Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying Advice Please Looking At A V4.2 Xt-r

BenMMellor

Hi,

Hope people will be able to offer some advice on what to look for when looking at Rav4's. I'm currently using an IS200 as my daly driver, but the missus has said we really need to look at something more practical as our little one (7 months old) is getting a bit big to be heaved in and out of the back of the missus's KA in the near future.

I'm a big Toyota fan and am pushing her that if we change the family car then I'd like a Rav4 for the odd time I get to drive it - we'll probably trade both our cars in against it (or I'll just cash buy it if it make more financial sense). I'll still have my Celica for my fun and the drivng I need to do as my work mileage is easing off these days as I try to get the train instead.

I've found what looks like a good rev 4.2 XT-R 5dr and am hoping to go and give it the once over at some point this week - if it's a decent example, then I'll go and see it again with the missus at the weekend.

Petrol or diesel ?

2.0 petrol cheers.

wonder if the brand new battery I just put in my IS200 would be useable in it as well ?

Not unless it's an HP11 :D

Never had a petrol, but never heard much said against them either, pretty bullet proof.

I am on my second XT-R and think the spec level is great, enjoy :thumbsup:

Aye - I'm a lot more familiar with the Celica range as I'm one of the Admin on Celica-Club (Hence I know Uncle (Bob) King well on there).

I know Toyota engines are pretty buletproof (well unless you count the oil starvation/oval piston issues on the Gen 7).

Just hope it's a nice drive and I can get a good price for my car or for cash.

Does the XT-R have heated front seats as standard ?

No, some did come with leather as an option, not sure if they were heated but would have thought not.

Aye - I'm a lot more familiar with the Celica range as I'm one of the Admin on Celica-Club (Hence I know Uncle (Bob) King well on there).

I know Toyota engines are pretty buletproof (well unless you count the oil starvation/oval piston issues on the Gen 7).

Just hope it's a nice drive and I can get a good price for my car or for cash.

Just ignore me ! :P :D

Saw yours Mr Shuttleworth and whilst I don't doubt it's a finely looked after motor (though given West Ridings reputation has had a little battering of late).I

t's a) the wrong colour (you know my preference is silver) and B) she who must be obeyed (and the little one babbling at me as well) silver, blue or black are the preferred options !

Good to see you still have a thing for Toyota's though Rob !

will reply to your pm Rob.

Bad news is the one I was hoping to get a shufty/test drive of was at Arnold clark - and sadly its gone. It looked mint and even the missus said she half expected to come home from walking the nipper to find it parked in the drive(and more importantly wouldn't have been upset in the lsightest about it) - shame she didn't tell me that earlier in the week and I probably would have made a purchase !

Still I'll just have to think to myself that it was a 'shed' so I feel better and continue the search for an ideally silver XTR. There's a few on autotrader and in the Toyota dealerships but it's a case of getting out to see them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links