Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso Airbag Key

roadsterstu

Hi all,

Got our 06 diesel TR last week and so far we're chuffed to bits with it. We bought from a friend who is emigrating. We got the two remote, insertable "keys" but I note that there is a key-operated lock in the driver's door, presumably for emergency locking and unlocking and also the passenger airbag deactivation switch needs a key. The handbook refers to the key also. However, our friend didn't supply the key, despite giving us everything else, including all bills, books, etc. Have checked with him and he says he doesn't recall ever having one. He bought it as an ex-demo from Lister's of Coventry when it was only a few months old.

Any ideas where I could get a new key without resorting to main dealer prices? I assume there is no electronics involved, as it is only to lock/umlock in an emergency and to turn the switch for the airbag. Even a basic metal key blank would do. I have the little metal tag on the spare key, with the key number, so should be able to get one cut. I've tried eBay, with no luck so far.

Thanks

Stu

'06 06 Verso 2.2 D-4D TR

Hi all,

Got our 06 diesel TR last week and so far we're chuffed to bits with it. We bought from a friend who is emigrating. We got the two remote, insertable "keys" but I note that there is a key-operated lock in the driver's door, presumably for emergency locking and unlocking and also the passenger airbag deactivation switch needs a key. The handbook refers to the key also. However, our friend didn't supply the key, despite giving us everything else, including all bills, books, etc. Have checked with him and he says he doesn't recall ever having one. He bought it as an ex-demo from Lister's of Coventry when it was only a few months old.

Any ideas where I could get a new key without resorting to main dealer prices? I assume there is no electronics involved, as it is only to lock/umlock in an emergency and to turn the switch for the airbag. Even a basic metal key blank would do. I have the little metal tag on the spare key, with the key number, so should be able to get one cut. I've tried Ebay, with no luck so far.

Thanks

Stu

'06 06 Verso 2.2 D-4D TR

I think you will find that the key required is the IGNITION key. I know it was on my last Corolla.

Hi all,

Any ideas where I could get a new key without resorting to main dealer prices? I assume there is no electronics involved, as it is only to lock/umlock in an emergency and to turn the switch for the airbag. Even a basic metal key blank would do. I have the little metal tag on the spare key, with the key number, so should be able to get one cut. I've tried Ebay, with no luck so far.

Thanks

Stu

'06 06 Verso 2.2 D-4D TR

I think you will find that the key required is the IGNITION key. I know it was on my last Corolla.

Hi! No, not the ignition key, the Verso doesn't have a standard ignition key - you insert the remote fob into the dash and push the start button. But there must be a key which operates the driver's door lock and the airbag switch in the side of the dash. I'll give Lister's a call tomorrow.

Hi

And here is a picture if you are not too sure, just move the little switch on the top away from the key and it will pull out, it's a bit fiddly....

04022009170.jpg

Pete

The key part of the remote is also handy for releasing the centre seat belt in row 2 when you want to stow it in the roof. All is is explained in the owners handbook.

Ah ha! Thanks very much - and yes, you are right -I should have read the handbook a little more closely... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help - especially the photo.

Stu

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links