Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

06 56 Xt3 Remote Key

56xt3rav4

Hi all,

New here :D , sorry if its been asked before!

Just purchased a 56 plate xt3 2.0 vvti, it only came with one key and I need another! dealers want £150 odd as i'm sure you all know, so am looking for a used one maybe? eBay seems a popular place for these and heard others bought and re programmed them themselves.

How do I know I am getting the right transponder though?? my key Has 2 buttons, open/lock nothing fancy and has Denso 12bby on, does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced additional remote key from please.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Hi there. Welcome to the mad house. :)

I am surprised noone from the knowledgeable lot replied yet, it is usually a really friendly bunch here. Maybe they are all having fun in the snow. :)

On second thought, it is probably that nobody wants to break the bad news. Every time this came up, the answer was that MrT may be the only way to go. Only other thing I can think of... If my memory serves me, someone mentioned a company that offered a service of replacing /reprogramming the ECU of the car to match it up with key(s), and that worked out a little cheaper... Although this may be a bit drastic, as you have one key that works. I may be mistaken and this may not apply to your model. I'm affraid you’ll have to search the forum.

Talking about keys, I came across a couple of possibly interesting things recently: Remotes - item number 220354425417 on that ever so popular auction site. The buttons look differently aligned to my key, though... so maybe a RAV 4.2 item... Maybe someone else will chip in an answer to this too.

And "key casings" may be useful to someone with a scuffed / broken key too:

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.714

* Please note that neither of these is endorsement by me. I have never bought these products or anything else from either of these two shops/individuals, just stumbled upon them...

So, these two combined may take care of the remote locking and physical key, but the immobiliser is still a problem so probably no use to you. But it may be of use to someone else or anyone searching the forum in the future... :)

Good luck. And sorry I don’t have any better news.

Hi all,

New here :D , sorry if its been asked before!

Just purchased a 56 plate xt3 2.0 vvti, it only came with one key and I need another! dealers want £150 odd as i'm sure you all know, so am looking for a used one maybe? ebay seems a popular place for these and heard others bought and re programmed them themselves.

How do I know I am getting the right transponder though?? my key Has 2 buttons, open/lock nothing fancy and has Denso 12bby on, does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced additional remote key from please.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

I am equally surprised no one has answered you but try THIS LINK Which should give you some relative info, sorry i have never had to have a replacement key, but was once stood behind someone at toyota reception, who nearly fainted when told the price,, good luck mate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links