Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Speakers Amped

Panzerbjorn

lo all,

Ive been told to either mount the amp under the front passenger seat or to put it in the boot. What i need to know is, if i put it in the boot am i going to lose sound quality from the extra length of cable needed to go from the HU to the boot and back to the front?

Cheerz

Panzer

I doubt you lose any sound quality when fitting the amp in the boot. But not 100% sure!

I still have my 4 standard Speakers in my 52 Corolla T3, but have a 250W amp powering them as well as two tweeters. No distortions in sound, no loss of quality at all.

Personally, I prefer amp installs in the boot, leaving the front two seats clear for additional items (CD changer, Navigation, HardDrive, DVD player etc), that may require access from time to time. I actually need a 3rd front seat as both mine have items under them ;) :P

Show off Atik :P , loaded under the front seats...lol

Have you sorted out the boot space yet??? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

---------------------------

Having an amp installed in the boot, won't lose too much quality, providing you have quality cabling and have run the cables correctly :thumbsup:

Bing

:thumbsup:

If you use decent cable you will not loose any sound quality regardless of where the amp is. but if you use cheap nasty cable then you can only expect to get a cheap and nasty sound!

The most common reason for poor sound quality when amping Speakers is from power interference, to avoid this make sure you run the amp power cable down one side of the car or under the carpet in the middle of the car and the RCA cables down the other side.

Also make sure that the earth has a good contact on part of the chaise of the car and that the earth cable is not two long.

Loaded under the front seats, indeed :P

Just managed to locate a couple of Kenwood MD changers, but they don't support MDLP, so I will be stuck with normal audio on the disks. So have now decided to go for the new Kenwood Keg Hard-drive system so I can get ALL my music in one place, AND is easy to update with new music that I have 'purchased' from the internet ;)

---------------------------------------------------------

About the sound quality thing, I used some pretty expensive wiring for my system... cant remember prices now, but at the time I definitely remember thinking 'DAMN, that is expensive, but what the heck, I'll do it, as long as I get crystal clear sound'.

One other thing, does it make any difference as to what brand amplifier you use? I used to have a budget SPLX amplifier to power my standard Speakers, and noticed a huge difference when I installed a Kenwood amp. Also noticed that the SPLX amp was powering the left side Speakers more than the right, so I was getting uneven sound levels. Confusing, but all sorted now B)

as said before use some decent cable and youll not loose any quality, locate them away from power cables too to prevent interfearence

Ok cheers guys, the boot it is!

Thanks also for that tip on putting the RCA down the other side of the car to the other cables, i didnt realise that. Ive got my sub amped with the cables running down the same side, when i wire in the second amp ill swap them over :D

Panzer