Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis And Mp3 (french)

DUSAYES

I think I've got it guys!

Actually, it seems "quite simple"

As simple as 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Let me explain why...

It's all in this forum and you got pretty close!

First of all, Ian wrote:

Just managed to get Toyota to admit that the CD Changer for the Avenesis is the same one scince the 2000 model.

i had a 2001 avensis and now i have a 2004........and believe it or not the CD Changer has the same part no.

Then several postings mentioned that the adapters/interfaces didn't work for the 2003 model but did work for the 2002 and older models.

This means that Toyota uses its own "adapter" to fit the old cd-changer (TM0461 = part n°08601-00911) to the new headunit (W53901)

=>See also (in German) New Toyota Avensis Forum

This is done with a very cheap Toyota "audio cable set" (€ 10.48) with part n°08695-00370

Conclusion:

Headunit + Toyota "audio cable set" + Adaptor/Interface + MP3-changer = WHAT WE WANT :thumbsup:

Am I right ?? :yes:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DUSAYES

• yannick

• Ian_chapple13

• maxventu

Well I hope so.... now that I have my new Avensis, since last Thursday, you can add me to the list of people looking for a solution to this!

As a matter of interest I just spoke to my local Toyota dealer to see if I could glean any information. Pricing, of course, for the official Toyota 6-CD changer is way over the top. The two options I was given were:

1) Dashboard fit CD changer £567

2) Under passenger seat CD changer £442

Both including parts, fitting, VAT.

When I mentioned I had heard that it might be possible to fit a Sony CD changer the chap admitted this should be possible and recommended I speak to my local in-car audio firm (which I had already consulted about 2 months ago when I decided to order the Avensis) - of course he said he could not officially suggest I did this, but this was his personal advice.

When I queried the possibility of this invalidating my 3 year warranty, which does concern me, he said that Toyota would look at this with common sense and you would not invalidate your warranty for something unrelated to the problem. He said it's very common that people change the stereo when they get a new car, and in his experience this had never caused an issue with a warranty being invalidated.

Now that I have the car, I intend to go back to my local car audio firm and see what they can offer. Will post an update when I know anything useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually this thread has missed the point.....

We start discussing about mp3 players and we now talk about cd-changers ;-)

Anyway....

Does anyone find out anything about MP3 Player for our 2003 Avensis??

Thanks!!

OK let's do the miracle:

1) buy an iPOD (or equivalent) mp3 player. If you already have a palm PC like iPAQ or similar, that's fine, if it is equipped with enough storage space (at least 512 MB or a compact flash card or secure digital slot) AND a stereo audio output (mini jack);

2) buy a cassette adapter (to plug the earphone output on the iPOD to the tape deck of the Avensis) :thumbsup:

3) have fun!

mv

• 2 weeks later...

No miracle, I've bought a cassette adapter but the sound is not very good with my dell axim. Still waiting for a miracle...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME I HAVE A TOYOTA AVENSIS 2001 (WITH SAT NAV)I HAVE A MULTI PLUG BY THE SAT NAV BOX IS THIS FOR A CD CHANGER IF SO CAN I GET AN ADAPTER SO MY OLD TOYOTA HDN-120 CD CHANGER WILL FIT OR DOES ANYONE HAVE THE WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THE HDN-120 AND THE TOYOTA FITTING ON THE AVENSIS...PLEASE HELP..CHEERS

This means that Toyota uses its own "adapter" to fit the old cd-changer (TM0461 = part n°08601-00911) to the new headunit (W53901)

=>See also (in German) New Toyota Avensis Forum

This is done with a very cheap Toyota "audio cable set" (€ 10.48) with part n°08695-00370

Conclusion:

Headunit + Toyota "audio cable set" + Adaptor/Interface + MP3-changer = WHAT WE WANTIs this solution usable ? Did you try it?

Is this solution usable? Did somebody try it?

• 7 months later...

Bonjour
Je viens d'acheter une Avensis chez elite auto (-12.5 % et ravi).
Super et superbe voiture.
Seul problème : je cherche à écouter du mp3 dans la voiture. L'autoradio intégré au tableau de bord (excellent) ne lit que des K7 ou CD.
Comment mettre un chargeur MP3 ou disque dur sans utiliser une k7 adaptatrice ou modulateur FM ?
Y-a-il des chargeurs MP3 compatibles avec adaptateur ?
Avez vous des expériences à échanger ?
Merci

Laurent

Bonjour,
meme souci avec une avensis. avez vous pu brancher un ipod sur votre autoradio ?
Merci

Translation for non-French speakers:

Hello, I've just bought an Avensis at Elite Auto (12,5% discount and I'm extremely pleased). Great & fantastic car.
Only one problem: I'd like to listen to MP3 in the car. The (excellent) integrated radio only reads cassettes and CDs.
Is it possible to install an MP3 changer or hard drive without a cassette connector or an FM modulator?
Are there any MP3 changers compatible using an adapter?
Anybody got any experience?
Thanks,
Laurent

Bonjour,
meme souci avec une avensis. avez vous pu brancher un ipod sur votre autoradio ?
Merci