Nicola

19 members have voted

1. 1. What Can I Do On Monday 26th?

• Go to work
    • Have day off work and be lazy
    • Have day off work and cry because I am old
    • Have day off work and pack ready for house move on Fri
    • Something else (give me suggestion)

The moment I have been dreading for a very long time arrives on Monday (my 30th birthday).

Apart from the fact that I still haven't decided how to treat myself, what can I do on the actual day?

BTW, having a major birthday that you want to celebrate and moving house in the same week = a lot of stress, as you know you don't have enough time.

:wacko:

Take the day off work and look for something special for your new house. Needen't be expensive, just something that you wouldn't normally buy yourself. Make it a present to yourself.

In the evening go out for a nice meal (no need to spend too much, just break the routine).

PS - had my 30th a little while back (actually a long while back :( ). As far as I recall it doesn't actually hurt that much. The main event is a modification of perspective where 40 becomes the definition of "old" :D

take the 2 and do a donut on someones garden ya dont like?

:hokus-pokus:

Well Nicola, for my 30th this year I will be spending all of it on a plane :( :crybaby:

My birthday is on April 21st, flight leaves UK on April 20th & gets to New zealand on April 22nd :)

But then I'm starting my thirties how I mean to carry on, with a damn good holiday.

New Zealand then stopovers in Sydney, Los Angeles & New York! :thumbsup:

Anyway many happy returns for the big day on monday :happybday:

Get your fella to take you out for a nice meal, if you havent tried it yet Paparazzi in town is very good! :P

Not so nice but im of to centre parks for my birthday. :(

yeah but they got the best swimmin pool ever! last time i went think i was in for about 7 hours one day, i was nackered and just collapsed in bed and looked like an old prune

:thumbsup:

Not so nice but im of to centre parks for my birthday. :(

yeah but they got the best swimmin pool ever! last time i went think i was in for about 7 hours one day, i was nackered and just collapsed in bed and looked like an old prune

:thumbsup:

Yes I know I go every year it just so happens it falls on my birthday this year, which one did you go to? im off to longleat (again :rolleyes: )

i am suprised Nicola... you do not look 30.. i thought you were in your early 20's!

my 30'th was a bad day.. So i know how it feels

When it comes to B'Days a single day is never enough. Take the week off and have a Birthday Week (Birthweek?). I've always taken the week off when it's my B'Day (I reckon nobody should have to work on their birthday).

BTW. It's my 30th on the 25th Feb. I'm gonna take the week off and enjoy some quality time at home (I've just had a month off and I'm already sick of work on my 2nd day back :lol: ) and I can't wait.

you do not look 30.. i thought you were in your early 20's

I think its time someone got some glasses :P but thanks

Looks like some have the right idea about their 30ths, want to swap?

Glad nobody has suggested going to work (I have already booked the day off).

jaxx, i think i'm right in saying you will have gone to the nottingham forest center parks, and indeed it does have the best pool ever! :thumbsup::lol:

I used to like the freeze plunge pool outside :help: , did it in november once... wow it was cold :eek:

Your a lass, so take time off, go shopping, realise you spent to much, so got to the pub and spend more to take your mind off the fact you spent to much!!!

Happy birthday for monday

go out on the ***** w. ur m8's, and make it look like its some1's hen nite, maybe urs :P

Ur guaranteed to hav a class time.

Either way spend the time w. people that ya care about and can hav a good time with. That's prolly the most satisfying thing there is!

And thirty aint that old (says me who's dreadin that in 10 yrs time, lol).

Hav a gud 1 either way love :thumbsup:

-Z

good day to have a birthday that same day as mine

30 you say thats an easy one i'm 36 this year and thats just to close to 40

i'm having the day of work and going to be lazy (her in doors would prob say lazier than usual)

have a good day i am going to!!

I could also take the day off (call a sicky) and...

:!Removed!: Ooooopppss might be too rude for the forum :!Removed!:

:P

I hope you dont treat your GF like your cars LOL prelude needed a good service :lol::lol::lol:

BTW.. car is fine now!.. zippy!

30 ??? ... ARGH !!

Don't say that !!!

I'm slowly getting closer an closer... it's quite depressing that possibly nearly half of your life has passed..... :unsure:

shhh shhh jim.. lets not have reminders

good piece of advice.. travel the world mate.. do it before your tied down with kids mate..

I hope you dont treat your GF like your cars LOL prelude needed a good service  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

BTW.. car is fine now!.. zippy!

:o I can't beleive you said that Steve :o

I didn't have the time during the short ownership of the Lude long enough to have it serviced :rolleyes:

and as far as my GF is concerned... no comment (I'll get into trouble) :ph34r: