Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Navigation Problem With Tns700 Unit

Norwegian

The GPS isn't quite calibrated right. The vehicle seems to be 20m ahead of the navigation map and none of the recalibrating-functions in the menu work . How to I fix this problem if possible?

did you recently change tyres? (if so seee p111 in the Nav system manual)

Well, no.

And without finding my manual, I guess your refeering to the calibration-function for tire change?!

This doesn't help and the manual way of calibrating your GPS resets itself because its only for use where there is no GPS receptions.

I do remember though that the GPS were spot on when my car was new :(

Hi

The GPS signals are received from American Satellite's which were put in place for military use. As this is still the primary use for them the American military have the ability to bend the signals at will, if they have done this in your area for some reason, then this will be the problem.

The Toyota satnav has no way to compensate for this, all you can do is wait and see what happens.

20m accuracy is not that bad in some (satellite reception) conditions but I get much better than 10m..

You might want to have a look at

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90363

which gets you into the diagnostic menus,... Using them (you might need to try various options and it isn't very user friendly..) you can get a GPS satellite menu which tells you how many satellites are being received etc.. if you are seeing not many that might explain why it is not accurate...

(Or, of course, the maps Toyota supply may be inaccurate - ie the GPS signal is accurate and says where you are but the map is wrong.. Is it always 20m out (I assume you mean metres..) or just on one bit of road ??)

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links