Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Iq Diesel

adilmon

NEWSFLASH-

Toyota have a service data sheet for a 1.4 diesel IQ. If you believe there’s no smoke without fire, then expect an oil burning IQ, using the 1ND-TV diesel engine currently residing in the latest Yaris.

The 1ND-TV TOYOTA D-4D (Direct injection 4 stroke common-rail Diesel) engine is an in-line, 4-cylinder, 1. 4-liter, 8-valve SOHC turbocharged diesel engine with intercooler. 88bhp and 190 Nm of torque

Weighing less than 900kg, expect a 0-60mph under 10 seconds (by comparison the 90bhp Audi A2 weighing in at 1000kg has a 0-60mph of 10.5 sec)

Remember where you heard it first! :D

Yes there is a diesel iQ, but not for the UK though... it will only be offered in select European markets! We’re not one of them :huh:

Remember where you heard that first!

:thumbsup:

Don't quote me but I think we get one in about 12 months, Can't remember where I saw that but we will get it eventually

Kingo :thumbsup:

I like this diesel engine. Common rail, variable geometry turbo, timing chain (not belt), If it had auto adjusting valve clearance it would be perfect by virtue of ultra low maintenance. It is difficult to make a short wheel base car aerodynamic though.

I think Mr T learnt that a diesel version needs a significant 0-60 improvement over the petrol, else poor sales will kill it like the diesel Aygo

Don't quote me but I think we get one in about 12 months, Can't remember where I saw that but we will get it eventually

Can’t see it happening here myself...

• 10 months later...
I like this diesel engine. Common rail, variable geometry turbo, timing chain (not belt), If it had auto adjusting valve clearance it would be perfect by virtue of ultra low maintenance. It is difficult to make a short wheel base car aerodynamic though.

I think Mr T learnt that a diesel version needs a significant 0-60 improvement over the petrol, else poor sales will kill it like the diesel Aygo

What killed the Diesel Aygo was a french engine with cambelt, not the true D4-D engine in the Yaris.....

Citroen still do the C1 in that engine and yes it does have a cambelt....

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t see it happening here myself...

i agree mate ^^^^^^^^^ i was on the iq course when it first came out they told us about the diesel but also said we will never see the iq diesel on the uk market.

only thing deisels are good for is cement mixers :P

(oh yes and these noisy gits of milkmen who waken you up at 5 in the morning with their clack clack clack clacking deisel vans) :censor:

I was in/with my iQ Diesel "running" through UK, south, north and west and then back to Bavaria.

You can not see the Diesel-iQ they are sooooo fast. :yahoo: