Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Build Thread

BRIDGES

Well finally got the intake mani and Apexi powdercoated, the gunmetal turned out a little different but its growing on me.

Very nice looking indeed. However, will this affect the temperature of the incoming air as it will now withhold more heat???

Cheers all for the comments :)

I'm not sure Will to be honest, I gota some how get my money back!! The phone is going straight to an automated message and hes not replying to my emails. If i rang my bank, could they some how refund then charge the company?

I think it depends wot u paid with, i think if u pay by credit card its possible to get the money bak from ur bank. Hopefully some1 here can help, or u cud even call ur bank and ask

Well sorted, thank god. Farhan has been a great help as always, cheers bro :).

Farhan did put the !Removed! up me as he thought they were a fraudulent company!! Any way he advised to contact HEL directly. I have done so and its great that i have. Brake-lines aren't a fraudulent company they are a registered disbrutor with HEL. After i contacted HEL directly i had an email from brake-lines... can you believe it, I coudn't!! Any way bottom line is HEL have the parts and are making my brake lines today and sending tomorrow and for my troubles brake-lines have paid me £30 so i had them for £29.95 :yahoo:

Well finally got the intake mani and Apexi powdercoated, the gunmetal turned out a little different but its growing on me.

Very nice looking indeed. However, will this affect the temperature of the incoming air as it will now withhold more heat???

I wouldnt think so mate. The coating isn't that thick.

hey, sorry havent been on in a while, this is what i was on about, dont know if this copies right but hope it helps you :thumbsup:

http://www.dtdirl.com/forums/showthr...t=67748&page=2

Quote:

ATTENTION ALL HEL BRAKE LINE USERS!!!!

CHECK YOUR HEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES NOW!!!!!!!

This was bought to my attention by my customer when he went for a MOT test.

My customer drives an Accord Type R. I fitted a set of HEL braided brake lines to his car less than 11 months/10,000 mile ago.

During the MOT test visual inspection, the MOT tester points out that his brake lines are cracking, then it went onto the brake roller test, when maximum brake pressure as applied, one of the brake lines burst and squirted brake fluid all over the inside of the wheel. Instant failure.

The old brake lines were refitted to get the car through the MOT.

This is when i got the phone call about the situation.

I went to check out the brake lines, and whilst i was there, i thought it would be a good idea to check over 2 other cars that i fitted HEL braided lines to.

heres the pics of the offending items on the ATR.

The 2 other cars were: Accord Type R and Integra Type R.

The ATR had the HEL brake lines fitted less than 9 months ago, with less than 6000 miles on them,

The ITR had the HEL brake lines fitted less than 6 months ago, with less than 6000 miles on them.

BOTH of them showed signs of cracking/splitting.

The ATR had 1 brake line (OSF) which was cracking in the same place as the ATR which failed on the mot.

the ITR had started cracking on both front brake lines where the brake line support bolts to the suspension.

pics of the 2nd ATR brake lines

offside front brake line

pics of the ITR brake lines

offside

nearside

The fault seems to stem from the design. namely the support bracket which bolts to the suspension.

the OEM brake line has a bracket which is at a fixed point on the brake line, whereas the HEL brake line has bracket which slides up and down the length of the brake line.

When the HEL brake line is fitted, and the bracket bolted onto the suspension, the problem occurs when you turn the steering wheel. as you turn into the brake line, the brake line does not slide in the bracket, but as you turn away from the brake line, the brake line is pulled tight as it slides in the bracket to stretch as the caliper moves further away from the chassis.

but as you turn back into the brake line, the tension isn't released, the brake line isn't fed back through the bracket and over time, it seems this is what is causing the cracking/splitting, which leads to it eventually bursting.

I have sent an email to HEL to see what they have to say on the problem.

but in the meantime, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHECK YOUR BRAKE LINES!!!!!!!

i'm relieved that the ATR brake line burst on the MOT rollers and not on the road when braking hard with his baby daughter in the back seat.

but quite suprised that HEL lines would fail after such short duration of usage.

