Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration

Luke-v

Hi all, was driving home tonight and all was well until all of a sudden the car started to vibrate. It was as if someone had sellotaped a small stick to one of the tyres and it was thumping each revolution of the wheel. I stopped and had a look, but externally everything was normal.

Moving off again, it was present through all speeds and gears, and was there even when I depressed the clutch. It sped up and slowed down with the speed of the car, but was unaffected by engine revs.

It's dark now so my investigations will have to wait until the morning.

Having read about a bit, I'm suspecting either bearings or driveshaft. Possibly DMF, but I'm not sure of that possibility.

Is there any way I can determine which it is, or in fact if it is something different altogether?

It's a 2004 Avensis 2.0D4D at 70k miles.

Cheers

Doing further reading, as it relates to wheel speed and not engine speed, do you think I can rule out DMF failure? (I hope so!)

Any advice will be appreciated.

OK, I feel stupid now. Just checked and found a huge chunk of metal embedded in the front drivers side tyre!

Stupid, but relieved!