Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Build Thread

BRIDGES

Cheers fella's, it will take about a week to bead in and sound a little deeper :)

its coming along buddy! we still havnt had that mini photoshoot with the yaris & the rolla! mine could be gone soon :P

i should really blag a shotgun ride in the rolla with you as im still stuck for what car to get! :P

whats up buddy!! Didnt know you were on this forum!!

Yeah we deffo need to do the photoshoot ready for when ssa decides to start back up again. Bank holiday weather has been fab should of done it then really but didnt think!!

Anytime fella, got to keep some sort of tsport in the drive :D

yep im everywhere bro :ph34r: :P

maybe we could even go one night in the week if i can blag borrowing my nans amazing camera :P know of a multi storey carpark thats usually pretty empty and is pretty decent for pics :)

eg..

carparkshootred2.jpg

:)

Looking nice Bridges, keep up with the good work. So wots next on the list?

Wwwwww good question will!! I dont know myself lol!!!

Before getting alloys i do want to lower it 1st other wise getting 18"s and not lowering it will look like a 4x4, so im still undecided if springs or coilys are the way to go???

I could afford springs straight away but coilys will take some time to save for. But if the car will look good on 18's with just springs no point forking out hundreds for coilys if you get me?!?!?

What do other peeps think???

Before getting alloys i do want to lower it 1st other wise getting 18"s and not lowering it will look like a 4x4, so im still undecided if springs or coilys are the way to go???

I could afford springs straight away but coilys will take some time to save for. But if the car will look good on 18's with just springs no point forking out hundreds for coilys if you get me?!?!?

When i was looking at coilover or springs i was in the same situation i could get springs straight away but would have to save for coils....and at the end of the day was i actually gaining anything by paying 5 times as much for coils..

my conculsion was...NO...

heres how i weighed up what to go for... (my answers in brackets)

coil overs give you the advatange of finely adjusting the height.. but once set at a height is it likley you will move them again? (no)

springs will lower a random amount usually somewhere around what is printed on the box..possible con if that not as far as you would like...(find a kit that has the lowest drop and deal with it)

both require same amount of work for fitting...nothing gained nothing lost here...(fine)

coils will usually give you a harsher ride.. but then your going for 18" so you will get a harsher ride by simply having a lower profile tyre...(i would like to keep some comfort)

although coils overs may give better handlling compaired to springs alone.. is that really necessary on the road?... (no)

the coils would give you the ability to finly tune weight distrabution of the car... again are you really bothered about that? (no)

have you had coil over before? (yes)

was it really worth the investment (no)

SPIRNGS!

Joel

SPIRNGS!

Joel

Why add a 3rd option :lol: ;) :P

When i was looking at coilover or springs i was in the same situation i could get springs straight away but would have to save for coils....and at the end of the day was i actually gaining anything by paying 5 times as much for coils..

my conculsion was...NO...

heres how i weighed up what to go for... (my answers in brackets)

coil overs give you the advatange of finely adjusting the height.. but once set at a height is it likley you will move them again? (no)

springs will lower a random amount usually somewhere around what is printed on the box..possible con if that not as far as you would like...(find a kit that has the lowest drop and deal with it)

both require same amount of work for fitting...nothing gained nothing lost here...(fine)

coils will usually give you a harsher ride.. but then your going for 18" so you will get a harsher ride by simply having a lower profile tyre...(i would like to keep some comfort)

although coils overs may give better handlling compaired to springs alone.. is that really necessary on the road?... (no)

the coils would give you the ability to finly tune weight distrabution of the car... again are you really bothered about that? (no)

have you had coil over before? (yes)

was it really worth the investment (no)

SPIRNGS!

Joel

You've just been sacked as a coilover salesman!!

but a member of the Board at Springs plc!!

im ordering mine after my next pay packet!!

eibachs or TTE??

cheers joel

im ordering mine after my next pay packet!!

eibachs or TTE??

cheers joel

Whichever are cheapest. TTE springs are rebadged Eibachs.

exhaust look good mate.. im still pondering whether to get twin pipes on both sides of my compressor..

got a set of compressor shocks + springs if u guys are interested.. pm me

• 2 weeks later...

went for a spin with bridges the other day to get some snaps of the two t-sports together!

only had chance to resize and slightly edited one so far but thought id put it up in here :)

example.jpg

Looking good fella, cant wait for the other piccys and there are loads :) shame the camera kept faulting on us. Cheers for the emails aswell. Hope to catch up with ya soon :thumbsup:

I have wondered why don't you get D2 coils in the UK? Those are produced there, right?

Really good value for the money. Just go for the softer "street springs" if you don't want REALLY hard ride. ;D

Nice exhaust. :)

I got tein basic coilovers fitted, I find them really good but not sure there worth the 500+ they cost.

Like the look and note ot the exhaust! how much did that cost if you dont mind me askin? Cheers

Hey fella,

The exhaust itself cost £300 and the cat cost £80 so £380 overall, which aint to bad. Depends where you go. Wasnt to keen to go to a mass produced garage i.e longlife. Pro-speed in cardiff did it for me, independant garage great work and very helpful :thumbsup:

LAA69: Havent got one fitted fella. The original t-sport strut at the front and i havent fitted one to the back?? Can you see one yeah???

the cat cost £80

£80? where did you source that from mate, cheapest i found was £110!

is it 200 cpi? has anyone ever gone with 100cpi?

cheers :)

LAA69: The one under the hood is the original t-sport strut, standard on the facelift.

jonnybravo: I was also offered around £110(can't remember the companys name) but the same company had a shop on eBay where it was advertised for around £70ish with p&p on top, luck i guess!! :D

It aint going to be as good as a fixed strut, as you can see the original has a dampner init to make the ride a bit more comfortbale thats what ive heard or read!! Im not to sure how much they are but i think their daymn expensive from toyota!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links