Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mm/... Decisions...

Jimlad

Ok... I'm almost 1/2 way there to having enough money for a Supra...

with the MR2 ontop of this .... quite a bit closer.

Choices....

Spend £2000 on getting the MR2 done.

or

Sell/Trade in the MR2, sell my bodykit parts, then save a little more and get a supra ?!?

or

Simply do the first and wait until I'm 25 to get the Supra ??

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh !!

Too many choices !

If it was me mate?

I'd go for the Supra, cos modding is a bottomless pit, and you'll be lucky to see the money back.

Plus the Supra is a lovely motor, and think what you could do to it :drool:

I might do the MR2 ( boywork and paint )...

have some fun in the summer with the hot weather. Take it to JAE.. then sell it and get a Supra..

not sure tho.

you would get more money back by selling your mods seperatley and putting the car up for sale as standard, alloys are the only thing that i would leave on.

I suppose it depends what you want...

This is me thinking out loud here:

If you're after the ultimate sprint machine, then in terms of tunability you can't really go wrong with the Supra. As a daily driver though, having loads and loads of power would really suck.

My research in to Supra ownership has lead me to believe, however, that the costs of keeping a Supra on the road are very high... And they're a hell of alot heavier than the MR2. Weight, in my opinion, really does kill all the fun of driving.

I personally think the MR2 offers the best of both worlds (speed and handling) It really is such a beautiful car too... The Supra looks nice, but not as nice unles you add lots of bits and pieces like bodykits and spend money which could be better invested under the bonnet.

But you only live once and I must admit there is something very appealing about having a super rice mobile.

Hmmmmmmmmmm... It's a tricky one.

While the Supra does have amazing tunability potential, and looks wise its unbelievable w. the right kit, not to mention EVERY1 knows what a Supra is so u'll get instant recognition, i've heard its not as "fun" to drive as the mr2.

Only from others mind u, i've never driven a supra myself...

Try and take one for a test run, then work out wich u prefer.

But if you keep the 2 u hav more money left over for mods...

(I guess that would be an incentive to us mere mortals, but when was money ever a problem for jim? <_< )

-Z

jim, tough choice

I think your best bet is to testdrive the supra you want... as you can never know whether you could live with a car until you've driven it.

Personally.. I think you've spent too much money on the mr2 turbo to sell it before you can really enjoy it in the summer, it's only a few months away now. :yes:

The supra is even more of a poser mobile than the MR2... so it may well suit you down to the ground jim :P

I'll actually go along to CRD and test drive a few.. they are buggers tho and don't like you doing it unless they think you're gonna buy one. I think it's coz they have to move all there cars about to get it out etc... lol

You never know.. it may put me off for good !!

If not.. I think I will enjoy the summer.. save a bit more £££ and get a better Supra than I would if I just rushed out and got one.

What is the Supra TT 0-60 time ?

I think the TT time is around 4.6 ... can't be far off that figure anyway.

you're thinking logically about it now jim, good stuff.

I've test driven a supra, and TBH compared to the other stuff I;ve driven, I wasn't very impressed. I much preferred the Skyline GTR, and Honda NSX's are awesome around corners - amazing amounts of grip. I think I'd choose one of these two for my next car - thought they're still around the £15,000 - £20,000 mark. Also modding the MR2 will not make it worth any more, perhaps even a bit less, since the mods may well put people off.

Supras also cost a lot more to run, and I think you'll find the insurance very expensive, especially since you haven't been driving very long and you're under the age of 25. However, you seem to have plenty of money, so maybe cost won't be a problem :)

Actually the proper on the road figure for a stock supra TT is closer to 6. Their real brute strength lies in 3rd and 4th imo. I beat supras to 60 mainly cos they are autos and cannot really get a proper launch. There is a site with jap vids showing all stock Toyota cars with a GT-4 racing a supra ..the GT-4 beats it in in 1rst and 2nd but the supra gains massivley in 3rd an 4th. Same with the MR2 turbo (altho the MR2 turbo gaines more distance in 1rst an 2nd than even the GT-4 when it races the supra in the vid).

And also jimlad..altho the autos are superb in supras...you know your gonna end up in an auto dontcha? :)

I dunno m8 it depends what you wanna go for. Are you more of a 'driver' type? If yes..im probably gonna get throttled for saying this... but why dont you go for an evo5? Its what I wanna do as its taking another step up the ladder as far as driving experience goes. A supra, altho an amazing car in its field, is a tourer...it wont have as much fun driving wise.

And another thing..the 3SGTE is the more potent when it comes to reliable tuning. The proof is in the fact the 3SGTE is used in rallying and its used by all the Supra teams in Japans touring car championship.

Just my opinion tho!

I totally agree, if you like cars that handle, and I mean really handle, then stuff like the EVO series and even the Impretza's are hard to beat, this is why I mentioned the GTR and NSX they are real handling cars - gorget stuff like the 3000GT, the car's handling is completely lifeless. Evo's are still quite expensive, but Impretzas are getting very affordable now.

Keep in mind the scooby's, & evo's are all "big" cars, not really my cup 'o tea, but they may very well suit ur driving style. cos u wont risk losing control whilst cornering at speed as they have really good handling. :ph34r:

And as for thinking w. ur brain u know that logic ALWAYS fails. If little johnny gets excited he takes over completely pal. then u wake up the next morning, look beside u and think "oh s**t". in ur case u'll wake up, look out the window and then... :o

-Z

just thought to myself...

sell the 2 jim, i'l ltake it off ur hands for 5g (inc. all kit etc)... ;)

hehe