Thanks for the above info, I shall be sure to kee a regular check on them.

Any who they have been sent today wooop wooop :yahoo:. All this hassle has worked out in my favour. Nice brand new brake lines for £29.95 :yahoo::toast:

Will show pics once arrives, they wont be on until next week though!

They are £59.95 from brake-lines.co.uk but due to the trouble i've through the seller offered me a 50% discount which i accepted :)

Oh, got my hopes up! :P :lol:

Cheers, will be an investment I make when the new motor is dropped in. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well rolla has had a clean & most of you know when the car gets a clean theres normally pics to follow :)

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

New LED fogs

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

The legendary Badge

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0215-1.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

Spot anything new?

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

And if any one is into their detailing, you know how good these pics are for their BEDAGE!

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

And my helper, always out with me washing cars

DSC_0228.jpg

Thanks all :thumbsup:

Hey Bridges very clean looking rolla, have u debadged it on the tailgate? as i think in like the 12th pic it still says toyota on it maybe still the glue still on the car

Yeah bro, its there I just havnen't had a chance to buff it up with polisher. Will be done though :thumbsup:

Very very very nice looking car bro :D

And what a nice view u got there from your garage!

tim, as i said yesterday over the phone

YOUR

CAR

LOOKS

HAARRDDDD

i can see your bros z at the back :thumbsup:

Fair play pal you have invested a lot of time and money into your rolla and it definatley shows! Nice car mate!

Thank you all for your comments, make every bit worth while.

Next to come:

HEL Brake Lines to be fitted

EBC Red stuff pads (cant justify spending £100+ on Ferodo pads)

TTE shifter ordered with Kingo (fingers crossed it comes!!)

Thanks again yall :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok y'all, need to ask your opinions.

My wheels need to re-powdercoated soon. So do I get them done in the same colour IE gunmetal or do I go completely different and get them done satin black?

Also shall I get my roof wrapped in CF, picture to show tomorrow.

If any good and willing to Photoshop my wheels in satin black that would a bonus, use any pics you want in my build thread.

Thanks bridges :thumbsup:

I like your wheels, however i saw farhans on another post the other days back and they look mint too. Rotaslips in black.

Yours are a good colour for your car, just don't get tempted to go for some hideous contrasting colour and regret it lol!

Yeah know where your coming from, hence the post to help decide.

I love my wheels at the moment, so do every one else around me. Its just, well a change is good in it loool.

If some can photoshoot then this would be a gooood :thumbsup: for me. I could ask the company to do one in the satin black to test and see but it will no doubt cost money!!

definately keep them the standard colour they are right now. ive never been a fan of white cars with black wheels and windows or black cars with black wheels etc the whole contrast or black on black thing doesnt appeal to me. they look great as they are so keep them the same!

My cars grey though??? loool :lol:

I know where your coming from though, I do hate black gloss or metallic black on cars, but sating black appeals to me and with it being Grey, it may not look to harsh. Plus i'll be getting the rood wrapped in CF :drool:

Ok satin black not going to happen but I am really considering Hyper Black :drool::drool:

Looks soooo nice, and its kinda a gunmetal but with the glossy ness of gloss black :D

lol i realise your car is grey but i was just making the point about me not personally liking the whole contrasting colours thing. ;) either way whatever you do if you like it then no need to worry, it's your car end of the day. if you want to 100% change the colour of the wheel then don't go with the tacky really glossy black people have, anything else will look great im sure :D

Ahh sorry bro, you confused me a bit with your post. I too agree with you, gloss black is horrible, so believe me when I say I won't go for that option.

I'm liking and really considering hyperblack as it looks gunmetal at time but has that gloss look, as the gunmetal I currently have is flat in colour.

yeah man a bit of shine will look good. plus when you have washed your car the wheels will pop in the light if they have a slightly shiny finish to them :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links