Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Flywheel

andye

;) hello everyone , can anyone tell if there is any way of checking if my 02 d4d avesis has a dual or a single mass flywheel . The clutch has been playing up lately ,biteing right at the bottom of the pedal stroke making gear changing difficult .the car has now developed an occasional vibration and rattle (only noticable on tick over or going slowly in low gear ) which goes off when the clutch pedal is depressed

do you know if this can be convarted to single mass . is it expensive ?

To andye,

Yes it can be converted to solid steel flywheel. But due to nature of the engine & the way power (power pulses) is delivered it is not recommended & many Forum Users would suggest you stay well clear of it. Toyota amongst a multitude of car-makers use this system now on their diesel engines with many different names for system. Many different well known companies (see your local motor factor) will supply solid flywheel kit. Or stick with DMF, but purchase well known brand name kit from factors & save a bundle over Toyota price.

I live in a different part of the world to the UK. We take a completely different view to DMF's in these parts.

Regards, Beagh.

;) hello everyone , can anyone tell if there is any way of checking if my 02 d4d avesis has a dual or a single mass flywheel . The clutch has been playing up lately ,biteing right at the bottom of the pedal stroke making gear changing difficult .the car has now developed an occasional vibration and rattle (only noticable on tick over or going slowly in low gear ) which goes off when the clutch pedal is depressed

sorry mate yours has the dual mass troublesome one. only the 2.2 has the good one and the 2.2 also has a timing chain.

best of luck

sorry mate yours has the dual mass troublesome one. only the 2.2 has the good one and the 2.2 also has a timing chain.

best of luck

cheers mate . its off to the workshop tomorrow , sourced a flywheel and clutch kit for under £4oo so not as painfull as i first thought .