

Count yerself lucky!

Now think of the plight of all those blind diesel car drivers who do have problems.

This may be harsh....but those people who do have problems will have adapted.....otherwise they wouldn't be driving because they would never fill up with diesel.

They really cant be that ubikd by it.........I am referring to all blind diesel driver.

This may be harsh....but those people who do have problems will have adapted.....otherwise they wouldn't be driving because they would never fill up with diesel.

They really cant be that ubikd by it.........I am referring to all blind diesel driver.

If that was true, then why do people still fill up diesel cars with petrol???

well.....cognitive thought process also has to be taken into consideration here, as well as blindness

If they keep going for the petrol pump then they need to think about what they are doing.......petrol and diesel pumps are in a certain order are they not?

No - you confuse me.

Lets pretend......

So;

Answer?

Discrimination against people that stupid is a good thing

my father can't read the gauges on the dashboard;

He should not be driving a car if he can't read the gauges on his dashboard. I know you're on a wind-up but just in case the above is true, tell him to get his vision fixed before he gets behind the wheel again & kills someone

I did, and they want a nice cup of tea and a sit down !

what is stopping someone from feeding their dog tinned Tesco Beef Curry, ]

if it's Tesco Value beef curry then it'll probably lead to a prosecution by the RSPCA !

He should not be driving a car if he can't read the gauges on his dashboard. I know you're on a wind-up but just in case the above is true, tell him to get his vision fixed before he gets behind the wheel again & kills someone

OK

I appreciate where your coming from - you tried telling a 90 year old whos been driving for 70 years and drove throughout the WWII what to do??

Any case, he knows what fuel trigger to use - which seems more than folk half is age manage!!

And what happened to LFC the day???

OK

I appreciate where your coming from - you tried telling a 90 year old whos been driving for 70 years and drove throughout the WWII what to do??

Any case, he knows what fuel trigger to use - which seems more than folk half is age manage!!

No, but he's clearly a danger on the road so if I knew him I'd do just that

& Liverpool weren't good enough to beat an Everton team that was missing a lot of its best players - including most of our best attacking players - at home, again

OK

No, but he's clearly a danger on the road so if I knew him I'd do just that

& Liverpool weren't good enough to beat an Everton team that was missing a lot of its best players - including most of our best attacking players - at home, again

So, which team do you support ? :blink: :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links