Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Build Thread

BRIDGES

once you have the d2s installed at the height you want, tape the threads with electrical tape, and spray any visible threads with a sticky/waxy lube, most coilovers like seizing, but d2s are a nightmare for it, alot of the crx boys ended up scrapping them as after a few months they were bound solid, me included, sodding damper leak after 4 months and they were bound solid, im not a monkey either, i strip and build gas turbines for a living so tight bolts are a daily occurance, but d2's got the better of me, went to tein and never loked back :thumbsup:

D2s have been extensivley redeveloped and the revised version were released over the past year. No damper leaks anymore. But yes the tape and lube trick is what i do. It helps loads. Or if your like me. Then youd be fiddling woth the coilovers alot. I run the lock rongs up and down the threads everymonth or so.

<br>D2s have been extensivley redeveloped and the revised version were released over the past year. No damper leaks anymore. But yes the tape and lube trick is what i do. It helps loads. Or if your like me. Then youd be fiddling woth the coilovers alot. I run the lock rongs up and down the threads everymonth or so.<br>
<br><br>Bang on, i researched alot into he d2s and i was the first person who had them ordered in from jap shop last christmas when they were selling the revised RS coilovers.<br><br>They have been very well designed, i have hd them on my car for nearly a year and not had a problem. You need to correctly follow the instructions on adjustment and its extremely imple to do wen done right. Many coilovers lower and raise the vehicle by the spring pre load BIG BIG NO NO. you must do it via the shock, The D2s are exactly identicle in terms of adjustment and components as the k-sports and BC coilovers. I do however know the BCs required a bit of work to get them fitted to the anti roll bar where as the D2s are a direct drop in no messing around.<br><br>A very good coilover for the price and depending on different application you will have problems e.g. honda vehicles, Another point to remember is the components used in the coilover are all the same as with all other applications to differnt models. Its about how they are set up for your specific vehicle <br><br>The damper, the spring the shocks are pretty much all the same, Only mounting brackets and things differ on application.

Only some pics that I took down Swansea on my own as downloading from phone, hoe you like :)

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

As you can see the taxi driver ruined some shots!! Just stood there looking at me and the car!! Idiot.

More to come

1st pic is really great. It shows the car to be very brutal. Batmobil... :thumbsup:

Bridges your build thread is really good, a lot of decent mods have been carried out and the cars looking on point. So congrats on a great car, keep it up bro.

Bridges your build thread is really good, a lot of decent mods have been carried out and the cars looking on point. So congrats on a great car, keep it up bro.

Ahhh thanks man. Really happy that people enjoy the look of the car, puts a smile only face especially when I have worked hard on it :)

car looks really good mate, the coilys have given it the perfect look and do doubt they've improved the handling and drive of the car too. HIDs look slick also, which side light LED are you using ?

Sounding like a parrot but hey, car looks great.

Has having the coilovers fitted solved your slight rubbing issues?

The rears still rub, it's because my wheel has a wide profile. Arches to be rolled and hey presto they should solve a little!! :)

The rears still rub, it's because my wheel has a wide profile. Arches to be rolled and hey presto they should solve a little!! :)

why not just raise the coily slightly? and then do the same in the front to give the car a level height again?

It was only so low at the rear because of all his washing gear and old dampers/springs in The boot. His tyre is so close to the arch its insane. It was scrubbing on his h&rs also. Crazy fool.

Yep there was a lot of washing gear too and the old suspension was in there too. But as stu said even on my 45mm springs they rubbed on bumps, arches will be getting rolled :)

<br>D2s have been extensivley redeveloped and the revised version were released over the past year. No damper leaks anymore. But yes the tape and lube trick is what i do. It helps loads. Or if your like me. Then youd be fiddling woth the coilovers alot. I run the lock rongs up and down the threads everymonth or so.<br>
<br><br>Bang on, i researched alot into he d2s and i was the first person who had them ordered in from jap shop last christmas when they were selling the revised RS coilovers.<br><br>They have been very well designed, i have hd them on my car for nearly a year and not had a problem. You need to correctly follow the instructions on adjustment and its extremely imple to do wen done right. Many coilovers lower and raise the vehicle by the spring pre load BIG BIG NO NO. you must do it via the shock, The D2s are exactly identicle in terms of adjustment and components as the k-sports and BC coilovers. I do however know the BCs required a bit of work to get them fitted to the anti roll bar where as the D2s are a direct drop in no messing around.<br><br>A very good coilover for the price and depending on different application you will have problems e.g. honda vehicles, Another point to remember is the components used in the coilover are all the same as with all other applications to differnt models. Its about how they are set up for your specific vehicle <br><br>The damper, the spring the shocks are pretty much all the same, Only mounting brackets and things differ on application.

D2 and BC is made it Taiwan. However, they are relative cheaper and got the same quality :drool:

• 4 weeks later...

i'm sure this thread needs an update, i know this is my first post lol but i've been following it for weeks :)

I think the rear needs to go up a tiny bit, in some of the pics it looks like theres a bit of reverse rake going on but only a tiny bit its hard to tell