Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis And Mp3 (french)

DUSAYES

OK: Panasonic = Matsu****a.

maybe it's compatible with other-branded changers (Fujitsu, Sony, etc., of course Toyota and Panasonic/Matsu****a).

I suspect that Fujitsu = Panasonic = Matsu****a but I'm not sure.

There are converters (adapters) available for the Fujitsu-TEN unit.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DUSAYES

• yannick

• Ian_chapple13

• maxventu

Just out of interest, has anyone used the Sony CDX T70MX (or te Apline CHA-S634)? I was wondering what the interface was like. Can you navigate a directory structure, or are all the tracks presented sequentially? And how does the head unit deal with so many tracks on a single CD?

Traduction:

Pas interet, y a t'il qqn que a utilisé le Sony CDX T70MX (ou l'Alpine CHA-S634)? Je m'interesse dans l'interface. Peut-on naviguer les repertoires, ou sont toutes les pistes presentées sequentiellement? Et le poste de base: comment gere-t-il tant de pistes sur un seul CD?

You get one huge cd with about 150 tracks which play in order, because the the toyota head unit does not understand the difference between a track and a folder.

I will be getting my convertor tomorrow and i will post up pictures and instructions of how to remove the head unit and fit the changer.It's actually very easy, i had to do it to fit my navigation system.

when i get mine up and running i will be more than happy to get more of the adapters and ship them over to you guys if you have trouble getting them

oh plus i forgot to mention one cool thing is that the changer converts the id3 tags to cd text so the track names do display on the head unit !

OK: Panasonic  = Matsu****a.

maybe it's compatible with other-branded changers (Fujitsu, Sony, etc., of course Toyota and Panasonic/Matsu****a).

I suspect that Fujitsu = Panasonic = Matsu****a but I'm not sure.

There are converters (adapters) available for the Fujitsu-TEN unit.

what it boils down to is that only a handfull of companys make cd changers and the interfaces. Most of the big manufactors will then Badge them as there own and put a different connector lead on them. For example the pin outs on a kenwood are different to a sony changer but if you break in to the lead and re order the pins they work exactly same !

You get one huge cd with about 150 tracks which play in order, because the the toyota head unit does not understand the difference between a track and a folder.

As long as it works :D

I will be getting my convertor tomorrow and i will post up pictures and instructions of how to remove the head unit and fit the changer.It's actually very easy, i had to do it to fit my navigation system.

when i get mine up and running i will be more than happy to get more of the adapters and ship them over to you guys if you have trouble getting them

A kind offer that I might take you up on, and so might Laurent (DUSAYES). :thumbsup:

oh plus i forgot to mention one cool thing is that the changer converts the id3 tags to cd text so the track names do display on the head unit !

Cool!

For example the pin outs on a kenwood are different to a sony changer but if you break in to the lead and re order the pins they work exactly same !

Interesting - you wouldn't happen to have access to wiring diagrams? :blink:

Laurent - je n'ai pas trop de temps ce matin :( . Dis-moi si tu as besoin d'une traduction des messages de Ian, et j'essayerai de le faire ce soir

Good good good.

Ok pour la traduction Yannick. Je me débrouille. Si j'ai bien compris, avec la fameux adaptateur, tout fonctionne....

A priori on va trouver la solution. B)

J'ai hate de voir l'installation de Ian_chapple13.

A+

Laurent

On attend tous pour l'instal de Ian. :D Dès qu'il nous dit que tout va bien, je pense que je vais commander. Je regarderai le site que tu donnes dans ton message.

We're all waiting for Ian's installation. :D As soon as he says that everyting's working, I think that I'll place my order. I'll look at the link that you supplied.

guys very sorry for the long delay in posting but i have been having a nightmare !!!!!

well a bit of bad news im affraid. Although the changer for the new avensis is identical to the old one Toyota supply a special convertor for it to work with the new panasonic head units, Hence my convertor did not fit. I thought i would try and see if i could use the same wires an dmake my own plug only to discover that the lead toyota supply has a convertor box on it which reverses the polarity on all of the data tranmission wires, so even if you wire it up correctly it still wont work without the proper toyota convertor.

SO basicaly the only way we can get it to work is with an official toyota changer and fitting kit which im not going to buy !.

I have taken my changer back to where i got it and got a refund i have now gone down a different route. I have built a tiny pc which plays mp3's & videos for about £300 and used a wireless FM modulator which means i just tune my car radio to it and listen to it that way. It works surprissingly well !

the other cool thing about this is that it transmits up to 40M so if another car is near by it can tune its radio to the same frequency and hear your mp3's(very cool).

if anyone is interted i can post how i built and installed this system, i can also supply the pc's to any who is interested.

Sorry to get your hopes up about the changer but i really thought it was going to work !

SO basicaly the only way we can get it to work is with an official toyota changer and fitting kit which im not going to buy !.

Thanks already for all the time and effort you've been putting in this topic keeping us up to date. I am very sorry (for you as well as for the rest of us) that it didn't work. I'm glad that you've got yourself another solution, but I'm not ready to give up yet...

I have a question: if I can get hold of the Toyota fitting kit, plus the converter for the old Avensis, can I put them both in series to make the Sony fit?

Also (now that you've tried your hand at fitting something) do you know if the connectors on the new Avensis are Panasonic standard? In which case another adapter may work? One made for another car manufacturer that uses Panasonic head units maybe?

