• balli hi

• Bizarra

Snowing here again - still not as bad as down in that other country :P

Good grief.... the Scots can be so racist :o

Sez he with "Can we have Independence for England " in his sig :lol:

Snowing here again - still not as bad as down in that other country :P

Good grief.... the Scots can be so racist :o

Sez he with "Can we have Independence for England " in his sig :lol:

Yes indeed as we would be £billions better off :yes: But at least I can say the words 'Wales' and 'Scotland' ;)

I was out in my car earlier and it was interesting to feel how safe and solid the LC felt on such slippery surfaces :)

It was odd to find the country lanes as clear as they were.... I guess they were better sheltered from the windy conditions and driving snow :huh:

Snowy004.jpg

Snowy001.jpg

Snowing loads in Lutterworth so left work at 4 and was tootling along quite nicely til I came over the M6 into Rugby.... got stuck for over an hour because people just don't know how to cope with weather like this.... :rolleyes:

Bear in mind on a clear day it takes me about 5-10 minutes from the motorway to my house..... :unsure:

Everyone went early from my work, I'm still here waiting for a lorry to turn up from Manchester.. I'm guessing its gonna be 6 foot deep by the time I get to go home!!!

Its awesome here - theres only a few inches but it provided hours of entertainment at uni today :D and i got to wear my wellies so i was well happy :P

My journey to uni was so easy today - there was sod all on the road - i was sat in the lecture theatre at 8.30am! (on my own of course lol) I usually barely make it on time or am late on a monday morning - i wish it would snow more often! :D

Also one of my lectures got cancelled because the lecturer used the snow as an excuse to stay in bed ! Ive had a great day :P

Only downside was the pathetic excuse for a lorry driver i encountered on the way home , he was driving about two inches away from my bumper for about 5 miles on the way home, that is totally dangerous in normal conditions but in snow - thats inexcusable! :angry:

Hi Guys

I have taken some pictures of the snow today, and downloaded them onto my computer.

can anyone tell me How to copy them on to my post ?

Thanks in advance

I Am only able so far to post them in this format, the pictures are of a True English Woodpecker, in my back garden today

Hi Guys

I have taken some pictures of the snow today, and downloaded them onto my computer.

Thanks in advance

I Am only able so far to post them in this format, the pictures are of a True English Woodpecker, in my back garden today

Hi buddy, google for photobucket which is a hosting site which gives you your album to drop pics in, once done you will be given hosting codes which will allow you to post the code/pics to any site you wish including TOC, hope this has been of some use.

PS its free.

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance

Hi buddy, google for photobucket which is a hosting site which gives you your album to drop pics in, once done you will be given hosting codes which will allow you to post the code/pics to any site you wish including TOC, hope this has been of some use.

PS its free.

Thanks mate

i realy appreciate that :thumbsup:

I have just seen the weather forecast and it appears that our northern friends are due for a bad time with heavy snow heading their way :(

Stay safe everyone :huh:

Looking out the window up here in a northern country........ and theres been no more snow. It was kind of raining last night so some of its gone away, but still a fair bit lying. However its colder so wondering how much of it is ice now....? Will find out soon enough when we try to get the boss to work!

Last night was bad on the roads as the gritters seemed to have stopped by 6pm!

You have Gritters ? :eek:

In last night's paper the County Council said that they had been out. The Police @ the many minor accidents said there was no sign of grit :censor:

2411662225a10016528501l.jpg

All schools closed today, but it's not snowed all morning/day! lol

Nice car - like its coat!!

I have just seen the weather forecast and it appears that our northern friends are due for a bad time with heavy snow heading their way :(

No more here today, it's been a really lovely, mild day. Still snow on the hills, but there's very little left in town.

All schools closed today, but it's not snowed all morning/day! lol

It must be so annoying being a mum. Demanding a big 4x4 to get the kids to school in - then, when the snow comes and it's the sort of weather where a 4x4 would actually be in its element, schools are closed as nobody can get there.

Rumbled methinks !

Oh no,

Just when i thought we had seen the last of the snow for now, the forcasters are saying that London and the South East plus East Anglia are due to get potentially 10 inches of snow through tonight, thursday and friday, whilst the kids are loving it, its causing chaos, with the vast majority of roads still not gritted, no pavements at all gritted, and people slipping and falling over left right and centre.

It will be interesting to see what will happen if we do get the amount of snow that is forcast, because it will settle on top of what is now 3 inches of ice on the pavements and side roads, many people ignored the warnings on monday not to go out or travel unless absolutely necessary and there were accidents galore, i sincerely hope people take more care this time,.... Take care, keep safe.

Think this is bad? How about the days when the Thames froze over, regularly, to such an extent that people could skate & hold parties on the ice?

I think that was in the 1700s- no electricity or central heating :no:

No records would have been kept, but I wonder how many beggars & homeless died from exposure :unsure:

Think this is bad? How about the days when the Thames froze over, regularly, to such an extent that people could skate & hold parties on the ice?

No records would have been kept, but I wonder how many beggars & homeless died from exposure :unsure:

I didn't think you were that old :D

I didn't think you were that old :D

SHUSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush::wheelchair: :lol2:

Oh no,

Just when i thought we had seen the last of the snow for now, the forcasters are saying that London and the South East plus East Anglia are due to get potentially 10 inches of snow through tonight, thursday and friday....

I thought we were in for an easier time with rain only.... I have not seen a forecast today so please tell me you are joking :unsure:

EDIT.... Having checked the BBC weather forecast I now know you are joking.... you are evil :disgust:

On a nicer note.... I found a car park today with just a couple of tyre tracks :P I was surprised just how tail happy I could get the LC :thumbsup:

i hope i dont get snowed in at uni 2moz!!

got lots of snowy pictures to post including a giant snow man! but my pc is having issues!! will post them asap!!!

we still have loads of snow here, the side roads are un gritted and no go areas :(

and having just seen the weather forecast, they have given us a severe weather warning of snow

starting early hours of tomorrow morning :eek: :shutit: :help: