Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mate Lookin For A Gt4 Or Supra

pizza boy

Im doin a favour for my mate as he doesnt know a great deal about cars and also isnt sure what model togo for. I just about put him off going for a 400bhp Vielside R plate Supra the nutter. He just sees bling and doesnt see the problematic side to heavily modded cars.

Hes 31 and has 5 years NCB so insurance is no problem for him (hence why hes going for group 20 cars). Hes doesnt like Evos (bah!) or Subarus(thank god!) only the GT4 and Supra TT (he used to own an ST185 so has experience in the nature of 4wd but not RWD) and he is not fussed too much about the petrol side of things.

He has a budget of 13k odd and this car will be more or less his daily drive. What are the problems and plus sides to each car? Servicing intervals, difficulty in maintenece ..you know the score.

For the record...im telling him to go for the GT4 but he keeps talkin Supranese. If you guys were in his position what would you go for?

At 400bhp it isnt going to be heavily modded, thats around BPU level for a TT, do you know what mods it has??? will be able to tell if its max power figures.

Id have to say I'd go for the supra, even though its known im not a great fan of the styling.

I dont like Evo's either so he's got good taste :D

if he wants a straight line sprinter: Supra

if he wants a car that handles: GT4

if he wants a car that handles better: Evo

At 400bhp it isnt going to be heavily modded, thats around BPU level for a TT, do you know what mods it has??? will be able to tell if its max power figures.

Id have to say I'd go for the supra, even though its known im not a great fan of the styling.

I dont like Evo's either so he's got good taste  :D

Aha..when I say heavily modded I mean everything. Not just engine. The problems id see is this :

Big fat oh-so-common-my-eyes-are-gonna-bleed Vielside kit = crap quality and easily damaged....oh...and crap looking too(to me anyway).

18" ADVAN wheels = expensive to repair, not available in UK which leads to the "Damaged an alloy m8? Go buy a new set" scenario. plus the cars a rear wheel tire shredder which = high tire expense.

Low+stiff suspension: shattered spine, dentist expense, danger to crap bodykit, generally uncomfortable.

400BHP(claimed)Problem? The guy is gonna kill himself cos hes never owned a RWD car.

Evos kick ***** and you know it.

i think you have made the case your self Pizza delivery boyo... :P

You know it makes sense... tell him to get the GT4... and if he dont like it.. then let him get the supra to kill himself... :lol:

Pizza delivery boyo...

Do Rajus down Oaklane still make 12" pizzas for 2 quid? That ruled!

And so did Cheeseburgers for £1. lol every man and his cousin has a takeaway down there competition is so tight its brilliant for prices:)

mmmm man I need a pizza now made me well hungry...%$(! :drool::drool::drool:

Pizza delivery boyo...

Do Rajus down Oaklane still make 12" pizzas for 2 quid? That ruled!

And so did Cheeseburgers for £1. lol every man and his cousin has a takeaway down there competition is so tight its brilliant for prices:)

mmmm man I need a pizza now made me well hungry...%$(! :drool::drool::drool:

Too right they do man but prices have doubled obviously... £4 for th wMEat feast the rest are cheaper..... they have now branched out... got 2 other places open... a Raja Chicken place where ya can get 2 piece chicken and chips for £1!!!!

you need to come back down bro.. lol btw.. whats your name?

LOL Raja chicken!Go on that man..always thinking of new ideas :lol: But for £1 that a !Removed! bargain. I might come down in summer cos Im probably heading down to manchester around that time. Names amran and and hope ye have your GT4 by then we can attack the yorkshire B roads cant wait to hit them with my tubby. I wonder if the cops are still chasing bikers with thier Scooby pursuit cars on those roads. Lucky gits.

I dont like Evo's either so he's got good taste  :D

Aha..when I say heavily modded I mean everything. Not just engine. The problems id see is this :

Big fat oh-so-common-my-eyes-are-gonna-bleed Vielside kit = crap quality and easily damaged....oh...and crap looking too(to me anyway).

18" ADVAN wheels = expensive to repair, not available in UK which leads to the "Damaged an alloy m8? Go buy a new set" scenario. plus the cars a rear wheel tire shredder which = high tire expense.

Low+stiff suspension: shattered spine, dentist expense, danger to crap bodykit, generally uncomfortable.

400BHP(claimed)Problem? The guy is gonna kill himself cos hes never owned a RWD car.

Evos kick ***** and you know it.

I think your personal preferences are intefering now lol

Veilside bodykit............in ya face and a bit common i agree but the mkiv needs all the styling help it can get.

Getting import wheels isnt problem with this interweb thingy, i imagine he could get a new wheel within 2 days.

Tyres, yes can be a rear tyre eater but with the very rated 'kuhmo 712 ecsta supra' coming in at a whopping £65 for a 17" an 18 wont be much more and thats not expensive in my book.

Lowered and stiffer suspension, you have it dont ya?? :P :D

400bhp=death?? you dont need that much, just an idiot behind the wheel of a smart car will do lol

Throw away the stock TC and get RLTC.

Oh, and EVO=MAX POWER :yes:

No further comments m'lord :D

Getting import wheels isnt problem with this interweb thingy, i imagine he could get a new wheel within 2 days.

Sorry I meant that fact that they will be stupidly expensive. Advan are reknown for this. My old enkie RP01 in white would have cost me £320 for one....in 16x7 from Japan (no1 does em in europe).

Lowered and stiffer suspension, you have it dont ya?? 

I dont mind it one bit its him that wont like it :D

400bhp=death?? you dont need that much, just an idiot behind the wheel of a smart car will do lol

Trust me he'll have a hard enough time with even 280bhp hes been driving a rover for the last year. Its the wet im referring to which is why I think the GT4 is the safer option for him :lol:

Oh, and EVO=MAX POWER

Nooooo you cant say that! Evos are waaay outta the max muppets price and insurance. And the bottom line is..if you own a MK4 Supra these days..your always seen as a a vin diesel wannabe :P A supra is what every max muppet dreams of now due to that film so in my view a supra is more max power than any car on this board(time to hide! :bye: )

P.S.!Its scoobies that are max power!

Tell him to get a GT4 as my GT4 was easily equally Supra's at Santapod.

Then send him my direction if he wants a good GT4! :D

Wait a mo leeky were you not after a Supra a lil bit ago? :D My m8 deffo wants a supra now and im not gonna stop him :) Just have to help him find a good example now. Think I best start postin in the supra forum for info. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links