• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JappyBeast

• Phoenix999

• balli hi

• Bizarra

Oh no,

Just when i thought we had seen the last of the snow for now, the forcasters are saying that London and the South East plus East Anglia are due to get potentially 10 inches of snow through tonight, thursday and friday....

I thought we were in for an easier time with rain only.... I have not seen a forecast today so please tell me you are joking :unsure:

EDIT.... Having checked the BBC weather forecast I now know you are joking.... you are evil :disgust:

On a nicer note.... I found a car park today with just a couple of tyre tracks :P I was surprised just how tail happy I could get the LC :thumbsup:

Hi Steve

I saw two seperate weather reports predicting snow of up to 10 inches, they showed a weather front moving in from the south which was carrying rain, but by the time it reached us it would turn to snow because of the sub zero temperatures, however the temperature here in the south has rissen a few degrees, hence the rain, that is falling now, ( thank god ) however the last report i heard was that driving conditions could be hazardous tomorrow morning, due to the rain freezing over night and turning to ice.

I do take an interest in the weather, because i drive for a living, and adverse weather conditions dictate wether i go out or not, and like you i hate it when we have heavy snow, making driving hazardous,

Fingers crossed we have seen the last of the snow for this year :thumbsup:

Here are my pictures of the snow on monday

Including my son Dan & his mate, Stamford the Snowman

IMGP1116.jpg

IMGP1120.jpg

IMGP1122.jpg

IMGP1124.jpg

IMGP1125.jpg

IMGP1127.jpg

IMGP1128.jpg

IMGP1130.jpg

IMGP1132.jpg

Been working from home today as it was impossible to get to work this morning..........(Jackknifed lorries)

I feel sorry for those guys trying to handle a heavy artic in such atrocious weather conditions..............Respect :)

Well we decided not to let the snow go to waste yesterday and built half a snow/ice man because the snow was a bit crispy - if we'd just waited another day we could have built a huge one! doh! :rolleyes:

Didnt manage to get to uni today - coming back from robs this morning took me an hour and its only four miles! Managed to put the mr2 in a ditch and hit a bollard aswell - completely lost grip on a bend down a hill :( The car was fine - the valence on the bottom was bent but just popped back out again - the bollard wasnt so lucky lol - flattened it oops :!Removed!: At least the mr2 is bollard-proof lol

Needless to say i havent been back out in the car again today!

took an hour and a half to do a 35min journey this morning!

got to uni and only 10 people turned up out of the 70 that should have been there!!!!

....Fingers crossed we have seen the last of the snow for this year :thumbsup:

It seems not.... today I saw a 'Severe Weather Warning' from the Met Office. These get sent to me at work as part of my duties with the council.

We here have a 60% chance of 2 to 4 inches of snow tomorrow :(

Another problem is that a forecast shows that it may well make a further return on Monday :( :(

It seems we did not see the last of it yesterday :(

i woke up today and was greeted by around 5 to 6 inchs of snow :o

it started to thaw a little only to be topped up all day.

roads were very quite on my way into work i guess most people decided to take a duvet day ;)

it was very slippy out there, my other half Mark has had loads of fun :yahoo:

drifting his post office bike :scooter: he told me he had "good snow" :lol:

Oh no,

Just when i thought we had seen the last of the snow for now, the forcasters are saying that London and the South East plus East Anglia are due to get potentially 10 inches of snow through tonight, thursday and friday, whilst the kids are loving it, its causing chaos, with the vast majority of roads still not gritted, no pavements at all gritted, and people slipping and falling over left right and centre.

It will be interesting to see what will happen if we do get the amount of snow that is forcast, because it will settle on top of what is now 3 inches of ice on the pavements and side roads, many people ignored the warnings on monday not to go out or travel unless absolutely necessary and there were accidents galore, i sincerely hope people take more care this time,.... Take care, keep safe.

Tell me about it, I nearly slipped numerous times walking in Romford today! It was extremely dangerous.

On Monday, I couldn't even get to work and the ones that did got to leave at 2pm. Even today a lot of other offices in the Midlands and in Surrey and surrounding area's had to close as no-one could get to work.

....Fingers crossed we have seen the last of the snow for this year :thumbsup:

It seems not.... today I saw a 'Severe Weather Warning' from the Met Office. These get sent to me at work as part of my duties with the council.

We here have a 60% chance of 2 to 4 inches of snow tomorrow :(

Another problem is that a forecast shows that it may well make a further return on Monday :( :(

Yeah saw that too, will be interesting to see if any snow does fall here in Essex again.

Tell me about it, I nearly slipped numerous times walking in Romford today! It was extremely dangerous.
It's strange how for anyone under 10 years old snow, mud, rain, puddles etc are all fun things to be used as play items. For anyone over a certain age they become dangerous, dirty and things to avoid at all costs.

If it wasn't for the grandchildren I would probably be in the "be careful in the dangerous conditions" camp, but when you see how much fun these things can be you change your mind.

Have fun and be safe :D

I am in the "Be careful in dangerous conditions" camp.......................But it did not stop me from getting a cracked front bumper this morning :rolleyes: .............Grrr :crybaby:

I am in the "Be careful in dangerous conditions" camp.......................But it did not stop me from getting a cracked front bumper this morning :rolleyes: .............Grrr :crybaby:

Don't you mean Dam(n) :ffs:

I feel blessed that I havent slammed my rims or cracked my Border nose!

I'd have thought that you'd fit a scutty set of 'winter wheels' to prevent such an occasion !

I feel blessed that I havent slammed my rims or cracked my Border nose!

I'd have thought that you'd fit a scutty set of 'winter wheels' to prevent such an occasion !

Sold them when I moved house!

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't have it nearly as badly as you did in the UK. We did get some serious stuff in places though.

Today, here, was like the 1st day of Spring :thumbsup: Sunshine, relatively warm, birds coughing in the trees, etc.

Tomorrow ? Who knows ?:unsure: