Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1st Time Rav-4 Purchaser

Drew83

Hi all,

I am looking to get a Rav-4 in the next few days...waiting for the weekend to do road tests etc....

I am changing from a Mondeo.... :wacko: .

The car I am looking at is a 51 plate 2.0ltr GX 5 door....

My 1st main question is....can the 5 doors take 2 booster seats & a car seat (as i have 2 4yr olds & a 2yr old.....)

They are a bit of a squeeze in the mondy at the moment & the Rav looks a bit narrower in the back....

Also, can anyone tell me if the Rav i have described is the chain driven or belt drive engine?

I have heard the chain driven are better than the belt driven....

Also, are they a permanent 4 wheel drive?

Cheers for now....

I am sure more questions will come up in time....

Thanks

Drew

P.S...Just found out it's a 4.2 if that makes any odds....??? :unsure:

the 4.2 petrol vvti engine is chain driven. The engine is efficient and good as far as I know.

On the child seat bit - no idea. Tried bunk chairs (beds) ??

Now, is the 4.2 4 wheel drive permanent????? Theres a few posts here and descriptions of the models pinned at the top I think.

the 4.2 petrol vvti engine is chain driven. The engine is efficient and good as far as I know.

On the child seat bit - no idea. Tried bunk chairs (beds) ??

Now, is the 4.2 4 wheel drive permanent????? Theres a few posts here and descriptions of the models pinned at the top I think.

Thanks Bothwell.....

Bunkchairs would be a good idea...having said that, bit of duct tape & the boot will make more than extra space....... :thumbsup:

Although it does have 3 seatbelts, you need to bear in mind these seats are removeable and are really just two seats with 3 seatbelts

Personally I would doubt you would get three seats in and I dont think the centre seatbelt that comes all the way down from the roof lining will be long enough.

Although it does have 3 seatbelts, you need to bear in mind these seats are removeable and are really just two seats with 3 seatbelts

Personally I would doubt you would get three seats in and I dont think the centre seatbelt that comes all the way down from the roof lining will be long enough.

shutty, is that experience or knowledge? (if you see the difference).....

this will be the one thing that will stop me buying it......i hope its ok...already set my heart on it.....

Although I can't answer your child seat question about the Rav as we don't get ours until next month, I do use Britax seats in our Previa and have found the Britax fitting guide useful when deciding what seats are suitable in what seating position in what car. Have a look at the Britax guide and see if that helps any although it is specific to their child seats.

http://www.britax.co.uk/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=62

Cheers guys....i was supposed to be taking half day today to do the test drive etc....but work commitments have proved otherwise....typical....

But will be driving tomorrow.....

I will let you know how i get on....

Drew

sorry just read your message again, I thought it was 3 car seats, Should fit with the car seat on one side but its a bit uncomfy on your back sat against the edge of the centre seat and no head rest.

Experience - twins now 12 though

Knowledge 8 yrs working with Toyota

Hi all,

I am looking to get a Rav-4 in the next few days...waiting for the weekend to do road tests etc....

I am changing from a Mondeo.... :wacko: .

The car I am looking at is a 51 plate 2.0ltr GX 5 door....

My 1st main question is....can the 5 doors take 2 booster seats & a car seat (as i have 2 4yr olds & a 2yr old.....)

They are a bit of a squeeze in the mondy at the moment & the Rav looks a bit narrower in the back....

Also, can anyone tell me if the Rav i have described is the chain driven or belt drive engine?

I have heard the chain driven are better than the belt driven....

Also, are they a permanent 4 wheel drive?

Cheers for now....

I am sure more questions will come up in time....

Thanks

Drew

P.S...Just found out it's a 4.2 if that makes any odds....??? :unsure:

Is there just you driving or spouse up front as well? One of the 4year olds can go in the front as long as they are on booster seat and belt on. The UK law says that only rear facing child seats are not allowed.

The best way as usual is to go and test drive and try the seats at the same time. failing that get a Landcruiser Amazon, you know you want one really......

shutty...thanks for your reply.....will give it a go....

babybadger, the mrs will be with me most of the time, however mon-fri it will be 1x4yr old & 1x2 yr old....only weekends do we have my other 4yr old....(the 4yr old mon-fri & the 2 yr old are my stepkids).......the other 4 yr old is my daughter......

bit long winded i know....... ;) :rolleyes:

thans again guys....

drew

shutty...thanks for your reply.....will give it a go....

babybadger, the mrs will be with me most of the time, however mon-fri it will be 1x4yr old & 1x2 yr old....only weekends do we have my other 4yr old....(the 4yr old mon-fri & the 2 yr old are my stepkids).......the other 4 yr old is my daughter......

bit long winded i know....... ;) :rolleyes:

thans again guys....

drew

Get rid of them all - it makes financial sense.

I looked after my 4 for too many years and they fell out with me after I stopped paying their mobile phone bills!!! Then I took the car off them as well! Now I have money in my pocket!!

I'm now a counsellor advising parents how quickly to get rid of their we'ens.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links