Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Notchy Gearbox When Cold.

adi

Is this a known problem? when the gearbox is cold its very notchy. On the older toyota boxes we use redline MT90 which normally helps.. but can i do this on the avensis?

Possibly just my clutch early warning signs though..

anyone else got it?

Is this a known problem? when the gearbox is cold its very notchy. On the older toyota boxes we use redline MT90 which normally helps.. but can i do this on the avensis?

Possibly just my clutch early warning signs though..

anyone else got it?

Not having the same model, I can't comment directly, but your suggestion of the clutch is worth checking out. What's the milage, and when was the clutch last sorted?

AAAAAhhhhh notchey gearbox syndrome... one of the many problems that hover about the eternally !Removed! mazda probe...

I've got info some where on which oils are ood in making dubious gearboxes shift easier... (is it mainly 1st and second when cold?)

hi charlie.. nope its 2nd and 3rd.

Redline MT90 is the stuff to use... its what we put in the supra boxes to help the second gear problem.

I was just woindering if this was a common fault or it is indeed something to do with my clutch.. although the clutch itself appears fine.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, i know its an old threa but my old mans got a 1.8 VVTi GS Saloon, on a X plate, he's having trouble with the gearbox, especially from 1st to second, you've mentioned redline MT90 previously, can you guys suggest any others please? Thanks.

Assam.

:ffs: yea got similar problem with 2.0L vvt-i avensis 01 sr. first is dodgy in the morning... need to kill speed completely to zero for it to be put into first. :!Removed!:

yeah my (02) SR is the same from 1st to 2nd gear when cold, most cars i have ownd are the same when cold just the avensis seems to warm up quicker! Dont think its a clutch prob as i had an avensis 18 vermount (52) plate b4 with 20k on the clock and this was the same! i find mine runs alot smoother if i let the motor idel for 5 mins after starting when cold.

hope this helps.

:unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links