I'm still keeping my hopes up to fit a proper MP3 CD changer in my car... :ffs:

Edited: You wouldn't happen to have taken any pictures of the connectors and so on while you were messing around in there?

Edited by yannick

• 2 weeks later...

Salut Laurent,

le NAP me semble interressant, mais je ne suis pas confiant sur la compatibilité. Ils disent tout Toyota sauf certains, mais sans savoir qu'il y a qqn qui a reussi a l'installer je ne l'acheterai pas.

Pour le jukebox c'est dommage qu'il a son propre ecran a lui. C'est une bonne solution, mais comme le tableau de bord est tres net dans l'Avensis, je n'ai pas envie d'ajouter un autre ecran :(

Translation

Hi Laurent,

The NAP seems interesting, but I'm not sure about the compatibility. They say all Toyotas except a few, but without knowing of someone who has successfully installed it, I won't buy.

For the jukebox, it's a shame that it has its own screen. It's a good solution, but as the dashboard on the Avensis is quite clean, I don't like the idea of adding another screen :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** The NAP is NOT compatibe with 2003 Toyota Matrix, Prius, MR2 and 4 Runner.

1998 – 2003 on all models.

Installation notes:

Connect the Toyota cable behind the Radio.

Make sure you set the dip switch in the converter box to the “Toyota” position:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if it is possible to find out about the use operation on toyota vehicles.

Take a look at this picture!!!!!!

nap2.jpg

*NEW ITEM*

The Neo Auxiliary Port Adapter converts your Factory CD Changer controller cable into an RCA Input.

No more need for an FM Modulator. This one revolutionary unit is compatible with most factory automobile CD Changer capable headunits.

* Includes all the cables you need to attach it to your car stereo.

NOTE: If you have a CD Changer installed you will need to detach it as you cannot use the NAP and the Factory Changer at the same time.

I understand that we don't need the remote control. Am I right??

Does all the operation actions are from the build in steering wheel buttons?

Bonjour

Un petit doute pour le NAP : est-ce qu'il permet de contrôler le chargeur avec les commandes au volant ? Les câbles RCA ne font passer que le son, non ?

J'étais chez Toyota la semaine dernière et ils m'ont dit qu'ils allaient bientôt sortir un autoradio ou un chargeur mp3 qui serait utilisable sur tous les modèles sortant à partir de maintenant. Est-ce que l'avensis 2003 est dedans, je n'en sais rien. Quand à moi, avec mon avensis 2002, je n'y pense même pas.

Le responsable pièces détachées m'a parlé d'un fabricant d'adaptateur français dont il a vu une pub dans le magazine Option Tuning. Je n'ai pas encore réussi à trouver ce mag dans les kiosques. Si quelqu'un pouvait vérifier l'info ...

Bye

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

That makes 3 of us, I'm also convinced to play MP3-cds with the standard head unit. A Tuning Guy in Belgium told me this:

Use CD changer interface Toyota=>Sony (640180 109U) from Greenpower(.de?)

I did some research already but can't find more info on the internet.

I'm convinced there is a solution!

=> Check this out !! => (dutch site, interesting photo's)ShowYourSound.nl

After I had seen this I realised that anything is possible!

I keep working on it, and keep you informed.

Should we try this? (Green Power= www.aiv.de)

Take a look at this: CD-interfaces AIV

I found this (in German):

CD-Wechsler Interface

OEM Autoradio Toyota ab 01.96 auf Sony CD-Wechsler.

1 Stück 64 0180

Original Toyota OEM der Hersteller Philips, Fujitsu Ten, Matsu****a

4300/4301/TM 4000/18302/18303/18401/18402/18404/18406/584808/

W54308/58801/58805/58806/58808 je ab 01.96 können mit diesem Interface

an Sony CD-Wechsler mit UNI-LINK-Verbindung angeschlossen werden. Bei einer Wechslerkapazität über 6 CD´s können die nachfolgenden CD´s nicht direkt angewählt werden. Diese werden automatisch nach CD 6 abgespielt!

But nothing about the W53901!

Does this work or is it another dead link?

Come on guys, keep on searching! :thumbsup:

You could take a look at this guy's site. http://www.bortesi.it

I bought a PIE X3 aux input interface from him (Marco) for my Avensis which allows me to plug my hard disk MP3 player into my radio and still have use of my CD Changer. I know that this is not exactly what you are looking for, but he may have a solution for you. I told him what I wanted and he gave me advice on which product would do the job.

He shipped same day from Italy to the UK and postage was very reasonable.

As an aside, I first tried the CONNECTS2 interface which is available in the UK, but although it worked, it replaced my CD Changer and intermittently hung up my radio, so I find the PIE interface vastly superior.

Hope this helps.

Aitcheff.

Sorry to tell you guys, but the AIV-option is another dead link. I emailed them and I got an answer today:

"we have to tell you that the Matsu****a W53901 does not fit for article number 640180 and we do not have an alternative."

By the way, "aitcheff", € 365 is quit a lot of money for a "simple" interface...

How much did you pay yours?

It seems to me that the only option left will be the FM-modulator, but then we have an extra display and no streering wheel controls. :(

I'm going after the "All in one 2-guy" (www.showyoursound.nl). He must have another solution...

Or does anyone else has one???

By the way, "aitcheff", € 365 is quit a lot of money for a "simple" interface...

How much did you pay yours?

I paid €75 including postage. That was for the PIE X3 with Toyota harness.

Aitcheff.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links