Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Build Thread

BRIDGES

Cars looking great tim, well both be apexi owners muahaha

That was my reason for selling typhoon needed more space in the engine bay, Mounted my catch tank near the Evap cannister and the rattle on the strut was doing my head in aswell.

Now because of the apexi and the way it sits theres more room near the Battery to mount the catch tank properly where the hoses can reach aswell.

Plus no rattling, The idea will be use the exact piping route as the rubber hose but replace with a single aluminium pipe and 2 silicone bends or have a mandrel bent pipe made directly the same way as the rubber hose and use two silicone couplers.

Im sure changing the original rubber hose with a metal one will bring the rasp back that the typhoon used to give, wheres illgryphon when you need his response as to whether using metal piping changed the sound!

... it did alter the tone slightly. I have seen some one replace the stock rubber intake tube with a big piece of samco hose, which would cost less though. Oil catch looks very nice man :thumbsup:

Oil catch can now removed, the rattle was so annoying and with typhoon not a lot of room any where bar where it was placed. Will re-fit when Apexi on :).

Was looking the other side of bay as I got 2 metres of piping coming but again can't find any where suitable!!

Oil catch can now removed, the rattle was so annoying and with typhoon not a lot of room any where bar where it was placed. Will re-fit when Apexi on :).

Was looking the other side of bay as I got 2 metres of piping coming but again can't find any where suitable!!

I have read a hong kong magazine and saw a corolla tsport put the oil catch tank behind the engine or lower part of the engine. anyway, i left that magazine in Reading, i will check for u once i backed.

Found some one locally who does powdercoating and sand blasting for a very good price :yahoo:

Going to get my intake mani powdercoated in Gunmetal but i'm stuck on ideas for the claipers. I do like the the red against gunmetal, but was either thinking Candy gold or Candy red. The candy Red is darker than the hammerite red but looks nice.

What you all think, oppinions will be a good help :thumbsup:

A few updates to come in July:

Apexi on route therefore oil catch can be fitted

HEL brake lines on route

Calipers and Intake mani booked on 8/7/10 to be powdercoated :drool:

Led Fog lights

& maybe HID kit for main beam.

Oh yeah want to thank every one because i've had over 12,000 views on this build thread :yahoo:

Well i was bored today and with a hangover i wasn't feeling up to much, so i thought i'll paint my dipstick handle red from yellow. It does take a while but only due to paint to dry, other than that its a simple process.

Just a quick step to step if every one else wants to do the same.

Step1 - Wet sand the handle down (grade 400). The handle has already got a smooth texture so i wet sanded just to clean it up a little

Step 2 - Layer of primer & leave to dry (10-15mins)& then another coat (leave to dry)

Step 3 - Wet sand down again (grade 1200)

Step 4 - another 2 coats of primer again waiting to dry in between.

Step 5 - 3 coats of red and leave to dry

Step 6 - 3 coats of laquer & walla a finished dip stick :thumbsup:

I taped a little of the bottom where the rubber seal is

IMG00071-20100620-1725.jpg

IMG00072-20100620-1734.jpg

IMG00075-20100620-1755.jpg

IMG00078-20100620-1921.jpg

IMG00079-20100620-1921.jpg

that looks awesome i recon you should do the same to the black cast bits on the strut brace i think that will set the engine bay right off :D

Ta for the comments :thumbsup:

I maybe be selling the original strut as i may have another available, not fr sure yet though!!

Keep your eyes peeled for update mid july though :yahoo:

Nah i haven't bro!! What you heard.

All use them on the Jap forum im on in Wales and nothing bad from them at all. They have warrenty so anything that gets F***ed up i'll be after them!!

• 2 weeks later...

This will make Gaz so happy!!! See below

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Calipers getting powdercoated this Friday woop wooop :D

Well finally got the intake mani and Apexi powdercoated, the gunmetal turned out a little different but its growing on me. I think satin black could have looked a lot nicer but hey ho. The calipers on the other hand didnt come out correctly, for some reason the powder after being in the oven wasn't sticking and just started peeling off, so its back to painting those red one day.

Pics of engine bay

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

Just to make all aware that typhoon is still up for sale due to a timewaster!!

Awesome work, although I'd do the IM in black on our CTS.

Looks :thumbsup: top stuff again mate. ;)

Thanks all, didn't think what you lot would think!

It was a bit marmite at 1st but it is growing on me.

I'll get some pics up of the new led fogs too. A lot nicer than the yellow glow :)

bridges me old china need to ask you where you got your brake lines from? Mine need doing at next service in preparation for MOT.

Bro i been speaking to Farhan about my situation!! I'm so ****** its criminal!!!

I ordered from brake-lines.co.uk, great looking website free delivery too, they are main supplers of HEL brake lines but this is my story lol!!

Ordered on 15/6/10, money went from account on 16/06/10, delivery estimated at 2-4 days with email to provide tracking number. I had no email with tracking number which didnt really bother me and i waited 4-7 days just in case, still nothing.

Rang the company, there was answer machine message stating he was on paternity leave until 27/6/10, thought fair enough hes entitled to it like we all are.

Waited another couple of days after 27/6/10, emailed company to query. Had a reply saying they will be sent on Thursday 01/7/10 with tracking number on email by Friday 2/7/10, did i have one did i HEL!!! (excuse the pun)

After another phone call there was another message stating paternity leave until 4/7/10 but he got back to me during his leave. After phone call (same message) and loads of complaint emails i still havent heard anything? Sent another and tried ringing today, still nothing.

So stay clear everybody!!

Arhh man sorry to hear about that. At the end of the day they sold you a product and a service, and failed to provide it whilst debiting your account! Bang out of order mate, surely that's against some sort of consumer right if they don't deliver the goods.

Maybe a I won't go ordering from them, but chin-up though mate about the project. Your cars a peach so keep up the good work!

Inlet manifold and apexi pipe look good, well done!!

The brake lines....if you dont have much luck try hoover on this forum, got a set for front and rear, great price, great product and perfect fitting.

Engine bay is looking clean Tim :thumbsup: sorry to hear bout the brake hose, would it b possible to order direct from Hel if u manage to get a refund?

Cheers all for the comments :)

I'm not sure Will to be honest, I gota some how get my money back!! The phone is going straight to an automated message and hes not replying to my emails. If i rang my bank, could they some how refund then charge the company?

Cheers all for the comments :)

I'm not sure Will to be honest, I gota some how get my money back!! The phone is going straight to an automated message and hes not replying to my emails. If i rang my bank, could they some how refund then charge the company?

I think it depends wot u paid with, i think if u pay by credit card its possible to get the money bak from ur bank. Hopefully some1 here can help, or u cud even call ur bank and ask