Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Tuning

sweetas

Hi, ive just got myself a 2002 celica vvti 140. can anyone suggest the best type of engine tuning parts to get a little more power??? Can the ecu be remapped? or is it best to go for the induction system etc.

Many Thanks.

The 140 is tuned as best as it can be really as stock. Not many palces remap Toyotas from what I've seen, but if you do or get a piggy back/replacement ECU you'll only get about a 9% max increase.

If you fit an induction kit, I don't you'll get a decent increase, though if you fancy a FREE induction kit just disconnect the vacuum hose.

If you want more power from a Celica, the best option is to get a 190 to be honest.

not really, the 140 engine is favoured for turbo charging, obviously at a cost, if you get someone to fit& map a piggy back then make sure they understand that Toyota ECU's use fuel trims so will tune out a bad map, this is why Uni-Chips are no good, but if you asked me i wouldn't even fit one to a punto lol.

it purely depends on your budget as i know of a 140 engine that has been supercharged and came out with 250 bhp, at a cost you could too lol

If you fit an induction kit, I don't you'll get a decent increase, though if you fancy a FREE induction kit just disconnect the vacuum hose.

sorry but does the 190 have a vacuum hose. and what hapens when u remove it. im jus after the noise of an induction kit.

remove the butterfly valve, do a search it should come up, if you do do it, make sure you plug the hose up with something otherwise you'll have a constant orange light up on your dash

not really, the 140 engine is favoured for turbo charging, obviously at a cost, if you get someone to fit& map a piggy back then make sure they understand that Toyota ECU's use fuel trims so will tune out a bad map, this is why Uni-Chips are no good, but if you asked me i wouldn't even fit one to a punto lol.

it purely depends on your budget as i know of a 140 engine that has been supercharged and came out with 250 bhp, at a cost you could too lol

What sort of a price are you talking to supercharge a 140?

Just thought I'd point out too, there's loads of info on Celica Club about the de-butterfly mod. But it's not recommended on a 190 as they don't like it and bog down a little.

Just thought I'd point out too, there's loads of info on Celica Club about the de-butterfly mod. But it's not recommended on a 190 as they don't like it and bog down a little.

ok thanks mate i wont bother with tht then lol