Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Front Passenger Side Lower Wishbone

Neil Barker

Some prat was on a collision course with my car today, so in avoiding him, I ended up banging my passenger wheel against a curb.

Took it to National Tyres in Burton on Trent, who I know well, to see what they could do - resultant damage is the lower wishbone is slightly bent :(

They couldn't obtain a pattern part, as Toyota apparently haven't released the design yet (!?) so I'm limited to a Toyota one. There are none in stock, apparently and I'm quoted a delivery date of 14th February!

This is ridiculous - any suggestions?

Hi,

I take it your model is a 2003+ . They are available on eBay for MK1 & Mk 2 on eBay. There is one c/w ball joint. Item number: 270302363770 @£33.99 + £11.99 delivery.

I was always advised, it's better to change both sides at th same time, but it's your call IF you take a 2nd from them, the carriage is £6. £17.99 is expensive, but it's still cheap comparedwith others or Mr T's parts.

Or carparts-direct.co.uk have @ £56.99 + delivery per corner

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Marama

Hi,

I take it your model is a 2003+ . They are available on Ebay for MK1 & Mk 2 on Ebay. There is one c/w ball joint. Item number: 270302363770 @£33.99 + £11.99 delivery.

I was always advised, it's better to change both sides at th same time, but it's your call IF you take a 2nd from them, the carriage is £6. £17.99 is expensive, but it's still cheap comparedwith others or Mr T's parts.

Or carparts-direct.co.uk have @ £56.99 + delivery per corner

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Marama

Thankyou VERY VERY MUCH!

My car is January 2008, so MKII obviously and whilst the Avensis has been 'facelifted', the suspension won't have changed will it?

I'll ring Carparts Direct tomorrow morning and see what they can do - they happen to be only 12 miles from here!

If this works, I owe you a pint :D

I rang Carparts Direct this morning and they haven't got any stock - "it's a new part".

The eBay one is looking like the one I'll get, but before I do, can anyone confirm definitely that a lower wishbone for an Avensis 2003 on will fit mine - namely a January 2008 registered Avensis hatch TR 2.2TD ?

I don't see any reason why not as even though it is a 'facelift' version, the suspension should surely be the same?

Thanks.

I rang Carparts Direct this morning and they haven't got any stock - "it's a new part".

The Ebay one is looking like the one I'll get, but before I do, can anyone confirm definitely that a lower wishbone for an Avensis 2003 on will fit mine - namely a January 2008 registered Avensis hatch TR 2.2TD ?

I don't see any reason why not as even though it is a 'facelift' version, the suspension should surely be the same?

Thanks.

The facelift had suspension revisions to improve ride and handling - so wishbone 'might' be different

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2006/05/2007-...t-official.html

'The new Avensis also delivers improved handling and ride, thanks to a series of detail revisions in the steering and suspension systems. '

However I'd maybe get a second opinion; as in the past quick fit places have told me I needed exhaust changing - when it didn't

and in my earlier naive years, was told that the whole exhaust needed replacing on my 1.5 year old car - muggings

The Ebay one is looking like the one I'll get, but before I do, can anyone confirm definitely that a lower wishbone for an Avensis 2003 on will fit mine - namely a January 2008 registered Avensis hatch TR 2.2TD ?

Thanks.

As mentioned in a previous post, I can get you a genuine one within a couple of days ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, the suspension arm arrived and it was then found that I also needed a new lower balljoint which attaches to said arm. Hence I had to wait for the balljoint to arrive. It's now fitted, with absolutely brilliant service from National Tyres in Burton on Trent and my car is *finally* back on the road, almost 2 week's later....

• 3 months later...

I have a 1999 Avensis 1.8 GS Auto that also requires the replacement of (both) front lower suspension arms, which I've managed to source from online breakers.

Refering to the Haynes manual for this task reveals that on automatics the front subframe has to be removed to access the left front wishbone for removal and replacement.

My question: Has anyone here attempted this job, and if so, have you managed it without the removal of the subframe? Any tips and hints gratefully received.

milosh :D