Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Build Thread

BRIDGES

ooh bit of a stab there :P :lol:

I actually like Satin in the wheel/hub areas but you mentioned that wasn't happening.. :crybaby:

Only what i feel KP, this site has gone down hill slightly IMO of course!!

But KP you are one of those helpful people :toast:

Well im about to pop down to the powdercoat place, get some prices and hopefully a colour chart to keep.

Only what i feel KP, this site has gone down hill slightly IMO of course!!

But KP you are one of those helpful people :toast:

Well im about to pop down to the powdercoat place, get some prices and hopefully a colour chart to keep.

:lol: I agree with you about there being so few people who regularly help, but it happens... I remember when I first joined two years ago, there were loads of people to help. :yes:

Looking forward to the results, I do keep an eye on your thread even if I am too lazy to reply. :lol: ;)

May be getting my sump powder coated soon, you show me yours I'll show you mine. :P :unsure:

Hyper black would work with your car and it would look good but not with your wheels

BTW how come you went with Mintex and not EBC and whats the dust level like?

I did go with mintex at the start, dust was very little. I'm now running EBC Red stuff on fronts, because my front pads with mintex decided to split away from the backing plate causing a lot of noise. May have been a one off but i'll stick with EBC now, their great pads for the price :thumbsup:

Can you explain why you dont think they'll suit my wheels? I think they would compliment them nicely due to the glossy ness of hyperblack the dish on the wheels would look nicer.

Ta :thumbsup:

Thanks, whats the dust like on the EBC reds? It might be hard to tell with dark wheels. My current pads are driving me bonkers with the amount of dust that comes off.

Its just personal preference but hyperblack only seems to suit multi forked spokes, it doesnt seem to look to well on chunkier spokes but youre best off with a photoshop if you can get someone to do it

Well i've asked but the genius that is called Ricc is not around!!

It is harder to see on Gunmetal, but dust again is minimal from what I can see. And I do at times need to brake hard, my country lane is full of whack drivers thinking their in a rally car going round blind corners at speed!!! :censor:

Well the powdercoat company i just visited were very helpfull and are even taken one wheel off me to do diferent colours free of charge. Hyperblack though, is out of the question because they need to import it from America and it will cost a bit. They are checking it for me but I think its going to be too much.

On the other hand, they had a wheel on show which they had a play with and it started out black, but they added multi coloured flake into it and clearcoated it. The clearcoat will always fade the colour a little so it looked a dark grey but the flake in it was awsome, got me thinking, should have a taken a piccy of it.

But what do we feel on the above, was soooooooooooooo niiiiice :drool:

Paint doesn't cost all that much mate, plus it goes a long way. If you get some other parts done it will be cheaper. :P

Have a look at getting them done in that black/grey you mentioned, sounds nice. Just beware of Chav-Factor with the Flake. It's something that is so hard to work around being the owner of a Clio!! :laughing:

lol wish i could have got in earlier for a witty reply to the powder coated stump comment haha. What is Ricc doing nowadays?

I standby my decision about keeping it similar to what you have, or some sort of black. Bridges you got coilovers on your ride? I want mine lowering about 10/15mm all-round and will need coilies to do so.

Same here, haven't heard from him. MarcTS would be the best, they used tohang around a lot.

The good news is that i can see what each colour is like on the wheel and test against the car, as i've got my stock rims i can drive back to check. I'll have to pop down and get a piccy of that wheel. They also had another nice colour, again was supposed to be black but looked grey again, but had a goldish flake that pops in the sun, couldnt see the fake as good until the sun hits it!

Illgryphon: Not on coilys my friend, just H&R 45mm springs, good level of height with 18". They'll be for sale maybe end of year, start of next as im gettin coilys :)

• 4 weeks later...

Some random did some photoshop images of wheels, what you think?

f43375fc.jpg

I know these aren't my wheels but he shaded the grey down

91ff4f6a.jpg

Satin black, looks dark in this pic but its not that dark in real life but you get the picture

fb896da3.jpg

And these are samples that were down the powdercoat company. Its a colour called Boron, never heard of it but its a charcoal grey with a flake in it. Pops nicely in the sun, this and satin are my favourites so far.

3e2468e8.jpg

bf0aa977.jpg

d972eabf.jpg

Im off to florida on tuesday too, where i'll be bring 3 items back from MWR. Nothing exiting though.

Let me know on the above pics :thumbsup:

Same here, haven't heard from him. MarcTS would be the best, they used tohang around a lot.

The good news is that i can see what each colour is like on the wheel and test against the car, as i've got my stock rims i can drive back to check. I'll have to pop down and get a piccy of that wheel. They also had another nice colour, again was supposed to be black but looked grey again, but had a goldish flake that pops in the sun, couldnt see the fake as good until the sun hits it!

Illgryphon: Not on coilys my friend, just H&R 45mm springs, good level of height with 18". They'll be for sale maybe end of year, start of next as im gettin coilys :)

you Bobie Dazzler! I have 17's so I really don't know rack all about anything about nothing about how much stuff will lower by what, but i am thinking H&R's should have the desired effect of lowering it slightly?

And as nice as those photo's are, the satin black looks mint.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all :)

Im back from Florida, I had a great time and brought home some goodies from MWR. Cant wait to fit them :yahoo:

b005460e.jpg

4f32eca1.jpg

bbeec585.jpg

Sweet. Lemme know how good he mounts are. We need to meet up soon. Get a few pixs man. U live like 20mins away.

I

Am

In LOVE with your car!

hahaha!

It's given me some really good ideas.

Keep up the good work.

Can I ask, why did you decide to paint your callipers black?

they looked really nice in red, kinda matched the engine theme!

I really want that gear knob in my life, will it fit the standard shifter? If so how do I get my scabby mitts on one?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links