Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag Light On Dash Staying On!

essex-dave

hi boys and girls,since yesterday my airbag light on the dash is flashing any ideas how to reset or the reason for the problem.its on a 55 reg 2.2 d4d avensis.thanks for any help you can give

hi boys and girls,since yesterday my airbag light on the dash is flashing any ideas how to reset or the reason for the problem.its on a 55 reg 2.2 d4d avensis.thanks for any help you can give

Its look like I have same problem. Is anybody had same problem please help ???

I just moved massenger seat little backwards and light just turn off magically. I really dont know why ?????? may be it was obstructing some sensor or something i really unable to understand.

Regards,

Dr Sam

I just moved massenger seat little backwards and light just turn off magically. I really dont know why ?????? may be it was obstructing some sensor or something i really unable to understand.

Regards,

Dr Sam

Nope. There is a connector under the seat, so you must have had a bad connection. Also try clean the metal plates inside the connector.

Regards,

Svet

Regards,

Dr Sam

Do you mean the passengers seat. I think i wire for the side seat airbag came lose that's why the Airbag light came on and when you moved it it went back into place. I think you should locate the wire to make sure its plugged in correctly.

Sounds like your seat belt pretensioner sensor.

I haven't had this issue in the Avensis but had the same problem on a number of others cars I've owned (namely Renaults).

I found that moving the seat backwards and forwards made it stop/come on. When I had my car serviced I told them about it and they said they had fixed it. When I looked under the seat all they'd done was stick some electricians tape around the wire. It did the trick and never had the problem again. I woudlnt worry about it too much, but its worth mentioning next time you have the car in for a service.

• 2 months later...

i have the same car,model and year with a flashing airbag warning light,the strange thing i disconected the air bag plug under the driver seat and then reconected it , :angry: it fix the problem for about a week then came back,still haven`t got to the bottom of it,have you had any luck?

Best to go carefully with the connectors. The technical manuals say to disconnect Battery and leave for a few mins before disconnecting connectors due to the risk of deploying the airbags! Never seen it happen but i know it wouldnt be a good thing if it did! :o

• 6 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links