Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Model Ravs

Ravintow

I'm an avid model car collector and tend to go for the marques I've either previously owned - or my present 'pride n' joy' (namely 'Ravi'). Does anyone know of any model car suppliers and/or kit suppliers who market the RAV 3 door model in the UK?

Try sending a PM to Uncle Bob, he is also a collector and I guess knows sources to buy them. :thumbsup:

Try sending a PM to Uncle Bob, he is also a collector and I guess knows sources to buy them. :thumbsup:

Thanks -maybe 'Uncle Bob' will see my post and respond? ( As a 'newbie' I've no idea who this guy is)

Have you tried Ebay? They quite often come up on there. Mike

Thanks. Not very keen on eBay tho' - had a couple of nasty experiences using it (and the dreaded PayPal - which isn't very 'Pally' at all when things go pear-shaped)

Thanks -maybe 'Uncle Bob' will see my post and respond? ( As a 'newbie' I've no idea who this guy is)

Bob's details (he doesn't bite :lol: ) -

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showuser=392

I bought a few little (1/72 scale) RAVs - seem to generally be RAV4.1 3 door soft top, RAV 4.2 (pre 2003) 3 Door and RAV 4.2 (pre 2003) 3 Door soft top

Bought a RAV 4.2 (pre 2003) 5 Door in maybe 1/48th scale?

Airfix or Tamiya (not sure which now) sell a RAV 4.1 3 Door hardtop as a plastic model - think scale of that is 1/24th

I bought a few little (1/72 scale) RAVs - seem to generally be RAV4.1 3 door soft top, RAV 4.2 (pre 2003) 3 Door and RAV 4.2 (pre 2003) 3 Door soft top

Bought a RAV 4.2 (pre 2003) 5 Door in maybe 1/48th scale?

Airfix or Tamiya (not sure which now) sell a RAV 4.1 3 Door hardtop as a plastic model - think scale of that is 1/24th

Hi,

Thanks.

I've just found a super model/accessories site: www.emodels.co.uk and ordered an Airfix 1/24 RAV kit (3Dr.) for £7.03 - plus some paints/cement etc so I can build/paint it like 'Ravi'. They appear to be a very comprehensive company for the model maker, so thought I'd post this in case anyone else is interested.

Have you seen this one on e-bay? New 4.3 in 1:43 scale white only. Bit pricey but hey, it's a RAV......................... :P

Item# 140298947751

I will admit to owning a 1:64 scale RAV4 made by "High Speed Model Collection"

Item No.64KFB15S

The early RAV4 had the biggest interest with the diecast and plastic kit makers, the 3 door 4.1 was made as a snap together kit, although i never got round to buying a glue kit ( airfix ). In diecast it was made by minichamps to a very good standard right down to some very rough stuff including the pull back let go stuff. The 4.2 was mainly the 5 door in diecast and to date only one 4.3 is about also by minichamp but at £22.00 its a bit rich for me.

Okay just refreshed my memory on the diecast models :rolleyes: , i've looked on eBay and can see all the diecast models up for sale, i have most of them ,here are a few pointers, brand name followed by quility.....

Vitesse...very good detail and scale,

Majorette.......Crap,

Tomica...fair detail yet poor scale,

Corgi....Excellent,

Cararama....poor scale and detail,

Kinsmart.....poor detail ,pull back let got model ,

Highspeed, 1;64...Excellent,

J-Collection ...Excellent.

I only had one plastic kit (the clip together one ) it had poor detail yet good scale, it was motorized and ran on two AA batteries and would climb over most things ( sofa cushions, books and cats ! )

Update.... this is the plastic clip together kit i have..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-RAV-4-MODEL-K...A1%7C240%3A1318

RAV4incBLINGBOY.jpg

RAV4cabinetcollection.jpg

http://toyeast.ideoconcepts.com/productimage/a02116557a.jpg

Have you ever seen a RAV4 4.1 5 Door model ?

Have you ever seen a RAV4 4.1 5 Door model ?

Sorry to say i've never seen one yet :(

Okay just refreshed my memory on the diecast models :rolleyes: , i've looked on Ebay and can see all the diecast models up for sale, i have most of them ,here are a few pointers, brand name followed by quility.....

Vitesse...very good detail and scale,

Majorette.......Crap,

Tomica...fair detail yet poor scale,

Corgi....Excellent,

Cararama....poor scale and detail,

Kinsmart.....poor detail ,pull back let got model ,

Highspeed, 1;64...Excellent,

J-Collection ...Excellent.

I only had one plastic kit (the clip together one ) it had poor detail yet good scale, it was motorized and ran on two AA batteries and would climb over most things ( sofa cushions, books and cats ! )

Update.... this is the plastic clip together kit i have..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-RAV-4-MODEL-K...A1%7C240%3A1318

RAV4incBLINGBOY.jpg

RAV4cabinetcollection.jpg

http://toyeast.ideoconcepts.com/productimage/a02116557a.jpg

What a wonderful collection, Uncle Bob - a real credit to you. (Loved the RAV cop cars - do you think our lot would ever consider using them?)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links