Corolla...removing Radio And Installing Cd Changer

corolla19

Hi man-bing

had a look at your install very nice, I am in the process of ripping out

and starting again going to replace the rockfords with 2X10" W7`s

want to know where you got the trim around the radio from

the thing that my dealer gave me looks so cr@p in comparison

Hi everyone.

I am looking at installing a CD Changer to my Corolla for my next project.

Has anyone here installed a Changer to a 2003 Corolla T3's factory head unit. If so, I would very much appreciate what unit was purchased together with what wiring loom adaptor. Also, I have recently added tweeters to my T3 (wiring loom already in place, discussed in another thread), has anyone tried adding the steering wheel control to the factory head unit? I sense that the manufacturer may have wiring already in place for this too...

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Adam

Ok Guys

Lack of time on Sunday ment i didn't have time to take pics of my dashboard peices, but will be soon now, as my current H/U makes it impossible to work out what i'm listening to :rolleyes:

Don't worry, will get pics of everything i did in there

Bing

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the report!, I'm just waiting for them!

By the way: the guy from the car audio shop told me is possible to install the Sony CDX-T70MX cd-mp3 changer to the Toyota Corolla using the MTYS001 interface. :lol:

I'm going to order the interface today ! :ph34r:

But the guy also asked me if I know how to remove the central unit from the car... :crybaby::crybaby:

:afro: <-- it has the same head as the shop's man, heeheeheee !!!! really !!

Thank you corsol,

The model is the same as my car... but I need the "Long extension and socket wrench", I don't know what it is, I suppose is one part for removing the central unit part... that was the problem from the beginning, but now I know that I need that part. Let's see if I can get one !.

Thanks to all!

... but I need the "Long extension and socket wrench", I don't know what it is, I suppose is one part for removing the central unit part...

long extension=extension for screwdriver

socket wrench=this "thing" you connect at the end of the "long extension"

............. :ffs:

You need looooong screwdriver for 4 screws under audio system.

Clear?

ah! ok ok, I'm sorry, maybe my english is not very good :( and I understood a different thing. Thanks for your explanation.

If everything goes as expected ( :yes: ) I will have here the interface for the weekend, so maybe the next week I have the Sony cd changer installed !!!

Corolla H/U Removal

Hi Everyone

Well finally got the H/U pics as everyone wanted, hope it helps.

Got a few pics of the OEM H/U which some peeps wants to have a look, which i will post soon as i can, not now, running late as it is.. :crybaby:

Hope this helps, and if you need any more pics, let me know.

Bing

• 9 months later...

This problem is across the whole toyota corolla range. Changing the dash does not solve the problem. My family owns 2 corollas and they both have the same problem even though they are 2 years apart and where brought brand new. The older car has had the stereo changed and the dash changed. This did not fix the problem. The problem actually lies in the bracket that holds the stereo in place and the design of the mould of the dash. With no support underneath the front end of the stereo which is quite heavy. the front left part of the facia will pop out eventually. The 4 L shaped brackets that hold the stereo in place needs to be modified or changed for the NEW BRACKET that toyota has started stocking on all new models. Go to a garage and demand for a new bracket. The new brackets are 5mm further towards the front of the stereo. This means after you screw the 4 screws into the L- brackets, the stereo facia clips sit tightly in the clip holdings like they should do. The actual facia without the stereo sits perfectly without any gaps at all in my new car. Its olnly when you put the stereo in the facia pops back out. Its no more than a 1 hours work to get the bracket changed. I would prefer some front support under the stereo to prevent the stereo from dropping down and bending the brackets. I might add a wedge under the stereo just to make double sure things stay in place.

BOY! has toyota's quality gone down hill since manufacturing started in europe! I'm not saying they don't try! I'm saying the quality of the cars aren't to the standards of the jap toyotas! - FACT!