Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slight Mods

Demonic Angel

I havent got my Yaris yet, but when I do I am considering slight mods to it - nothing too fancy or expensive - maybe a spoiler, tinted windows etc :unsure:

Basically whats the best modification to add value to your car - I mean a few years down the line, if I sell it, what will get me a little bit extra for it?

I'm not the modded car type (no offence intended to those who are!) so if I do mod it, it will only be very discreet, but I want my car to look the best it can!

Any suggestions?? :help:

Any mods you do to your car WONT INCREASE ITS VALUE, unless you make a very unique car that will be the envy of the tuning world of course...

So pretty much, treat any mod as money down the drain, and where you can, look for ones you can remove before selling the car (modded cars are harder to sell), and sell the mods seperately

i think that it depends on the buyer, but a spoiler and maybe some wheels will make the car more desireable. Tinted windows is (i think) dependant on the buyer some like it some dont. Another way is that u put everything back the way that u got the car.

Ive modded mine a little and there is more down the line i hope finances dependant!! but most of it will be ut back to its riginal state.

Probably alloys if you have'nt/arent alrady getting them?

I guess anything else, depends how long you keep that car for for example keeping it for say 5 years till the value drops to match the affordability of the younger generation, then yeah a spoiler, tinted windows etc 'may' make it more appealing, but this is a rough generalisation on typical market circumstances

But hey its your car for now so i'd go with what 'you' like :thumbsup:

Thanks for that info Fidgits - I wasnt sure if it would add value or not.

I dont want any major mods, just maybe a small roof spoiler or something along those lines, like I said, I'm not into major mods or anything like that so for me it would be money down the drain!

I just want a pretty car! lol :P

dave5282 - My car will have alloys already, but they'd have been first choice if I didnt choose a model with alloys - alloys looks so much nicer than normal wheels!

Like I said - typical bird - I just want a pretty car that all my girly mates will go ooooooh.... ahhhhhhh at! lol :D :group-cuddles:

It is pretty, but not very girly pretty! Its just a woman thing!

After all, we dont just buy a skirt, we buy the right top, jewellery, paint our nails & toes, choose the right handbag and not forgetting shoes aswell!

Its called accessorising! :D :D :D :P :P :P

Same with cars too! :D :D :D :thumbsup:

I doubt it mate.

A carbon bonnet certainly wouldnt, (again i'd remove it before sale), as for a compressor, well unless you found someone looking for a s/c Yaris, then it would actually decrease in value.

D/A, yeah, i can understand that, (and when it comes to cars its not just women that accesorize!) and little things like a small (descreet) spoiler wouldnt affect the value, and may make it slightly more desirable, but from a market price, it wont make any difference.

As for the window tinting, i wouldnt go too dark, and it might not effect the price.

would a blitz supercharger add value to the car, or a carbon bonnet?

Not the least bit. As stated before, it would likely decrease it. To recoup some of the cost you need to part everything out before selling the car bone stock.

i think its a sexy car!

alloys an a spoiler possibly a set of skirts t-sport will make it look great but wont ever make it worth more (as already stated) itll be worth more to you tho cos ya got a smart lookin motor

of course a subtle mod would be to drop 100mm on 19's and fit wide arches :lol:

the main thing is to just be happy with it, on the meets ive seen plenty of std cars come along and they still look good as long as they are looked after and polished up etc.....

:thumbsup:

I love moddin' my car and dont really care if it does not affect value.

I intend to keep it. I love my Yaris and all the things that i have done / will be doing, have made it so much a part of me that i dont want to get shot.

Jap cars, as everyone is fully aware off, are very reliable and will last for a long long time.

PLUS I have lost a lot of money through differnt part ex's that i did before i finally stopped at the TS. This being my 3rd Yaris. Just goes to prove that I just cane my money :wacko::lol:

New Year Resolution.... stop spanking my money.... save up for the big mods.

For this year I only intend 3 major things

1) Fit New Bonnet Vent.... recently bought a vent called the "Spit". Described as a hybrid of the F50 and Evo style.

2) Buy Koni Shocks.... need to bring my rear end down a bit more, looks too high when you look at it side on.

3) SERIOUSLY save up for the S/C kit

BUT For increasing your money, very much doubt it.

Many examples.... boy racers do up their cars, spend thousands, get featured in a Mag, sell car for a hell of a lot less then paid out on it.

At the end of the day, all money spent on it is for your entertainment/enjoyment only.... you wont re-coup it back... But at the end of the day, you had a car that you loved

You will make more by breaking it and sellin of the parts to ....... US LOT :thumbsup:

1) Fit New Bonnet Vent.... recently bought a vent called the "Spit". Described as a hybrid of the F50 and Evo style.

sounds intresting!!! :blink:

well, unless something better comes up and i can sell the bonnet vent ;)

That is my plan.... gonna cost far too much :censor: Oh well, what are credit cards for :D

of course a subtle mod would be to drop 100mm on 19's and fit wide arches :lol:

Jaxx: Just had a gander at your avatar: what size rims are you running? They look huge (and great) on a Yaris :thumbsup:

Jaxx is running on 17's, and are extremly nice... they are Wolface Rims.

My partner has the same style on his Impreza.

Generally speaking, aftermarket mods (or factory mods for that matter) don't really add value. Certain things, like an auto box or air con might add a bit of value to a fairly new car, or make it easier to sell on an older one, but thats about it.

That doesn't mean modifications aren't worth it though. If they give you extra enjoyment of the car, then they are well worth it! Just don't expect to get any money back. Taking the stuff off and selling it seperately can get some cash back, but it all takes more time. And some things, such as stereo equipment, you can just take with you and put in the next car :thumbsup:

thanks yannick

yeah they are 17's as per Miss T's post

You're welcome. They're monsters on a car that size :lol: The tyres look ultra low profile too...

You got any pics up in the gallery?

Edited:

Sorry - meant also to say that I think that wheels can really make the car in terms of looks. (that said - it can also do exactly the opposite when poorly chosen :P ) I'll be looking for a nice set of rims, but not yet - I've got a few other things that I need to spend my money on first :P

tyres are 40 profile, but i am thinkin of a set of 35's for my next skins :P

no pics as of yet im in the process of purchasing a digicam in the near future, only got an old fasioned film one and a phone cam!

yeah agreed, i think the first mod to any car ya should do is the rims cos it can make or break it at the end of the day, luckily i think it made mine, i have had a little bad luck with them, i crashed and wrecked two! and then had a hell of a polava trying to get replacements

the main prob was that they were in a special 'shadow chrome' finish and its a long story but it was hard to get a new pair that 'matched' the originals.

but after alot of farting about a friend of mine came through and we devised a special one off colour for them. its not far off the original shadow chrome effect but once its sunny and they are shiney and clean they have this awsome black to silver colour flip shimmer!

no pics as of yet im in the process of purchasing a digicam in the near future, only got an old fasioned film one and a phone cam!

Well, I'd appreciate an announcement in the main discussion forum when you get pics posted, as I don't regularly visit the Yaris forum :D :thumbsup:

As I said in another thread (where Ian was looking for opinions on two sets of rims) I far prefer simple designs. Yours seem ideal, and I found myself wondering how they'd look on my car :P But as I said before, it'll have to wait :(

yes mate or ill let ya know presonally i really must get some nice new pics cos i havnt really got none!

:(

yes mate or ill let ya know presonally i really must get some nice new pics cos i havnt really got none!

:(

good on you :thumbsup: