Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crunched Avensis

davemh

I had my nice Avensis CDX bent the other day by some kind sole, :angry: probably beyond economic repair so it looks as if I will need a replacement. Any information on Avensis diesels ( say 4y old) would be welcome as it may be the time to consider a bit more economy with, if possible, reasonable performance.

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about your, erm, incident...

I have 2 Avensi. Both (06 plates) are 2.2l D4D T3X. I bought them a year apart. I have the Tourer and the wife has the hatch.

I realy love them both. The t3x is perhaps the best value with most of the gadgets. The t3S takes these gadgets away and reduces the level of trim quality and in return gives you an expensive (and mediocre) sat-nav. Fine if you think you going to use it a lot, but then, buy a t3x and a decent tom-tom (or something) thats easy to upgrade later and about a 10th of the cost.

Frankly, when it comes to Diesel v petrol, I am no longer convinced about any savings. 10p difference in fuel cost is outrageous. I get about 500 miles on a 60l tank of diesel. Winter that equates to 38mpg and summer 44 mpg on the combined cycle (according to the on board computer). Toyota quoted figures say 47mpg btw. Still, I guess there is a lower annual duty on diesel £135 (i think?), so its not all bad.

The 2.2l over the 2l has Vehicle Stability Control which is a combined effect of traction control and ABS. 2l only has ABS. Also 2.2 has 6 speed (maybe later 2l models may have 6 speeds also?)

BHP is 148 on a 2.2 which is pretty punchy. If you used to a petrol, you will get used to a shorter gearing and lower revving in the diesels. I dont feel much turbo lag in either of my cars - just a nippy progression from the start.

Dont much like the auto wipers, but its a very mior point on what i consider to be a great car.

The new Avensis looks kinda like the Lexus styling. Perhpas one of these fits your budget?

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you want to know about anything specific....

S

I also have a '06 T3-x and is a great car.

Mine is the 2.0l D4-D, has Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Control and of course ABS. It also has a 6 speed gearbox to keep the revs down at higher speeds.. 80mph = 2100 rpm. The onboard computer is abit short of what I get mpg wise. According to the computer I only 47.6mpg whereas when I worked it out properly I actually got 51.4mpg.

Car tax for mine is at present is £120 going up to £125 in April whereas the 2.2l D4-D '06 is £145 at the moment going upto £150 in April. I checked all this out before getting mine :D

I agree with the previous post about the autowipers.. they are abit of a pain but I can live with that.

I would say it really depends on what age car your looking at and if you want petrol or diesel. There's plenty of info on the internet about these cars so the choice is yours.

Thanks for your inputs, most helpful, Assessor called to confirm my fears, so it's a search for a replacement next week, hope weather is not too rough. Thanks again D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links