Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

bad noise in your Corolla

spwolf

Ok,

some of you have complained that corolla makes a lot of noise, especially @ bad roads...

I just discovered that the main cause of this is back registration plate - since Corolla has only two screw holes for registration plates, and none at the bottom of the plate, what happens is registration plate vibrates and hits the actual metal of the back door... this makes a lot of noise...

For you that have plastic registration covers, this is most likely a cause of all of your annoying sounds in corolla... just add some material behind registration plate so it does not hit the metal when vibrating and everything should be ok...

Now, corolla still makes some sounds, but only if you hit extreme holes or go over laying policemen at great speeds...

just FYI

With in a few Days of gettint my Corolla T Sport, changed toe plates to put my own number on, I used double sdied tape, stuck 2 strips of this to the back of the plate and then before you put it back of the car, by put your hands on and off the tape a few times you take way some it's stickyness this allows easy removal later should you need to.

Do I get a Blue Peter Badge for this. ;)

spwolf,

you're the Master !:D

I was very annoyed by the rattle of the rear registration plate when closing the trunk. I will check this out...

heh, if you did not fix it yet, it is probably the cause of rattles that you were complaining about previously...

btw... you asked me once - stereos in Corolla are made by Panasonic

• 2 weeks later...

What i did was stuck two hard foam pieces under the number plates and since then there has been no rattling sound....

It absorbs all the rattling sound emitted by the number plate........

Try it out, it works..........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links