Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Ts Or Civic Type R

joe1st_06

Hey ppl

Just want to get some idea of which car would u guys get. Im really struggling to choose me next car, at the moment im driving a yaris TS and think of changing car soon. the 2 car i have in mind is a celica TS or civic type r i really like both cars but dnt knw which 1 2 get. I knw that the type r is abit faster 0-60 at 6.8sec and celica 0-60 in 7.2sec and the price different is not that much different in both cars. so my question wuld be if u had a choice which 1 wud u get and y?

thanks

joe x

Kind of the wrong place to ask that question. The reason most are members here is because they choose the TS or other Celicas over all other cars :rolleyes:

I was the same as you, I had a yaris TS before I bought my celica 4 months ago.

I also liked the Civic Type R, but went for the Celica because it was easier for me. (I had finance with Toyota so it was easier to swap to another Toyota than faff around)

And for the fact the Celica isn't a hatcback, it has much more room in the boot, it's only a 4 seater compared to the type R which is 5.

For the extra 3 groups higher for insurance, more chance of being nicked, and higher tax all for half a second quicker to 60 the type R isn't worth the extra cost. And you'll get every chav trying to race you.

It depends what you want, if you want to modify your car then the honda has much more available and is easier to tune.

I love my celica, I think I have chosen well, The only thing is I wouldn't go for a 6yr old car again, but I also wouldn't change to the type R.

You may find quite a lot that have been ragged, as they appeal more to the younger generation, than the celica does

To echo other members....

The Celica has an element of class as you don't see too many in ditches or pimped up being driven by young kids with baseball hats on the wrong round :lol: The Civic is a superb machine to thrash around in and drives better than the Celica, sadly though the image wipes all this out :( .

I'll try and simplify your decision.

The CTR looks like a Van with rear windows

The Celica looks like a baby Ferrari

Performance/Handling..very little between the two, and both very good in what they offer for the money.

Yep, can only really mirror what those above have said.

I was in the same position. I like them both, and on the road they are quite similar cars in terms of power and handling.

The Toyota has the proper coupe looks, but the Civic has the practicality.

In this situation, you have to buy the car that will suit your lifestyle and personal taste most. Have fun test driving them! B)

hi joe,

i think the best thing you can do is test drive both cars yourself.

i did when i came out of my yaris compressor.

i did like the build quality of the celica and its looks it also handled ok,

but on the celicas i drove i found the brakes poor compared to my yaris,

i also felt they lacked power.

Like i said test drive them both as dealers will be more than happy if they think they are going to sell a car,

dont be scared to hit the lift.

kimi -x-

hi.

last year i want to change the car for CTR OR CTS i drive both cars but i like moor CTS better. ctr is 0-60 6.8 sec and my CTS is 0-60 6.9 sec the cts is moor faster in start then ctr but in 3 gear ctr is bit faster then CTS.

ctr is moor hard core and not to nice in side but CTS moor nicer and look very good.i hade civic 1.6 for 2 years i get bored after 1 year with car but cts i drive since one year i waiting all the time when i will drive agin i love my cts. :yahoo:

:yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links