Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4 Questions

VXTim

We are currently looking to get a Rav 4 mainly as a daily runner for my other half, but also to cart the Old English Sheepdogs around in, but have a few questions:

How much are RAV 4 tyres - for a decent spec? :thumbsup:

Is the 4 wheel drive system on the 2.0 engines good? i.e. has anyone had the RAV4 off road? How about the snow? :eek:

What MPG can I be looking at getting from the 2.0 engine? :yahoo:

Thanks very much ! :rolleyes:

We are currently looking to get a Rav 4 mainly as a daily runner for my other half, but also to cart the Old English Sheepdogs around in, but have a few questions:

Is the 4 wheel drive system on the 2.0 engines good? i.e. has anyone had the RAV4 off road? How about the snow? :eek:

theres a lot of posts on here re tyres - you get what you pays for. I think they price from £50 altho there are cheaper

off-road - good performance but as usual will depend on what tyre you use. The suspension configuration allows reasonable off-road capability/green laning.

Read some of the posts about the blizzards this week and you'll see that RAV owners do well.

And the mpg is also figured in various posts here. Depends on how you drive!! I get 22mpg but then thats racing!!

So you can't fit 2 old english sheep dogs in the boot of your VX220 then Tim?... :lol:

Ravs are cracking cars - so go for it!.....

Interestingly they also do a model called the 'VX' as well, however unlike 'our' VX's they are top spec and the heater is superb.. :D

So you can't fit 2 old english sheep dogs in the boot of your VX220 then Tim?... :lol:

Ravs are cracking cars - so go for it!.....

Interestingly they also do a model called the 'VX' as well, however unlike 'our' VX's they are top spec and the heater is superb.. :D

lol. Ive seen the VX model. Great! Do you have one? Had one of the dogs in the passenger seat of the VX220 before but regretted it afterwards. Got a lot of attention though.

We carry two Flatcoats in the boot of our RAV, no problem particuarly if you put the seatbacks of the rear seats upright. They also like it if you take the tonneau cover out ;).

Fabulous in the snow - very sure-footed and safe. We also tow a trailer along forestry tracks to collect logs, drag our caravan off muddy campsites, even forded a river recently (between 20 and 30 cms deep, fast-flowing, and several hundred yards wide - too exciting!) - all without any problems. Obviously it has not got the ground clearance or capability of a Defender on Landcruiser, but it has advantages (£) that they do not!

I have the D4D so can't comment on the 2.0 mpg, I'm afraid.

30 mpg normally which can drop to 27 around town

You will get 2 dogs in

we went to Scotland in the VX Rav for 2 weeks - 1900 miles. 3 adults, two kids and two dogs, roof box and all the suitcases no problem

Well...we purchased our RAV 4 last night. Its a 53 Reg, 5 Door 2 litre Grey XT3.

Looking forward to picking her up on Sunday.

Lets hope we have a nice Summer for camping and lots of walking!