Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cops & Cruising

EircamAE86

erm, im a cop and i nor ANY people i work with go over cars with a fine comb...

So what do you do when some idiot car gives you attitude and the fantastic line of "Why aren't you out catching real criminals?". I think the types who have no respect for the law should be made to suffer as much inconveniece as possible for such attitudes and if that means having their car gone over then so be it. I've had my car searched by the Police just for turning up in Windermere at 5am (after driving all the way from Yorkshire), all we'd done was park up to admire the sunrise from the lake!

At the end of the day I think Police have a hard time of it and they lose no respect from me for coming down hard on drivers who think they have a god given right and refuse to accept that breaking the law makes them a criminal.

As for cruises, never been to one and have never wanted to go to one. Meets, never been to one and to be honest I'm not really that interested in going to them. Personally I just like driving my car and I get lots of time to do that just getting from A to B.

Dazwan,

People who say stuff like "arent you out catching real criminals etc" clearly arent living in the real world, and plenty of people say it - and my answer is normally "How can I be if im dealing with your stupid driving!!!" - They will get dealt with if the offence warrants it.

But also, by being given a producer and having a look at tax, checking their details out etc does inconvienience them for a while. Plus, you will often find that there is something wrong with either the car or the person driving and thats the reason you get pulled.

Cheers

Adam

I guess it's a fine line that you have to tread. Be nice to people and you get accused of being too easy on them, come down on them and you get accused of harrassment and the like.

Still, I was always told to be polite and friendly to police, then hopefully they won't be too unfriendly and will let you get on your way ASAP :D .

ive been to loads of cruises over the last few years and altho some have been a laugh its always muppets racing each other in xr2's and basically lookin like idiots in their combat kitted corsa's!

more and more car parks are being closed at nite in mansfield, the biggest ones was done about a month back at a retail park so they just moved on to b&q!

meets and shows are a different story full of quality folk and quality motors its never a let down whatsoever

i know what i choose!

:thumbsup:

OOOOOOOOOkkkkkkk, seem to have touched a soar point. Ahhh well, think ill go just to say ive seen one. I think ill behave though. :thumbsup:

So what exactly goes on at meets? And is it just modded cars that go along?

I always think it's a little amusing with Bikers when they all meet up at various locations. Despite the hardman image of these guys they meet up somewhere and sit around drinking cups of Tea. Don't get me wrong though most bikers are top people :thumbsup: who in my experience are usually really easy to get on with and always enjoy a good laugh.

muppets racing each other in xr2's and basically lookin like idiots in their combat kitted corsa's!

you couldnt be more right mate.. lol.

ive been to alot of cruises (was even a regular SEC member :D ) and yeah, loads of people acting like ******s. you do get the odd sight to see. i can remember a ferarri 355 donuting alongside a skyline... that was quite special to see. but most cars are saxos/corsas/mkii fiestas. and we all know

fwd + full lock + 6000rpm = a very bad donut....

cruisding is dying anyway, the old bill are really bang on it now. even the legendary southend is fading away...

Some Bikers amuse me, they pass you like a nutter going v.v. fast, then later you see them parked up with there helmets off and they look like chilled out dads, vickers, everyday people, all drinking tea form a theremos. It make me chuckle anywho :D

speaking of bikers. anyone who lives near tesco in beckton. theres a guy down there on a bike, that does some crazy stuff. really worth taking a look. guys name is alex

fwd + full lock + 6000rpm = a very bad donut....

:lol: Can you actually pull off a donut in a FWD car?

I thought you had to have some RWD action. I would have thought 4WD cars have problems doing donuts also.

No ya cant do dounuts in FWD cars, unless ya wanna bang her into reverse and come off the clutch at about 7000rpm, chances are though youd pop a drive shaft. Ive seen 4wd cars doughnutting, well impressive. Once saw a WRC Impreza just pivoting on the same spot, a life changing experience.

To sum it up:

Cruise = clueless ricers with a nasty attitude

Meet = hard workin friendly enthusiasts

Where would you choose to go?

these days? neither. the last cruise i went to was 4 year ago, but iv noticed in max crapper that there are a lot of (i really should be carefull how i word this lol)..... unsavoury characters...lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links